It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Introducing, the ATS Theme Song

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Props to who ever made that track! I am a freelance artist/designer and work from my home so it's not unlike me to crank the tunes when I'm working. The song is great for creating a "push forward" attitude and get the creative juices flowin. Love how it's always changing. Also perfect music for ATS. Techno, even though it's not some peoples music of choice fits ATS to the "T". Kinda Techno meets Electronica meets Industrial. Futuristic, Sinister, and Mysterious.

Awesome work!

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 06:35 PM
link   
oooh, I love techno....great choice

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Personally I prefer rock and some good metal but this song came out very nicely. I'm not a huge fan of techno but I have to say, songs like this are awesome for video game playing. That and it does have a pretty good ATS feel to it, pretty good for forum surfing.

And I guess it's for the better that theres no lyrics.

Awesome work to whoever made this

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 10:56 PM
link   
i think its great! but i still like good ol clasic easy listining & clasic rock (elvis, sinatra dean martin rolling stones ext)

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I gave it 2 minutes, OK for Techno, not my thing. The visuals that my screen gave me were cool. Music? Um, no. Sorry. I like my tunes way harder than that. Not Slipknot but not Howard Jones either.

Program something like Sabbath and I'm a happy guy.

jra

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Hmmm weird... I always considered techno music to be more like that annoying dance music with the really repetitive beats and sounds. I don't really think of this as being techno. It seems closer to being industrial music almost. Either way, it doesn't really matter. It sounds good and I like it.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 12:06 AM
link   
It sounds very "fitting" for the site. Nice find, creation, compilation, etc etc.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I really like it. Folks need to remember the purpose of the song itself, i.e. the lead-in for podcasts. I think it's great for that purpose - it has a very pensive, dramatic, tense and mysterious feel to it. It would sound awesome if later once the podcasts really get going it had some vocal soundbites from some of the podcasts themselves mixed over the top, similar to the way that soundbites from great orators like Martin Luther King and moments like the Hindenburg disaster mixed over music can sound so emotive and powerful.

Well done, SO.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Nice, Very nice...

It sounds a little like Giorgio Moroder's "the chase" - From Midnight Express.

Or something by Tangerine Dream....

I like it..

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Hmmm. Listening to it now and reading the reviews.

Really nice job. Totally fits the site. Mysterious but not necessarily dark.
It could probably play as a soundtrack to a video on any topic at ATS with the right imagery.

Anyone up for making a music VIDEO? It would be way cool to put all kinds of images people have posted at ATS to this music as an introduction to the site.

If anyone's interested in collecting the images and getting them to me, I'd be happy to work on it. Of course, pending that SO is cool with using his music.

Peace,

~Jammer+

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Very good job indeed on this, sounds like it belongs as the backdrop to something like a game or dvd interface, kind of pulling you along to play or watch. Definately an interesting interpreation of ATS layed out in music form, always figured an ATS theme song would sport lots of voice clips and a bit progressive rock sound, so this is quite unexpected but quite nifty. There any chance of other ATS-inspired tracks in the future perhaps?

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 07:28 PM
link   
What if ATS had it's own band? You know a bit of techno, rock and metal thrown together. And the band could sing about things like UFO's, Kennedy, Groom Lake, the NSA, the NWO, Auruora, etc. I bet with some talent it could get a record deal, or at least a lot of paranoid fans.

Come to think of it Above Top Secret would be a cool name for a band.

[edit on 8/16/2005 by cyberdude78]

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Not my kind of thing, but it kind of grows on you. Sounds like it is the backing track to Tiberian Sun or something ("Construction Complete"!).

What we need is Babylon Zoo - Spaceman. Now that was an underestimated tune and it fits well, shame not many people like it and that you would probably be sued into the next millenia

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 09:10 AM
link   
interesting......when listening to it the image of traveling (as in flying) over a ever-reaching desert came into my mind, haven't a clue why it just did..maybe I'm going mad

At 00:47 I expected it to switch into a heavy (although not too heavy) guitar for some reason.

Good though

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join