It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Links between "New" and "OLD" Worlds

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher

I originally asked, even said "PLEASE", for knowledge that links the "New" and "Old" worlds.

13 posts later .....

little new information to link both.

mostly attacks on existing information.

At any rate, reading 40 to 100 books a year for the past 15 years. Forgive me if I forget my sources, authors and book titles.

Does anyone have any pertinent information linking the Americas in any form or fashion to the "old" world?

Or are we going to continue to try to debunk?

13 posts, no new ideas. mostly attacking and belittling. Thanks guys.

One would think that if you have read 40 to 100 books on the subject and still not found convincing evidence, but must ask for it on an internet message board, then perhaps you should have long ago arrived at the logical conclusion. No such evidence exists.

When someone's claim to evidence of old world east-west contacts is posted here, it seems perfectly natural that others would post what they know about these individual pieces of "evidence."

For example, had I (and others) not posted what we knew about the use of the word "corn," you would have perfectly convincing evidence in the Bible for ancient east-west contact, and ignorance be damned.

I would not say that this is "to continue to try to debunk" or "attacking and belittling" as much as it is attempting to educate people on the facts of the situation.

Harte

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indellkoffer

3) Rosylin Chapel in Scottland had engravings of both corn and aloe cactus on it's walls, when Columbus was only 4 years old. Both corn and the aloe plant were only indiginious to the Americas.

Chapels never had engravings hung on the walls, except perhaps in the vicar's office. They have statues and icons and panels and stained glass windows and carved elements... but no engravings.

Here's a picture of the "corn"... but frankly there's nothing that looks like corn, and certainly not like the kind of corn that the Indians were raising at the time:
www.rosslyntemplars.org.uk...

I've read a few books and remember some of the theory that Esoteric may be referring to. Some conjecture that supports that it is corn:
1) Out of all the other plants carved into the walls, the assumption is that these designs were also intended to be plants, and they do sort of resemble corn.
2) An altlas or almanac that was published and printed years before Vaspuchi (however you spell it) visited the Americas, and was already labelled as the Americas. How could the Maps labell Americas before the person who they are supposedly named for even did what he did to get them named after him?
Hard to believe they would have been named America for someone who had nothing to do with them at the time.
However, there were rumors that the Knights Templars had maps of the Americas, and "Merica" which was also the name of Venus the star was where the continents really got their name. Merica was an ancient name, with legends/myths that talked about a land under the star.
3) When King Phillip The Fair of France had sealed letters to his forces all over France, that were not to be opened until Friday Oct 13, 1307, that gave the orders to kill/capture every Knights Templar ...... There are eye witness reports that state the Knights Templar's fleet left some port in Southern France, which included the Pope's nephew or cousin which is why they knew of the impending attack. But, Only a few landed in Scottland, the majority of the ships have no accounting for.
4) Some masonic/Templar engravings/carvings on the East coast of North America, which is questioned, but supposedly shows a shield with other Templars stuff as well, carved well before Columbus.

At any rate, all these coincidences add up, along with alot more I can't recall right now, that seem to indicate that their is supporting evidence to make one concieve the idea that it could be corn.

oh .. 5) The original owner/planner for the Rosslyn chapel was also related to some of the Templars that supposedly escaped, and also a Free Mason of the Scottish right.

A long elaborite story, parts of which I'm leaving out, sorry.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Here are 3 books I've read that I believe have some information about the corn supposedly carved into the walls at roslyn.

www.knight-lomas.com...

www.templarhistory.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

This link states:
www.tylwythteg.com...

But when the Knights Templar was destroyed in the 14th century, their incredible riches vanished into thin air. To escape persecution by King Philip of France, the Templars’ treasure — and their enormous fleet moored at La Rochelle — simply disappeared. To this day, its whereabouts has never been discovered.

History books also describe how the Templars were in possession of a mysterious "great secret". Some historians have suggested this merely related to their connection with the grail. But more recent accounts have painted a different picture. This "great secret" may have been a particular knowledge which, if revealed, would undermine our fundamental view of Christianity itself.

Couple of exerps from this link:
www.crystalinks.com...

There was a strong Templar connection with this area of Scotland from the time when Hugues de Payen married Catherine de St Clair. In fact the first Templar perceptory outside the Holy Land was built on St Clair land at a site to the south of Edinburgh now known as Temple. By the beginning of the fourteenth century the Templars had many estates in Scotland and a great deal of affection and respect from the people.

The Templars reportedly provided assistance to William Wallace. There was a battle between the Scots and the English at Roslin in 1303 which was won with the support of Templar knights, led by a St Clair.

Part of the Templar fleet made the decision to head to Argyll and the Firth of Forth, where they knew Robert the Bruce was engaged in a rebellion against England. The fact that Robert the Bruce was excommunicated combined with the long St Clair family links with Rosslyn was the greatest attraction of Scotland as a sanctuary - it was one of the few places on the planet where the Pope could not get at them. Because of the war with the English the Templars also knew that as skilled warriors, they would be received with open arms.

Josephus, the historian of the Jews in the first century, observed that the Essenes believed that good souls have their inhabitation beyond the ocean, in a region that is neither oppressed with storms of rain or snow nor with intense heat, but refreshed by the gentle breathing of the west wind which perpetually blows from the ocean. This idyllic land across the sea to the west (or sometimes the north), is a belief common to many cultures, from the Jews to the Greeks to the Celts. The Mandeans, however, believe that the inhabitants of this far land are so pure that mortal eyes will not see them and that this place is marked by a star, the name of which is 'Merica'.

When the monk published the information in Introduction to Cosmography it quickly became part of popular folklore.

If you look at a map of the road network of France, which the Templars had built and policed, it is very noticeable that all the great long-distance routes meet at one point - at La Rochelle, on the Atlantic coast. The harbour of La Rochelle lies in a natural bay, is easyto defend, and it was laid out and developed by the Templars very early in their history. Furthermore, the Order owned a huge fleet, and other seaports in the north, for links with England, and in the south, as a starting-point for voyages to the Holy Land and the Mediterranean islands. La Rochelle, however, is far too far north to serve as a viable port of embarkation for Palestine, and the same applies to voyages to England. For this purpose, it was far too far south. There were other ports from which one could cross to Britain far more quickly and simply.

For this reason, La Rochelle must have had some very special significance. The town was not merely the seat of a simple Commanderie, but also the capital of a Templar Province. Its population grew quickly over the years. In which direction did the Temple's shipping lines lead, if it was neither to the north nor to the south? There can only be one possible explanation for the position of this seaport - the Order's ships set course from it due west, to America.

After Napoleon conquered Rome in 1809, some files were brought back to Paris from the secret archives of the Vatican. Among these were a few documents relating to the Templar trials. In one of these records was the statement of Jean de Chalons, a member of the Order from Nemours in the diocese of Troyes.

The Zeno Narrative tells of a mysterious ocean voyage west one hundred years later by a Templar descendent, Henry Sinclair, Earl of Orkney. Indian legends and a number of clues suggest that the landfall was Nova Scotia

Link / Book:
www.masonicbookstore.com...

THE TEMPLARS IN AMERICA: From the Crusades to the New World

By: Tim Wallace-Murphy and Marilyn Hopkins

In fascinating detail, this book tells the story of how two leading European families, steeped in Templar tradition and spirituality, combined forces in an attempt to create a new commonwealth in America far behond the repressive reach of the Church and the long arm of the Inquisition. Nearly a century before the voyages of Columbus, Henry St. Clair - Earl of Orkney and Lord of Roslin - placed his fleet under the command of two sons of therenowned Zeno family of Venice and in 1396 sailed with them through the North Atlantic to America. Once there, they explored the Northeast coast of North America and interacted peacefully with the Mi'kmaq people of present-day Canada. Proof of their travels is carved in stone on both sides of the Atlantic and can be found in documentary evidence borne out by a strong oral tradition that has withstood the test of time.

Templar scholars Tim Wallace-Murphy and Marilyn Hopkins present the compelling history of the Templars and Rex Deus families beginning with the lordly line of the High St. Claires of Scotland. Most remarkable is how they trace the legacy of the Templar voyages through the formation of the fraternity of Freemasonry to the American founding fathers and the drafting of the United States Constitution. In doing so they reveal the facts behind best-selling novels on the subject and prove yet again that truth is stranger than fixtion.

At any rate, that's a little more of where I got some info on the corn thing at Roslyn chapel/temple/thingamajigger

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher

I'm certain there are links and interesting similarities between the "old" world and the "New" World. I am aware of the following, through reading MANY books about ancient beliefs and historical facts over the last 15 years.

Please share your similarities, facts, truths, or rumor, or interpretation.
Thanks, and looking forward to your input.

I originally asked, even said "PLEASE", for knowledge that links the "New" and "Old" worlds.

13 posts later .....

little new information to link both.

mostly attacks on existing information.

At any rate, reading 40 to 100 books a year for the past 15 years. Forgive me if I forget my sources, authors and book titles.

Does anyone have any pertinent information linking the Americas in any form or fashion to the "old" world?

Or are we going to continue to try to debunk?

13 posts, no new ideas. mostly attacking and belittling. Thanks guys.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I like the idea of the expanding earth. According to Expanding Earth Theory long ago earth was smaller and relatively little water and for some unknown reason it began to grow. check it out. Im not 100% convinced of this mans full argument but I do believe he is on the right path. It explains alot about coastal anomolies and intercontinental traditions.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join