It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many forum members does it take to change a lightbulb?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 07:51 PM
link   
lol im sure this may have been posted before but not sure,

but this does make me giggle

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How many forum members does it take to change a lightbulb?

1 to change the light bulb

1 to post that the light bulb has been changed

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs

27 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs

53 to flame the spell checkers

6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb"

.. another 6 to condemn those 6 as anal-retentive

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"

15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct

156 to email the participant's ISPs complaining that they are in violation of their "acceptable use policy"

109 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum

203 to demand that cross posting to hardware forum, off-topic forum, and lightbulb forum about changing light bulbs be stopped

111 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum

306 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty

27 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs

14 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's

3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group

33 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"

6 that flame them for not using the Search feature

12 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy

19 to quote the "Me too's" to say "Me three"

4 to suggest that posters request the light bulb FAQ

44 to ask what is a "FAQ"

4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

143 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"

16 posts of two forum members that are exclusively talking to each other only about lightbulbs and what they did that weekend

24 posts of telling them to take it to PM's

1 moderator that comes in and says something about doing it wrong and that everyone who disagrees gets a warning

1 new forum member to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 08:18 PM
link   
It's funny because it's true. Well that's how ATS works.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 08:35 PM
link   
HA!

I completely agree GoldEagle; I could picture many threads that just about fit perfectly. Where'd you get that from asala? I'm sure it wasn't, but it sounds like it was written specifically for ATS...

Too funny...

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Where'd you get that from asala?

It was one of the email FW's ytou get from your mates lol... just thought it would be funny to post it as i could imagin this on here lol

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 12:20 PM
link   
that made me laff so much i got a headache....

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 02:18 PM
link   

very funny

and very true

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 03:49 PM
link   
No no no...

It only takes one to replace the bulb and then one person to say good job and then another to quote both of them and say good job again. After two or three more saying good job and quoting each other somone comes in and says that didn't need changing and that everyone should be quite about it.

A few days later another person comes in and says good job and flame ther person who said that it didn't need to be told. Then a flame war starts between the person who said it didn't need to be told and three others who said it needed to be said, and then two more join in on each side.

A mod comes in and tells everyone to chill or they'll get warnings.

Another comes in saying that the light that was changed sucks and that another type is better. Two people argue against that one for a while until the mod returns and warns one or two people who wouldn't quit flamming.

After that cools down someone says the like Vegas's lights and that starts another flame war over whether gambaling is bad or not. The mod returns one last time and closes the thread due to it being off of topic after trying to get it back on topic a few times.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Oops...

Double post...

[edit on 8/15/2005 by hatchedcross]

new topics

top topics

join