It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My little brother finally got his settlement!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 01:53 AM
link   
As some of you know... A year ago on May 10, my little brother was hit by a Dodge truck. One of them huge ones with the hug grill and everything. Anyways, he shattered both legs and ankles, and his right foot was completely severed and was only hanging on by his achilles tendon. Now all this happened when the lady was supposedly going 10 MPH. Highly unlikely.

Anwayz, GMH are who run housing on base. They had an illegally parked truck on the side of the road, and the lady that hit my brother zoomed around it and struck my brother who had been crossing the street. YES, he did look both ways. After she hit him didn't even check to see if he was ok... she just screamed obsceneties at him. Luckily, our neighbor was a medic in the army and saved his foot. The MP's, who never do ANYTHING right botched the whole investigation. So my brothers lawyer worked on 3 lawsuits for us. 1 against GMH, 1 against the ladies insurance company, and 1 against the MP station on Ft. carson. So far my brother has gotten 2 $50,000 settlements from the cases. One is still pending.

Anwayz, he was supposed to be in a wheelchair for a year or more, and he was extremely lucky to even have his foot. Strangely enough, after 8 months of being bed-ridden the whole summer, he was running around at the park with no difficulty. Completely dumbfounded the doctors. Then he would have pain every now and then, but right now, you wouldn't be able to tell he had been hitten unless you looked at the scars. I have pics too if anyone would like to see the extremity of the accident. Anyways... I just wanted to let everyone know that he finally has gotten some payback for what happened. Not sure how many would actually remember this or not, but oh well.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Aww good stuff and great to know he is doing heeps better,

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Great news, and I would be sure to save or invest that settlement money for collage

/btw I missed the first annoucment.. how old is he?

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Thanks guys... he's 9 now. he was 8 at the time. I think only a few saw the initial post last May. Just felt like updating it for those that did.

top topics

join