It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11 Transcripts released today !!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 09:43 PM
link   

By Ellen Wulfhorst

Grisly accounts of falling bodies, pleas for help and warnings to flee the World Trade Center fill thousands of heart-wrenching pages of transcripts of Sept. 11 emergency calls that were released on Thursday.

Many calls are from frantic people trapped in the upper floors of the heavily damaged twin towers, including a woman making repeated calls from the Windows on the World restaurant, reporting fires in the building and elevator shafts and pleading for guidance on what to do.

"We are on the 88th floor. We're trapped," one woman caller said. "The whole building is going to coming down on me. The building is starting ... coming down (inaudible) ..."

The transcripts recorded calls to nearly 100 Port Authority police and civilian radio channels made by authority staff at the scene, and calls made to Port Authority police stations.

REUTERS STORY

I'm a bit surprised they released these transcripts to the public, I am curious how families of the victims will respond. They were only released because a judge ordered them to be as a result of a lawsuit filed by The New York Times, there are approximately 2,000 pages of transcripts and reports.

There are a few excerpts provided at the link, most describe the gruesome images of burning bodies jumping from the towers and hitting the ground. I don't think I would be too pleased if I lost a family member that these were made public, what do you think?

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 10:01 PM
link   
This has GOT to hurt he failies who lost loved ones in this NIGHTMARE...

Imagine fi one of yourloved ones jumped....
\

P...
m...

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I have been searching for awhile for copies of the transcripts, I guess they haven't made the web yet, pretty surprising. If anyone comes across them, could you post a link? Thanks.

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 06:29 AM
link   
That is pretty horrible!
But i did hear that some of the familys wanted the transcrips, Just to no what happened to there loved ones in them final minuits...
Very sad. dont think i could read them...
It was bad enough when i heard the taping from one of the planes that crashed, God that was disturbing!

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I don't know too much about this transcript release.I heard on the TV yesterday that it was the consequence of a legal battle between the US Government and I think The New York Times(May have been Washington Post)
I didn't realise that it was this imformation they were after.I understood it was comunication at the airports before the actual attack that they wanted.

These horrific transcripts may have a ghastly fascination and hold the medias interest but there may be more important imformation released today.

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I support John bull 1's position.

While this material may hold a fascination for a small number of ghouls, it is important to present for the sake of disclosure - without sensationalism - for the public good.

People jumping into the sky were a public spectacle in the immediate aftermath and this is only part of what's in the transcripts. What is more significant is analysis of the order of events inside the buildings to dispel myths and to create some closure - that is vitally important in light of the constant obfuscations, cover-ups and lies of the incumbent administration.

I can't empathize with the position of relatives of the dead fully, as I'm not one. But I suspect that there are more people who want a full and detailed investigation than there are people who want to withhold the mortality information, on a gut feel and on knowing how many are actively pursuing the Truth Commission on 9/11.

The worst, most cynical view possible is that this release is in some way to cater for a public blood lust and provide satiation.

The best view is that the accurate description of events in the towers is part of an ongoing series of information releases in the public interest, in order to evaluate the security failings and to let people participate in the strategies necessary to prevent this thing ever happening again.

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 09:14 AM
link   
well I couldnt find any of the transcripts yet, but will keep looking.

I did have a look at "The New York Times" site and came across this:

www.nytimes.com...

which I did find interesting as there was "The Authority Tapes", with journalists talking and describing certain things.

blackwidow

posted on Aug, 30 2003 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Oh, sure, they will release this #, but not what we really need to see: the conspiracy. When i first saw this thread, i was hoping to see govornment data about FAA NORAD, and other failures, conversations with officals, not the horrifying last momenst of the victims.

Reading these, however, really hit me hard. I read them, and for a moment, in my minds eye, i was the victims...frantically realizing my choice to jump instead of burn to death, and could actually feel myself falling from the building, seeing that long drop my last........holding onto a friend.......

I sometimes do this. It sensitizes me to look at the situation more closely and personally, lest i forget what really happened here: 3000 peole sentanced to death for a sick govornment agenda. I wish I hadent seen those transcripts, because now Ill have more nightmares. I had them before when I pondered the shere terror of the people on the doomed planes before thier final moments.

The govornment is sick, sick sick. This was NOT what I wanted to see.

posted on Aug, 30 2003 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Turns out they might not be available to the general public.

Associated Press

The families of people who died in the Sept. 11 attacks at the World Trade Center will soon be able to log on to the Internet and read about 2,000 pages of transcripts of emergency calls made that day.

The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, which released the transcripts to the media last week, is setting up a password-protected Web site for victims' families, spokesman Michael Petralia said.

No decision has been made on whether the general public also will have access, Petralia said.

www.kansascity.com...

I had been wondering how the release of these transcripts would be received by victim's families, I have read several articles of these transcript's comforting some as they read the last moments of their loved ones. There are also plenty of angered family members.

One mother is interested in acquiring the actual audio recording of her daughter's phone call to the Port Authority. www.suntimes.com...

There are alot of mixed feelings also, and some are angered. straitstimes.asia1.com.sg...

posted on Aug, 30 2003 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I can totally understand why some families wouldnt want the tapes (transcripts) released, as for some if not most it must be very hard for them to cope with what has happen.

But then (Like the woman PA mentioned) a few if not more would like to hear thier loved ones voice's again (even if its not a nice recording), I personally think that the families should be the one's to decide whether they should be released to the general public.

blackwidow

posted on Aug, 30 2003 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Washinton is just going to rip all propaganda value out of this, arent they?
Many people died that day, but i am sure that they wouldnt like to be used as propaganda weapon..
Respect the dead, dont use them.

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Fulcrum

Nicely put!

RESPECT THE DEAD, DONT USE THEM!

But sadly the media dont respect the public do they? A story will sell papers, get people watching more Tv etc etc.

blackwidow

top topics

join