It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"secret" board

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I bought the access with 5000 points..

then 3 days later I lost access because it was a new month.

Isnt that kind of strange? Shouldnt it be setup to go 30 days from when you purchase it?

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Its 5000 points now??? When I bought it many a year ago it was 500 points! I don't know U2U a mod

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 07:21 AM
link   
That does seem grossly unfair and if that's policy it ought to be communicated clearly at the point of "purchase".

Get the issue on to the Gripe/Idea form and ask for a personal reply. (Put your name to it). You could post it or the person who manages the points access to RATS could post the solution here and the purchase process could be repaired.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Keep in mind, it's not another 5,000 every month. At some point (in any given month) the first initial plunge is required.

Then it's just maintenance fees. What is it after that 500 points from month two on? That's the most you "lost" (or technically 449 points worth of days), but that would require you have to intended surfing RATS non-stop 24/7 for 30 days to get that kind of "daily value" out of it.

And that's just not how it works.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I believe it is 250 points a month up keep of which I no longer pay, after reading about the wedding of one of our members in RATS. That forum has lost it's appeal for me.I will add though we have been discussing RATS in DISC to come up with some new ideas for that forum.
keep in mind there are plenty of interesting threads and topics in RATS.

[edit on 11/8/2005 by Sauron]

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 08:50 AM
link   
So the most you "lost" was

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 09:09 AM
link   
That's a good solution!

Why not celebrate with a round of applauses all round?

Rats. It doesn't work that way.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Can't blame you for trying though, hehe....

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Think of RATS as buying a condo so you can pay "common element fees" or perhaps as buying a mobile home and putting it in a trailer park and paying rent. Neither one makes a hell of a lot of sense to me, but many do it.

So, does this mean that because I once paid the "entrance fee" that I can put up the "maintenance fee" and tool around RATS for a month?

[edit on 2005/8/11 by GradyPhilpott]

d1k

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Agreed, it should be 30 days from the date of purchase. This has happened to me before as well, I pay the 250? points to read a story and a couple days later no more access because it's technically a new month.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
So, does this mean that because I once paid the "entrance fee" that I can put up the "maintenance fee" and tool around RATS for a month?

Yes.

And...

Originally posted by d1k
Agreed, it should be 30 days from the date of purchase. This has happened to me before as well, I pay the 250? points to read a story and a couple days later no more access because it's technically a new month.

Well you don't have to be a d1k about it.

I'm sure that way is possible with some effort, but is that really the most important thing Skeptic has to be working on right now?

Until that time, I'll tell you what the Metropolitan Atlanta Transit Authority would tell me everytime I got screwed on a month subway pass (also driven by date).

[They varied so choose your own CSR insult]

Tough.

Them's the breaks.

You should plan better.

Uh huh. So another pass then? That'll be $52.50.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I love it when RANT is in "no-nonsense mode".

Handwringers BEGONE!!
The power of RANT compels thee!

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   
why exactly is it so expensive? i mean, i understand a price, but 5000 points? come on. abd then a monthly fee?! its outrageous. not to mention the factor of threads being moved to RATS. i was in a thread about a certain member who is no longer with us, and it got moved to RATS, so i dont get to see it anymore. thats no fair.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Just be smart enough to buy it on the first of the month like I do?

...it's really not that hard.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 07:09 PM
link   
That sucks

I dont really bother with it... dont post enough anymore to get the points... oops

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 03:23 AM
link   
What could possibly go on in the "secret forum" that doesn't already go on out here?

I don't really care about points, which is why I have so few after being here so long. But I'd be interested to know what the secret forum is about without having to join the frat house.

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
That's the most you "lost" (or technically 449 points worth of days), but that would require you have to intended surfing RATS non-stop 24/7 for 30 days to get that kind of "daily value" out of it.

Hehe... RATS.

Sorry for off topic =)

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 09:33 PM
link   
DOH!

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Really... is it worth spending all those points?

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 12:22 PM
link   
noise, was there something else to spend the points on? To most people points are not that valuable. I can't buy lunch with ATS points so I may as well spend them on things I can buy.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join