It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air Force Sex Assaults Widespread

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 09:12 PM
link   

By ROBERT GEHRKE, Associated Press Writer

Nearly one in five female Air Force Academy cadets said they had been sexually assaulted during their time at the academy, according to a survey underscoring the extent of the problem at the scandal-plagued school.

A department official who had read the report, speaking on condition of anonymity, said the survey done this year showed that 109 of the 579 female cadets surveyed, or 18.8 percent, said they had been sexually assaulted in their time at the academy. Sexual assault was defined as anything from unwanted touching to rape.

In 89 percent of the cases, the alleged assailant was identified as another cadet.

The survey also said that 11 percent of senior female cadets and 3 percent of freshman female cadets reported having been the victim of rape or attempted rape since enrolling at the academy.

YAHOO NEWS STORY

This is a disturbing survey, 18% of female cadets sexually assaulted, that's absurd.

The article claims that of the 18% that some could be unwanted touching which is still unacceptable, but the 11% rape/attempted rape is way too high, there has to be a way of better insuring the safety of female cadets.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 09:29 PM
link   
These are serious crimes and should not go unpunished..

And i also think that military isnt a womans place, hell most men are too unfit or etc.. for that..

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 10:03 PM
link   
this is UNBELEIVABLE!!!! I DEMAND a senate investigation!

P...
m...

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 08:41 AM
link   
And i also think that military isnt a womans place,????
Jump on falcrum!!!!

What do you mean...Many women do a great job in the army!!
Ok this stuff happens but not just to women !!

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I disagree with the claim "the military isn't a women's place", this subject has been discussed at length in other threads. I dont think the front line is so much suited for a woman but they are beyond valuable in many aspects behind the scenes. Anyway, there are women in the military and there needs to be ways to protect their safety, those numbers are just ridiculous.

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 02:32 AM
link   
As long as the smaller head makes the desicions, the larger head will be suffer the consequences!

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 12:19 PM
link   

the military isn't a women's place

Thats junk man. Women can do just as fine a job as men. But ipersonally think that the military isn't a place for anyone. If all the countries in the world didn't have armys then there would be no wars. .

new topics

top topics

join