It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steven Vincent killed because......He was going to marry a Muslim...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Well there we have it: An independant reporter fighting to expose corruption within Basra and possibly even help the Iraqi's was killed because of racist Muslims.

(Edit: I realized that not all of you are capable of reading "racist Muslims" as just SOME Muslims, not ALL Muslims. I just wanted to clarify to the short thinkers)

Read it here

"AN American journalist who was shot dead in Basra last week was executed by Shiite extremists who knew he was intending to marry his Muslim interpreter, it has emerged.
Steven Vincent was shot a week before the planned wedding to Nouriya Itais and had already delivered a $2,500 dowry to her family.

The disclosure casts new light on the grip of Islamic religious sects in the British-run south- east of Iraq - raising concern that they will take control once troops start to withdraw. Mr Vincent was abducted from his hotel three days after writing a piece in the New York Times accusing British officials of allowing religious parties to infiltrate the Basra police.

In America, his death was taken as retribution for his article. But in London yesterday, British officials pointed out that the police in Basra believed it was retribution for his affair..."

Being a person in an interacial marriage, I can certainly understand the hardships that can be part of it, but never would I have imagined I could be killed over it...

[edit on 11-8-2005 by skippytjc]

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 01:55 PM
link   

August 3, 2005

Albany - Police are searching for a man who held up a convenience store Tuesday night. The man robbed the A&D Store on Clark Avenue around 10:15PM. He pointed a handgun at the employees, stole money, and ran away.

He's described as a black man with a muscular build. He's about 6'2". If you have any information, contact the Albany Police Department.
WALB News

Well there you have it: someone robbed a convenience store in Albany, GA.

Both stories lead me to the conclusion that people can be real jerks sometimes.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by curme

Well there you have it: someone robbed a convenience store in Albany, GA.

Both stories lead me to the conclusion that people can be real jerks sometimes.

I understand your attempt at a point. But I dont think you quite made it.

It was believed that Steven Vincent was killed by terrorists that had infiltrated the police force that he outed in a article he wrote. Thus making this forum the appropriate home for this thread. By your logic: Those jerks!

But as it turns out, it was a racist hate crime. If you want to liken that to "Jerks" and undermine this mans life, then I guess thats your perogative. But I want to say its quite sad that you feel this mans death is so irrelivant that you can liken it to a simple robbery. Kids...

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
But as it turns out, it was a racist hate crime. If you want to liken that to "Jerks" and undermine this mans life, then I guess thats your perogative. But I want to say its quite sad that you feel this mans death is so irrelivant that you can liken it to a simple robbery. Kids...

Since when did you care about Muslims? You are one of many who believe Islam is a threat.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Islam a threat? Whatever gave you that idea?

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Look into my eyes, look into my eyes, my eyes, my eyes, NOT around my eyes.
*snap*
Your under.

When you awake you will believe that Muslims are everywhere and want nothing more than to kill you because they lust for blood and are jealous of freedom and any crime committed hence forth relates to a global Islamic conspiracy aimed directly at you, in fact your going to believe that Islam is responsable for all your problems hence forth and you will post anti-mulism threads everyday on message boards to prove it. Oh yeah and they dinted your car aswell.

And your awake.

top topics

join