It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woodward Predicts: Cheney "Highly Likely" to Run '08

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Herman
Speaking of insane and partisan politics....

Originally posted by RANT tell the Religious Right to go to hell.

Damn. I think a lot of people would vote for a Guiliani/McCain ticket. Actually, if the other choice was someone like Hillary, I'd bet my money that nearly all Republicans would vote for Guiliani/McCain over her.

You clearly don't understand my point or your professed party very well. However, I'm not going to bother beating you up for that or even educating you on the matter, since it'll be far more advantageous in the long run (for you) to experience the kind of Republican on Republican crime that comes when the RINO hunters get ahold of you. I'll let them set you straight on your party's actual platform, and why the RNC doesn't think the regional moderates they parade on TV are fit to hold national office.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Who knows if Cheney will live to 2008 with that heart of his

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by CatHerder
I really doubt that Chaney will run, he has expressed in the past that he has no desire to seek public office and didn't really want the VP post 5 years ago. A Giuliani-McCain, or McCain-Giuliani, ticket would win -- probably by a landslide, or a ~60% vote at worst.

By the end of a election campaign I dont think you would see such numbers, 60% at worst. It would be hard to accomplish regardless of the respect of these two men that are held on both sides of the aisle.

The Democrats don't have anyone moderate enough to bring the party back to where it belongs (democrats have gone way too far left and have alienated too many of their supporters) and they simply could not compete against that ticket (in either order).

That's rubbish. There are plenty of moderate democrats out there.

The Democrats have lost their way and a lot of respect taking the path they've chosen in the past 8 years. I know of quite a few staunch Democrat supporters who have been disenfranchised since the middle of the Clinton era. Historically, the Democrats have been moderates, only in the past 10 years have they swung so far left. I don't know if they'll be able to rejuvinate their party in 3 years, and I trule doubt they could compete against MaCain & Giuliani on the same ticket.

I disagree, I would say that the republican party is the one that has swung further right than the democrats have moved left. I have seen many former republicans move over to the democratic side because they believe that 'the republican party left me, I didnt leave them'.

The last democratic president, Clinton was a moderate and so is Hillary. I know of plenty of 'liberals' who totally disagree with the centrism of the clinton's and many of their policies. Name a liberal that likes the idea NAFTA and the now proposed CAFTA?? there would be few at most

The USA really needs a 3rd party to make things interesting and to give voters a real choice in setting national policy. The way Washington currently works, there are no real checks and balances with a 2 party system.

I agree. A 3rd party headed by Ralph Nader would be nice for the US

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Well I would vote for Cheney but it isnt going to happen.

As for Guiliani and McCain, I would not vote for them so I would 3rd party it and hand it to the democrats so they can claim the great economic boom riding Bush's tail just as Clinton rode Reagan's.

ANY pro-choice candidate will not get my vote,

Litmus test? You damn right.

But Cheney will not run as my soucres indicate, he is tired.

And just to rub salt on your womb Tulipwalkers, Cheney does as he is told, Bush runs the show no matter what crap you have heard.

BTW, just for you tulipwalkers - My avitar is BACK! I took it off after the elections, and I really didnt want to bring it back but what the hell, I am sick of the lies and crap, so LOOK at him!

[edit on 15-8-2005 by edsinger]

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
And just to rub salt on your womb Tulipwalkers...

Man, that's has to be the freudian slip of all time. Or like you're a literary savant genius. Yeah, one of those.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT

Originally posted by edsinger
And just to rub salt on your womb Tulipwalkers...

Man, that's has to be the freudian slip of all time. Or like you're a literary savant genius. Yeah, one of those.

Well actually that sounds better than the intended wound,

spell checkers can give some laughs for sure.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join