It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what is the worlds best gun.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   
You can't really talk about the 'best gun' since you have different things to think about.
Someone wrote down some things on the first page, like you have to think of
weathercondition, distance, close combat etc etc

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 01:30 PM
link   
jonesey_dude, I said AK-47 too, I like the AKM variant of the good old AK, a modernized version, still pretty damn cheap though.

I also love the G-36, but can't stand the 5.56mm round, I like rounds with a little more bulk than a .22lr on sterroids.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I think the best assult rifle is the M4, it's like the M16 but is automatic and flexable.

My favorite hand gun is the Glock, SWAT teams and Police use them. They have been proven to be quite effective. Unfortunatly they are also used for illegal purposes by street gangs, due to there avalibility on the black market.

[edit on 9/1/2005 by GoldEagle]

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   
how comes the most powerfull weapons reach the street gangs?
I guess it goes through black market but is there no kind of control
on that kind of stuff? Or are those thing allowed to be sold on black markets?

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikem2939
that gun is small potatoes compared to this its my all time favorite sniper/anti-material. : world.guns.ru...

Well this one is nice too: www.geocities.com...

Might be a bit less effective but not allot as it shoots the same bullet.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 10:57 PM
link   
personally i think the WA2000 sniper rifle is a highly effective weapon. it has a bulpop design which also makes it easy to move around with and keep a stealthy profile.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Most widespread, versitile and reliable? Ak-47 and its 10,000 or so variants. Definatley the most sucessful.

What'd I take into the field if I had a chocie of anything? Hard to say. G-3 or SA-80 probably. SA-80 A2 (A1? You'd be better off grabbinga nearby rock.) has the Susat.

Or maybe, I know little of it, but a Chinese Type-81. Imroved AK-47, More reiable and accurate but less recoil heavy. Anyone seen/played with one?
www.sinodefence.com...

Best is a hard category. Most kills? Most sucessful? Most produced? Mosy veratile or accurate? AK-47 definately isn't accurate.

The SKS is a beast though. I want one. Or an old Bristish SLR.

[edit on 4-9-2005 by Teh_Gerbil]

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Faeryland
I would have to say the kind that doesn't kill (especially children). Guns are just bad. Guns kill, (usually it is an accident).

Faeryland

If guns are responsible for killing people, spoons are responsible for making Rosie O'donnell fat...

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by CyberSEAL

I would have to say the kind that doesn't kill (especially children). Guns are just bad. Guns kill, (usually it is an accident).

Faeryland

If guns are responsible for killing people, spoons are responsible for making Rosie O'donnell fat...

Lol!!! Besides that, guns do NOT kill, it are the people that handle them. Of course
its a shame a gun can't see the difference between a criminal or an
innocent child. That way it would've been allot safer, but I guess that will
always be a dream that will never be realised.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Ak-47. Rugged, extremely reliable, acceptable accuracy, good range, and cheap enough to be bought in droves by third-world countries.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by funny_pom
personally i think the WA2000 sniper rifle is a highly effective weapon. it has a bulpop design which also makes it easy to move around with and keep a stealthy profile.

the WA2000 is also designed so the recoil pushes the gun back, not up, increasing accuracy(the scope won't move off target).

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Weapons have evolved and become more deadly then ever.

Sate of the art Anti-Terrorist machine guns.
CORNER SHOT

this weapon contains very high tech system enabling the gunner to have full controll on his victem.
Following Feartures

Detachable, quick connecting color video camera
Color video monitor with visible fixed crosshairs
Monitor hood and sleeve
Video out socket
Tactical light source and beam shaper
Quick-change battery housing
Upper universal accessory rail
Folding stock
Dust-tight and protected against water jets
Complete with tactical soft carry case, user's manual and a set of maintenance and cleaning tools

This weapon is available and it is now in use so scifi stuff comes out after all, currently this weapon has been sold only with in USA terror squad, but I think it is going to expand its exports to the near future.

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   
The british have thier own version of this in a RIFLE and PISTOL....

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 02:23 AM
link   
what about the 30-30

this gun works no matter what
originaly designed to kill indians or something i think

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 02:55 AM
link   
The 30-30 sometimes known as the 30 WCF is a medium range hunting cartridge and found coast to coast here in America and even used in some European rifles. Made popular in lever action rifles but also found in bolt actions and even some pumps, it is a 100 to 200 yard cartridge. 200 yards would be pushing its usefulness.
If memory recalls correctly this is one of the cartridges which made the leap from black powder to modern gunpowders indicating its actual age.
While never a contender for military usage it is definitely a contender in certain areas of the the nation for hunting and sporting usages. Many cartridges useful and popular for hunting are not suited for military use.
In spite of the touting of newer and more powerful hunting cartridges the 30-30 continues its popularity undiminished.
Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by CyberSEAL

Faeryland

Haha, I saw a picture of a tshirt that said that.

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 03:27 AM
link   
i looked for some thing like that info orangetom, but coulnt find it.

i must ask have you ever used one youe self?

i have and it put a round clean through a car from at least 100 metres

there was no engine, but one bullet travelled at least half the lenght of the chrome bumper, spliting it in 2
these car was a 1950-something ford , i might add, it isnt built lightly

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 03:30 AM
link   
sorry orangetom i realise you didnt bring it down at all

but im sure it is effective more than 200 yards

prehaps not as accuate

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 01:56 AM
link   
The best gun is the one the user is most used to and also proficient at. This also depends on the job to be done and the time/location/conditions it's to be performed in. For me if i was going to any job, for all round effectiveness I’d go Sig 226 and a SA80A2 (personal choice weapons). If i needed anything else it would be other operators to assist, not more weapons.

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Teh_Gerbil
The SKS is a beast though. I want one.

I have a Yugoslavian SKS that lives by the bed. It's my junker gun, they are on sale here right now for $89 each used (that's what 50 quid) or $169 new and unfired.

I lopped off the grenade launcher because the barrel is way too long (still comfortably above the 16 inch minimum), removed the bayonet and lug, and removed the night sights to remain 922(r) compliant, re-crowned the muzzle and re-blued it (very easy to do) and take it out into the desert to blast away at various assorted objects.

With Wolf 7.62x39 ammo at $1.39 a box, it's very, very cheap fun. The gun shoots like a total puppy, very low recoil.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join