It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astral Projection 101

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Nova,

Robert A. Monroe's books are sequential, it is sort of like a trilogy. The order is:

*Journeys Out of The Body (1973)
*Far Journeys (1987)
*Ultimate Journey (1996)

All three books are a sort of autobiographical diary, recording his projections between these periods, as well as describing how to achieve an OOBE yourself, the "geography" of the astral plane, etc. Journeys Out of The Body is the first and probably the simplest read. It starts right off with his first experience, trying to go around to doctors, psychologists, etc to see what is wrong and coming up with nothing, discovering the phenomenon, etc. That is one of my favourite parts of the book, is that it is written very logically and almost scientifically. The other two books start to get sort of.... deep... but still sticking along the main subject.

The difference between Astral Projection and Remote viewing is generally that in RV you do not leave your body. In Astral projection, your conciousness and "soul" actually leave your body. In Remote Viewing, it is believed to be possible because your soul (which Remote Viewers call a "Subspace Aspect" of themselves) is omni-present across time and space, everywhere at once. You do not leave your physical body or induce an altered state of conciousness when you Remote View, you simply shift your awareness from one area of your intelligence to another. Basically the results of Remote Viewing come to you in your mind and your brain analyzes them, putting them into words and pictures. It is not a type of channeling, because it is actually simply a higher part of yourself that is communicating the information to you. In astral projection, you can travel in the "world that actually exists", as you put it. (Unless you use a technique called "Concentration On a Place", in which you will sort of automatically end up whereever you wanted to be). The "real world" is generally where most people will start when they have an astral projection. On your first AP you will generally find yourself in your bedroom pretty close to where you were lying down. The only difference is that (depending on your openness), you may be able to walk through walls, fly, etc. In a way, remote viewing is like the "language of the astral", because most beings do not talk verbally in the astral, but sort of telepathically. I dunno what your definition of "the astral" is, but it usually isn't some sort of psychodelic dreamland
. So yes... in a sentence or two... Astral projection, you leave your body; Remote Viewing you do not leave your body, but gain information that you should not be able to normally access from the limitations of your body's senses.

The techniques for RVing and APing are generally fairly different. While some people lay down to Remote View, I would say the majority do not. Both involve relaxation techniques, but that is about where the similarities pretty much end. The RVers who write down and record what they are interpreting generally have a set of guidelines they go through in a remote viewing, in order. Describing the shapes, colors, types of buildings or natural scenery they see, sounds, textures, drawing a simple sketch, etc. Some people simply close their eyes and remote view without writing anything down, or even RV with their eyes open! Personally I have been trying it so long that I can gain simple information through RVing even just while I sit here and type. Although I am distracted and it limits the ability, I can gain simple information through my thoughts such as information like "Your shirt is red", etc. If you want to gain detailed information, you will generally have to do the other method and actually spend some time and devote all of your attention to it, though.

NaCirema_NY, he simply misinterpreted what you were trying to say. Get over it please. I like to come here for intelligent discussions, not to scroll through pages of senseless fighting. If you can do that, thank you.

[edit on 17-8-2005 by Yarcofin]

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Thanks very much for that interesting reply - I'm going to look into this more, just need some spare time gah!

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 10:58 PM
link   
can sumone describe what the astral 'realm' or 'dimension' looks like? like is it like the normal world but u can jus fly n stuff?

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 12:01 AM
link   
That seems to be the most common description of it. Some people report other things though. (energy vision, 360 vision...)

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 08:04 AM
link   
in the astral world, the gravity and time have no effect, ... like'' they just arren't there''

and you can create anything you want in the astral, do everything you want, if ya wanna use magick...you can , if you wanna fly, you can

you can even have sex in the astral (it wil rock your socks of
)

its just like the mental plane( that where we are now) , mayB you wont see a difference the first time, but its a bit hard to explain how its like up there, you''ll have to experience it for yourself...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join