It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: US Republicans pay court costs for head of Bush campaign

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 12:17 AM
link   
James Tobin, President George W. Bush's 2004 campaign chairman, is quietly having his court cost payed by the Republican Party. The case before the court could amount to 4 felony charges and involve two other Republican officials. The Republican Party chairman, Ken Mehlman, talks like it's just friends helping friends. The amount paid so far is $770,000. There may be more to the story than meets the eye.

www.taipeitimes.com
The Republican Party has quietly paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to provide private defense lawyers for a former Bush campaign official charged with conspiring to keep Democrats from voting in one northeastern state's Senate race.

James Tobin, President George W. Bush's 2004 campaign chairman for the northeastern US, is charged with four felonies accusing him of conspiring with two other Republican officials to jam Democratic and labor union get-out-the-vote phone banks ahead of the 2002 elections.

A telephone company was paid to make repeated hang-up phone calls to overwhelm the phone banks in the state of New Hampshire and prevent them from getting Democratic voters to the polls on Election Day 2002, prosecutors allege. Republican John Sununu won a close race that day to be New Hampshire's newest senator.

At the time, Tobin was the party's northeastern regional director, before moving on to President Bush's 2004 re-election campaign.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

As I see it, at $770,000, I should have such friends. The amount is so much that you'd think a higher up is being covered for. You'd have to think, are they buying Tobin's silence with money to cover his defense in the criminal and civil suit?

Related News Links:
www.talkingpointsmemo.com

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I would be willing to contribute to a campaign for Bush's head.

Who else will contribute to the effort for Bush's head?

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I found a new source for this article:

www.forward.com...

There is smoke all over this mirror and the Republican Party looks ugly in the reflection.

[edit on 8/13/2005 by bodebliss]

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Is there a Paypal account or something?

I'd quite literally buy that for a dollar! Well maybe as much as $1.50 but no more than that!

new topics

top topics

join