It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch the sky tonight!!!!!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Mars will be near the Moon and much larger and brighter than normal, as well as comets flying through the sky. So if you're weather is good and the skies are clear watch all the beauty in the sky tonight from 10pm to 5am. The best time to view the comets will be from 2-4am I think so I hope some of you are night owls like me.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 05:48 PM
link   
No.

Mars is increasing in brightness and will be pretty bright (for Mars) on October 29, when it is as close as it gets this time, but not nearly as bright as it was at its last approach to the Earth in August 2003.

And there will be no "comets'' flying through the sky, although there is a meteor shower, the Perseids, which will reach its peak tonight or tomorrow night. The Perseids are the remnants of a comet's tail, mostly dust and tiny pieces of rubble, and the Earth passes through them every year at about this time.

By the way, most of the meteorites you see flashing through the sky are about sixty miles high and as big as a pea. The vast majority of them burn out before they hit the ground.

[edit on 11-8-2005 by Off_The_Street]

2un

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I was wonderiing if anyone would be able to take some pics of the event tonight for me and everyone else who have to go to bed early for work tomrrow

If it's not too big of a deal of course.

[edit on 11-8-2005 by 2un]

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I'm sure someone will take pics or video of this.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I take it this will also be visible from Europe?

It is 01:21, Ireland

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Heh, is it too late for me now?

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 02:32 AM
link   
ok, I'll try... But can you see it from all over the world or only a few spesific places..?

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   
It's a hoax. I got the same info in an email yesterday morning, I google'd it and got tons of sources saying it was a hoax as well. The real fake story was that Mars is going to be visible in the night sky and going to be the same size as the moon, if not bigger - which is completely false and impossible. There is however a meteor shower which shouble be visible tonight and maybe the next few nights. I'll definitely try to get some pics.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I just wanted to say that I really enjoyed the show this morning from 12am till 2am here in the Smokies. The local news station carried this and said it would be better tonight. My wife and I plan on watching again tonight. Thanks meshuggah1324
There were some of the meteors very bright. But, I agree the mars thing has been over stated.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   
In the Smokies?

Anyhoo you can see the meteor shower anywhere on Earth if there's not too much light pollution. With heavy light pollution you will only be able to see the very brightest of meteors (maybe like four or five an hour) but in dark skies you may be able to see a few every minute.

Mars the size of the moon?! LMAO where did they come up with that??

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Yes that is one thing I do not have very much of yet is light pollution. That is a growing problem around the world I know. That is why we picked this spot for our home. But, did enjoy the show and wish all could see.

top topics

join