It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

martial law question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 07:46 PM
link   
if martial law is instated right before an election, who decides who the next president will be?

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by dillinger
if martial law is instated right before an election, who decides who the next president will be?

The real question is: do you think elections can be held under martial law?

Think! :bnghd:

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 11:20 PM
link   
There aren't enough active available soldiers in the US military to begin martial law. They're overseas in dozens of countries, and the Police won't enforce a "martial law" if the people protest, but then most are sheeple and would just go to their homes as ordered.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chuck Stevenson
There aren't enough active available soldiers in the US military to begin martial law. They're overseas in dozens of countries, and the Police won't enforce a "martial law" if the people protest, but then most are sheeple and would just go to their homes as ordered.

Only if I could access my ATS!!!!

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 09:56 AM
link   
One possibility could be that the elections are cancelled until a further date(which could be long enough), and to simply keep the same President in power until such time.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   
according to something i read on the internet a while ago The Tennessee Constitution outlaws martial law within its jurisdiction. i know where i'm running to when the tanks come rolling down my street.

most likely it would be as purityofpeace said, some emergency extension of powers for the current president past the election date.

the real question is, who has the right to execute martial law, congress or the president? or both?

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   
that is kind of what i thought, i just got into this discusion the other day and had like 5 people telling me i was wrong and that an election would go on. it was kind of pissing me off, so i had to ask someone from this site.

but thanks

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 09:23 PM
link   

You're right, which is exactly why the UN will be asked for assistance.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 10:32 PM
link   

I Would like to say your right but I Can't because the Fact is if the President (Government) says to do it the Local Police will have no choice but to inforce it or be delt with like the Rest of Us who Protest it. We Will Be Concidered Terroriest and Placed in Concetration Camps to be Slaves for the GOvernment. If We Still Protest we'll be SHot. Thats The Bottom Line. Lets Face it, It Is Gonna Happen the Question is Will You Be Ready When It Happens. We Cant Stop it. So Do Your Duty and Just tell as many people as You can while You Still Can. We Cant do it alone So Warn As Many As You Can. Till Then Peace be With U

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I was thinking about this today--even with foreign troops (yes they're here) in our country, how can they possibly put the entire country under martial law? If anything, it might be major cities.

Under martial law would certain groups automatically be put in camps? Just wondering there.

Seventy per cent of our military would NEVER fire on an American citizen under martial law, so they had to bring in foreign troops, who wouldn't mind a chance at it.

There are a lot of police jurisdictions who are against martial law.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amethyst
Seventy per cent of our military would NEVER fire on an American citizen under martial law, so they had to bring in foreign troops, who wouldn't mind a chance at it.

Seventy percent of our military might not fire on US citizens, but then again, 70% of our military is currently stationed around the world...

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by CyberSEAL

You're right, which is exactly why the UN will be asked for assistance.

we have treaties established with germany and the UK that if one of the countries declares martial law, that the other 2 countries go there to help secure that country. In our case, the german troops have been trained to go door to door doing weapons confiscations. The UK troops have been similiarly trained, aswell as checkpoint training.

It wont be our troops enforcing the martial law, by any stretch of the imagination.

[edit on 29-8-2005 by senseless04]

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Regardless of who does or doesn't enforce martial law, the fact of the matter is that at that time, people don't have rights. There would be no election. The president is the president indefinitely.

[edit on 29-8-2005 by Valerina]

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valerina
Regardless of who does or doesn't enforce martial law, the fact of the matter is that at that time, people don't have rights. There would be no election. The president is the president indefinitely.

[edit on 29-8-2005 by Valerina]

That's not true. The elections can be held under martial law.

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 01:46 PM
link   
If the UN sent Germany to the US to confiscate weapons, would we be criminal to fire upon them?

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by shadow watcher
If the UN sent Germany to the US to confiscate weapons, would we be criminal to fire upon them?

Don't know, ill let you know.. Of course it may be too late by then =p I don't see any reason why german troops can have guns and i cant. What if china attacks?!

[edit on 29-8-2005 by senseless04]

top topics

join