It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Foreign Missile Developments and the Ballistic Missile Threat Through 2015

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2002 @ 03:16 PM
link   
The issue with the complexity of a suitcase nuke is size. A warhead is also concerned with size, but for a suitcase nuke (or backpack nuke, as the U.S. Army calls theirs) it has to be small enough and light enough that a soldier can practically carry it alone and place it at the target (a bridge, a dam, etc.) andthen unass the area. A warhead is deployed on a rocket or missile that can be made to compensate for much more weight than what a soldier can.

As was already stated, the Soviets seem to have lost accountability for many of their suitcase nukes during the fall of the Empire. Another thing to consider is the fact that during the Clinton administration, many nuclear secrets were either sold to the Chinese or they were allowed to be stolen by the Chinese. Was this technology among the secrets, and if so, would China be willing to share their new-stolen technology with those who wish to harm a country they see as an adversary?

posted on Nov, 13 2002 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Exactly.

And as for your question: Yes, they most likely would. Wouldn't you?! I sure as hell would. I'd only be worried about that country turning around and stabbing me in the back. Honor, loyalty and accountability aren't exactly words in a lot countries vocabularies.

posted on Nov, 14 2002 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Belgium had ( still have ? ) 40 nukes backpacks. Their power is about 10/15 Kilotons. We had ( still have ? ) nukes landmines also.
Power 5 to 10 Kts.

posted on Nov, 14 2002 @ 08:51 PM
link   
So what??? Several EU countries have nuclear weapons.

[Edited on 15-11-2002 by psypher]

posted on Nov, 15 2002 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by psypher
So what??? Several EU countries have nuclear weapons.

What " so what " ??? I know that several EU nations have many nukes.It's not the problem. But for a little country like mine, that's a lot of nukes. And I didn't speak about our former Lance tactical missiles or our 500 Kts bombs mounted on our F-16.

Hey, it's great ! We can nuke Monaco or the Luxemburg.

posted on Nov, 15 2002 @ 03:09 PM
link   
A country's size has NOTHING to do with its military. Switzerland is a small country, yet they spend a greater percentage of their GDP on military funding than any other country in the world!!!!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join