It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ESP People Enter

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I am involved in an organisation that helps people develop or start to develop telepathy telekinesis etc and if any of you out there are gifted then say so in here.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 05:42 PM
link   
*places fingertips on temples and concentrates*

Nope, I wish I had ESP, god knows I've tried. I'm not sure I'm convinced it exists. I'll believe it when I see it and I'm definitely into the idea, but as yet, I've seen nothing to convince me there's any truth to it.

If somebody out there does have ESP, then (to quote month python) "You lucky, lucky bastard".

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Do you believe that it exists.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 05:52 PM
link   
i belive it exsists..

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 05:56 PM
link   
If you have that feeling that has been in your mind that it is possible then it can be for you.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 05:57 PM
link   
can you tell me the difference between empathy and telepathy?

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 05:59 PM
link   
well if i shut my eyes, and wait for a while i can see shapes, like hooded figures and buildings and stuff, tunnels, darkness, generic alien grays, weird lights..

i saw a ufo the other night.....

i see lights sometimes, (i think thats low or high blood pressure though)

im really curious about oujia boards, never tryed one though...

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I don't disbelieve, I just have no proof and no scientific journal I subscribe to has ever contained anything I would consider proof. I've never met anyone who can show me the slightest hint of anything paranormal when asked (apologies if ESP'ers find 'paranormal' offensive).

What would be a sign that one has ESP powers or the makings of ESP?

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by kukla

i dont know about this but isnt, empaty showing compassion for fellow humans, and telepathy is reading humans minds..

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Im sorry i might not be able to give the exact dictionary definition here lol but empathy is being able to feel other people emotions yes i know i was like that at first but sometimes you dont need any scientific proof or anyways opions to know and belive in something.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 06:26 PM
link   
What exactly are you looking for?

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Blade Runner

i dont know about this but isnt, empaty showing compassion for fellow humans, and telepathy is reading humans minds..

compassion is an act that would have to be proceeded by the reading of the mind.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Well its the distinction between the two that really bothers me. I consider myself an empathic person. If I observe a social situation for a minute or so, I've got pretty good beat on how everyone is feeling. If it is a situation with closer friends, I can usually predict their next move. But nobody speaks to me... mentally, or a manner that I think of as telepathic.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Well its the distinction between the two that really bothers me. I consider myself an empathic person. If I observe a social situation for a minute or so, I've got pretty good beat on how everyone is feeling. If it is a situation with closer friends, I can usually predict their next move. But nobody speaks to me... mentally, or a manner that I think of as telepathic.

***What you discribe above is part of being a feeling human, part of observance and very normal. I think, unless you are a man, it is all but a given. OH! Did I say that out loud???!!!
LOL - Honestly though, women are naturaly more sensative to those things.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by AngelaLadyS

***What you discribe above is part of being a feeling human, part of observance and very normal. I think, unless you are a man, it is all but a given. OH! Did I say that out loud???!!!
LOL - Honestly though, women are naturaly more sensative to those things.

I would agree that women are more sensitive, but I think I may have strayed from my point in my last post. I was hoping to infer that we all have an inherent ability to communicate in methods we would consider "non-conventional". And in your case Angela, I would say that inherent ability is amplified many times over.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I was hoping to infer that we all have an inherent ability to communicate in methods we would consider "non-conventional".

**I agree 100%. But as technology grew, we evolved out of our natural state and out of our abilities that were no longer needed.
(Just to be clear - I believe we evolve, I do NOT believe in the theory of evolution.)

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 08:07 PM
link   
**I agree 100%. But as technology grew, we evolved out of our natural state and out of our abilities that were no longer needed.

I concur. Have you had this conversation with your friends?

(Just to be clear - I believe we evolve, I do NOT believe in the theory of evolution.)

So Darwin has it right, but something else started all this?

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 01:00 AM
link   

I concur. Have you had this conversation with your friends?

-----no, I never questioned it so never thought to ask for help clearing it up. Too many things I don't understand as it is - I don't want to make anything I think I've got a grasp on more complicated.

***(Just to be clear - I believe we evolve, I do NOT believe in the theory of evolution.)

So Darwin has it right, but something else started all this?

----My personal belief is that the Bible is truth. Darwin I equate with the same guy who said the world was flat. But that all species evolve over time (skin darken because of environment, body parts that were once needed fading - i.e.the surface of the teeth and the use for the pancrias ect.)
Hmmm - now I have a thought. My pancrias it almost twice the size it should be. My back teeth have more (i forget what the dentist call that - the chewing surface has more 'dents' in it. My bladder about a 1/3 of the size it should be. My spine is basicaly upside down - the top is strait and the bottom curved giving me that curve at the bace of my lower back. All things that may or may not be true to long ago people - maybe the peoples who still used these instinks? Just a thought.

I was wondering today also - almost posted a thread on it actualy....I wondered how many people noticed this or if it was just me, or mainy people like myself ect...
Some differences I see between myself and otheres (all non-ablity stuffs):

-Higher level of emotion control.
(and when sadness is there music/writing/drawing ect are very much enhanced)
-very high pain tollarance, also very high tollarance to mood altering things.
-the quality of dreams (collor/smell/remembering)
-physcial control (blood pressure/heart rate/pain level ect)
-early memories - I remember alot from what my parents say are my first few years.
-most medical problems fall into a 'unable to test for it' catagory. Cronic fatigue, fibromyolgia, copral tunnle syndrom, insomnia (all of which has been 'fixed' now by getting rid of the doctors and geting back into health)

'nough of that - thought I'd ask for your thoughts.

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I believe in ESP, but I've tried annd failed. I started with www.psipog.net... but I didn't feel it working to well, although I did make a semi-psiball

I was just wondering if you had a a better starting point to enter the realm of ESP other than Psipog.

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 10:05 AM
link   

I've never met anyone who can show me the slightest hint of anything paranormal when asked (apologies if ESP'ers find 'paranormal' offensive).

Not offended at all..it is definitely not "normal", so "paranormal" fits... I could show you some stuff...nothing grandiose...but it was enough to convince me....

I was glad to see (a couple years ago), a "condition" I have sort of validated. SLIDER (Street Light Interference Data Exchange Receiver). It's basically a condition that interferes with electronics (specifically certain kinds of street lights), when in a highly emotional state, or concentrating. In other words, I can make certain street lights go on and off at will....(so it isn't a timer issue, etc.) I'm hardly alone in this. Many people eventually notice they have this....as it starts to go beyond coincidence. Then, one day, they decide to actually see if they can do it at will...and after a few times, can do so quite well....

Earlier than that though, I noticed other things I could do, mostly only on things that were already in motion... Things like compass needles, watch hands, the chain hanging from the ceiling fan, etc. Don't believe Yoda on the "size matters not thing"... So far, I haven't been able to move objects much heavier than matchsticks and pennies, and then only a VERY short (but measurable distance)...and only after a lot of concentration. Pyrokinesis may hold more promise for me... I've been able to singe the edge of a piece of paper, but only after a long time, and not during every session...

So, nothing Earth shattering, or what I'd call hard proof yet, but enough to prove to me that there is definitely something to this thing, and that we are capable of more than we think.... I just wish I had more time that I could simply just concentrate for an hour on something to make it move a half centimeter, hehe....but I don't.

Sure, you may think I'm just sitting here, typing on this forum, but actually, I'm at work...and often, on the phone while typing.....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join