It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best digital camera for taking pictures of the stars?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Hey, Off the Street...Do you have any astro photos you could post?
I'd like to exchange a little info with you if possible..

BTW..For the rest of the Perseid Meteor shower, I will be at about 10,000 feet in elevation, in a high desert region of the country.. Miles, and miles away, from any city lights...Perfect conditions for doing just what this thread is all about...

I'll share what I capture, when I get back...

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Off_The_Street
I have a Nikon 990 which is a 3.3 Mp camera, and, with the fisheye attachment, I can shoot the entire 180 degree night sky. But it's going to be difficult to get just stars, since themaximum shutter speed is 8 seconds.

True, but you can take ten + 8 second photos and then stack them in photoshop to get a final photo.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I have narrowed it down after reading thru quite a few evaluations of digital camers. I am going to go with the sony DSC-H1 very nice camera. And for the astronomy I will *ugh* go with a basic camera with 1000 speed film. Thanks for the help.

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 07:22 PM
link   
A 22MP Hasselblad H1D camera with a Carl Zeiss vario sonnar lens. It will probably cost you your liver but it is the best there is

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   
i am also interested in photography.How capable is the following camera at shooting the stars.

www.jvc.com...

if anyone has one i would like some input.

<< 1   >>

join