It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does my thinking get fuzzy sometimes?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Am I having a hard time trying to formulate my thoughts. I'll try to make this short and sweet. What are some possible causes as to why my thinking can get quite fuzzy, hard to concentrate, headaches, and even tiredness. Tiredness happens especially when I'm reading theories online even in the middle of the day. When I try to speak, sometimes I flip words such as saying I'll put the pizza on the pepproni.

This can happen wether or not I have had enough sleep. There is a part of me that is not sure I want to know the answer. Yet I do want to know.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 12:51 AM
link   
maybe, like me, you've got a 56K modem and tried to download a 60+ megabyte video exposing freemason tomfoolery and corruption, only to have the download terminate at 93 percent and be told by your download accelerator that the host "did not exist"

happens all the time.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Well hmmm....

I don't think your cursed or something.

I remember in one of my Psychology classes about something like this. It's not dyslexia but kind of in the same family...you know the same picture.

Perhaps ask your doctor?

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 01:26 AM
link   
What are you thinking about when it happens? Is there any pattern to it?

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mystery_Lady
Am I having a hard time trying to formulate my thoughts. I'll try to make this short and sweet. What are some possible causes as to why my thinking can get quite fuzzy, hard to concentrate, headaches, and even tiredness. Tiredness happens especially when I'm reading theories online even in the middle of the day. When I try to speak, sometimes I flip words such as saying I'll put the pizza on the pepproni.

This can happen wether or not I have had enough sleep. There is a part of me that is not sure I want to know the answer. Yet I do want to know.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

this is not paranormal at all, ask your doctor.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I'd bet this happens to everyone, everywhere, at some point in their lives.

It's just..well, normal.

Are you hydrated enough? Getting exercise? Eating well? Problems in any of these can lead to general feelings of The Fuzzies, as can the wrong type mattress, allergies (particularly if you're not aware that your mattress needs a new cover or something), etc.

I wouldn't be worried too much...if you are concerned though, go and get a checkup to rule out anything more troublesome.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Although I don't think this really belongs in this forum, I will however speculate. You mentioned headaches. Are you getting headaches with the fuzziness? Has this been something you have had all of your life or pretty recently?
I would go to the doctor and get checked if it's more recent as there are a number of things that could cause this such as more stress in your life just have too many balls in the air, depression can cause these symptoms and it doesn't have to be major depression either. Many people suffer depression and aren't even aware of it but it will come out through different signs and symptoms.

Give this link a try and perhaps you can determine through the list of symptoms what it may be.

www.wrongdiagnosis.com...

It's a very comprehensive site and you should be able to pin down what might be causing this. Good Luck to you

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Are you on any medication? Are you taking any cholesterol lowering Statin drugs(Lipitor, Mevacor, Zocor etc)? Lipitor has known to cause some adverse effects inlcuding fuzziness, forgetfullness, fatigue, and some minor joint pains. My mom was on lipitor and I felt that she was complaining more while on the drug

How long has it been since this fuziness started? Also, another thing that comes to mind is a vitamin deficiency. Probably need to get some B-Complex in you.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 08:29 AM
link   
You may just get tired. Most people have trouble thinking straight when they get tired.

Flipping words may be a sign of dyslexia

Trouble concentrating may be something like attention deficit.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Any changes in what you consider your normal routine will have knock-on effects. Change your diet, you'll feel less/more energetic; change your sleeping arrangements, you might become listless during the day; reduce exercise, concentration might suffer; quit smoking (or similar) and everybody better stand back.

However, isn't it more fun to think that someone's playing with your mind? Perhaps they're filling your house with ultrasonics that are shaking up your atoms and profucing this effect. Or is it all connected with the implant they must have put in you that night you went out for a drink and came back at four in the morning with a huge, blank, empty period of actual Missing Time?

Nah. Probably your diet, then. Lay off the pizza for a while. Eat some veggies.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 11:58 AM
link   
not seeing the paranormal connection here, so I'm moving this to Chit Chat.

Mysterylady, it happens to all of us, have you ever been tested for ADD or dyslexia? Is this problem something you have always experienced or did it only start recently?

I like to describe myself as having a touch of adult ADD and dyslexia, because i have my fuzzy moments too. I start writing and forget entire words, i tend to scramble my letters up when writing simple words, (proof reading is invaluable
) flip words around, etc. Sometimes my deficiencies seem more pronounced or worse when I am stressed, angry or emotional. But it doesn't bother me much, I'm usually able to overcome my deficiencies by laughing at myself.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 12:16 PM
link   
victor was right - Nah, I just got an excellerator, so I don't have that problem any longer

Binx - There was a time I thought I was cursed. If I was, maybe it is lifting, since some good things are actually starting to happen in my life. You might be on to something with the dyslexia, since I have a habbit of transposing letters every once in awhile.

Street Scholar - the fuzzyness and flipping words in a sentence started during my pregnancies, and never stopped. It is not frequent, but frequent enough that my husband gets a kick out of it every time I do it.

Tinkleflower - I already know I need a new bed, since mine is broken in the middle. A new one is on the agenda as soon as we can financially buy one. I have been working on the hydration, execrise, and eating better, at least trying.

DDay - I'll be checking out the website you gave me. Your probablly right that I should have put this in the BTS somewhere. I blame it on my fuzzy thinking at the time.

I_s_i_s - No I'm not taking any meds. I'm not sure how long for the fuzziness, but the headaches are more recent this past year. I have lived here for about 4 years.

Yarcofin - Maybe, can a person be in a constant state of tiredness when they have don't have the most restful sleep?

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Either too much coffee, or not enough? Seriously fuzzy thinking can be connected to lack of nutrients within your blood stream, if your not getting your greens which is a high source for nutrients, and cellular repair and white blood cell repair, that could be because you have an excess of acidity in your system from fried #ty foods. Chips, starchy foods like corn and potato's..

I believe this is connected to the alkalinity within your blood stream.

Food can always be connected to these types of things because it was sustains you. If you aren't getting the nutrients you are going to feel headaches, and 'fuzziness' , lethargy, and tiredness.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Lack of "good" sleep is a major contributor to depression, feeling run down, and generally feeling like crap, including constant tiredness.

Been there and done that, unfortunately; it cost me $1100, but the mattress I own now has provided me with the best sleep I've had in years (alas, I lost custody of the mega-expensive 24 inch foam mattress in the divorce, but hey. I can live with that....).

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I wonder if "fuzzy" thinking is
where the term "hair brained" came from?

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 08:23 PM
link   
You've come to the wrong place. Seek medical attention.

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
I wonder if "fuzzy" thinking is
where the term "hair brained" came from?

It's harebrained.

www.m-w.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 02:45 PM
link   
ok then...harebrained..

Hares are fuzzy too, are they not?

I stand by my question, just respell the word and
answer it..LOL

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   
You said a lot of it happens when you are reading theories and stuff like that for a while. Sounds like overload to me. I go through that a lot (I always quote Kelly Bundy "I'm Full"). When you are reading the intense materials, absorbing new information, take a few extra breaks.

But really, when I aborb a lot of new information, the brain is running a thousand miles an hour on what I have just learned and not really focused on what I am saying. Sorta the mouth running independent of the mind. I like to distinguish between physical tired and mental tired. And it seems more mental tired than physical tired.

Also, if most of it is on line, how about a vision exam? And/or a glare screen? Oh, and the mattress, if you can't afford a new one, an egg-crate overlay can help to aliviate the worst of it. And is relatively inexpensive.

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ariande Tau
You said a lot of it happens when you are reading theories and stuff like that for a while. Sounds like overload to me. I go through that a lot (I always quote Kelly Bundy "I'm Full"). When you are reading the intense materials, absorbing new information, take a few extra breaks.

But really, when I aborb a lot of new information, the brain is running a thousand miles an hour on what I have just learned and not really focused on what I am saying. Sorta the mouth running independent of the mind. I like to distinguish between physical tired and mental tired. And it seems more mental tired than physical tired.

Also, if most of it is on line, how about a vision exam? And/or a glare screen? Oh, and the mattress, if you can't afford a new one, an egg-crate overlay can help to aliviate the worst of it. And is relatively inexpensive.

I believe you are right about information overload. I haven't been reading the heavy material online for awhile, and the have seemed to gone away. I have also started to take vitamins. I have been more in the BTS the past few days.

As far as my vision goes, I just got new glasses. I do have a bad stigmatisim in my right eye, and nothing can really be done about it. I can't play the viedo games where the entire screen moves around showing different angles. I can watch smaller animations such as moving icons, or watching my Sims in Sim 1 move around. The stigmatisim is so bad, that I can not wear contacts.

GradyPhilpott - You've come to the wrong place. Seek medical attention.

It's not quite that easy. You're talking to someone who had a pair of glasses for 7 years, and only recieved a new pair because a realitive bought them for me as a Christmas gift. If I had the money, I would be high tailing it to the dentist, since some of my teeth have started to hurt. It doesn't look like I'll be going any time soon though.

As far as the doctor's, I still have one emergancy visit that I still have to pay for from last year, because of some chest pains that didn't turn out to be much at all. Unless you want to fork the medical bill, I won't be able to see a doctor any time soon.

It would still be a long time even if I didn't have to pay for my cheap internet connection. My computer isn't worth selling with only 8 gig of hard drive space that was bought about 6 years ago.

The doc would probablly tell me just to take some asprin and go home. That is what they told me to do when I had the pain in my chest. :bnghd: It was a non-threatening woman's medical condition. The pain wasen't in the chest, even though it felt like it was. A huge medical bill just to be told go home and take some advil. Oh, and you can take up to 800mg = 4 of them.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join