It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alert Cabdriver Helps Capture Fugitive Couple From TN (moved from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   
A tip from an Alert cabdriver Mike Wagers lead to the capture of George and Jennifer Hyatte, wanted in connection with a deadly shoot out in Tennessee earlier this week. Wagner became suspicious of the couple when they said they were going to an Amway Convention, yet unlike normal Amway people they no longer wanted to talk about Amway. Wagers said he didn't make the connection with the killing until he returned to Kentucky and learned the couples van was found close to where he had picked the couple up. Once he made the connection Wager called police and informed him of his suspicions which in turn lead to the couples arrest in Columbus OH.

news.y ahoo.com
A tip from cabdriver Mike Wagers led police to George and Jennifer Hyatte, who were arrested without a struggle Wednesday night at a budget motel in Columbus, Ohio, authorities said.

Wagers said the pair told him they were headed to an Amway convention and that he became suspicious because they didn't act like Amway representatives.

"Amway people are all about Amway, and when they didn't try any conversation further about it, that's when I pretty much thought, 'Well, they're not with Amway; they're doing something else.'"

But, he told reporters, "they gave me no cause for suspicion other than the Amway thing didn't really stick."

Motel manager Kundan Desai said Wagers checked the couple in around lunchtime, paying cash for a three-night stay in a room that runs $52.99 a night.

Wagers said he didn't make the connection with the killing until he returned to Kentucky and a friend told him the fugitive couple's van had been found near where he had picked up his passengers.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The first thing that comes to mind is; what happened with the new courthouse security measures that were supposed to be put in place since the Atlanta Courthouse Shooting? The shooting never should have happened. So once again law enforcement agencies have failed us.

I do want to give the man a high five though, I doubt I ever would have made the connection as he did, but Wager should get some kid of medal for being so alert.

Related News Links:
www.allheadlinenews.com

[edit on 8/11/2005 by shots]

[edit on 8/11/2005 by shots]

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 11:04 AM
link   
It would appear the couple are now planing on fighting extradition once they learned they could get the death penalty.

Fugitiv e Couple Refuses Return to Tenn.

I assume they feel it was alright for them to take a life, but now that the shoe is on the other foot it is not right for the state to take their life

Cowards you did it; you need to pay the price.

new topics

join