It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what is the worlds best gun.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   
it can be a sniper or hangun or rifle it dosent matter just choose ur fav and tell y.

[edit on 07/29/2005 by Karl Toussaint]

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Probably a g36. Reliable german engineering for an accurate, versatile and reliable gun. Maybe a g3 for longer range, but they are both good.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   
My DeWalt D51823, 100psi nailgun. That baby is the best at punching steel through any amount of pressure treated wood or even concrete.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Worlds best is meaning less. The best gun for one application, is not the best for another.

Price?
Caliber?
Blued or Stainless?
Wood or Polymer stock?
Full/Semi/Bolt action?
Military or Police?
Competition or Work?
Hunting or paper targets?
Scopes or open sights?
Combat or Civilian use?
Paper or Plastic

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I wouldn't want anyone to point this thing at me !
The OICW

www.secretweapon.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 04:38 PM
link   
If I'm not mistaken didn't the Army scrap the OICW?

I would just love to have a M16 a 10x scope , with a silencer, and bipod. Loving it

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   
When i was serving in the British forces we toured Northern Ireland a few times and there was a rumour the IRA had a 50 cal sniper that weighed 25 pounds. Highly unbelievable until i saw one with my own eyes and had the chance to fire one. The ROBAR 50 CAL.

www.50bmgstore.com...

I tried to get a picture of it with someone holding it so you get an idea of the size. Its an absolute monster. (29 inch barrel)

[edit on 10-8-2005 by thesaint]

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 07:02 PM
link   
that gun is small potatoes compared to this its my all time favorite sniper/anti-material. : world.guns.ru...

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 07:18 PM
link   
i would say for hunting porpouses (yes i know it's spelled wrong) the remington model 742 30-06 ive had many a successful hunt with my own rifle of the same type

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Army
My DeWalt D51823, 100psi nailgun. That baby is the best at punching steel through any amount of pressure treated wood or even concrete.

Ever tried one of these...

Great at putting steel into concrete or steel and its semi auto to boot.

[edit on 10/8/05 by Skibum]

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 07:51 PM
link   
The best gun is the one you can use properly, the one that works as it's supposed to, the one you can afford, and the one you have on you when you need it. With that being said...

My personal favorite is the Springfield M6 Scout .22/.410. It's the perfect survival weapon, it's practically indestructable, very reliable (simple mechanism, sublime fire selection system), easy to maintain, uses a very common ammunition (.22 or .410 shotshells), and it's perfectly accurate at reasonable ranges. You probably won't win gold medals with the thing, but if you can aim, it can kill.

It's also light, which makes it great for hoofin' it, and it has a built in ammo store, for both types, which means the ammo's always right where you need it: with the gun.

It's a fine gun, and at under $200, you can't beat it with a stick.

I also like the Commanche .410 shot-pistol. Makes a great sidearm if you're packing the Scout, the ammo is interchangeable, and even a charging Grizzly (if you're lucky enough to see one) will think twice about eating you for dinner after you give it a face-full of steel shot at close range.

I hear it can be difficult to see things, and thus eat them, once your eyeballs have been replaced with shot.

[edit on 10-8-2005 by WyrdeOne]

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 10:26 AM
link   
My favourite is the SA80 A2. I used the SA80 when I was in cadets (or rather the bolt action version) and found it to be comfortable to shoot and accurate. I love the bullpup layout on it as well as the locations of the controls. I jammed it once, (but that was my own fault, I tried to feed the bolt forward rather than letting it move forward under its own power, silly mistake!). I know there have been problems in the Army but those have now been sorted. Good old German Engineering or is it British since BAE Systems now own Heckler and Kock? (just kidding, don't mean to wind up any Germans out there!) Remember even the much loved M-16 had its teething problems.

There is something about the look of the weapon I like as well. When you see the army using it on parade it just looks great. And with the new grenade launcher attached it looks hard as nails!

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 10:29 AM
link   
not sure if it has been invented yet, but one that fires at the person firing it would be a good practical joke.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 10:44 AM
link   
i like this gun..

news.bbc.co.uk...

and if they could get this ammo..

gadgets.engadget.com...

that would be the ultimate weapon..IMO

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Possibly, the best made rifle in history is the SKS (Siminov Semiautomatic Carbine), with the Yugoslavian version at the top of the SKS list.

The SKS has been used in more confilcts than any other rifle ever produced.

First fact: When the VC were ready to charge a position, they would all flip out their bayonets. It was like a chain reaction or signal that would ripple through the jungle like a wave effect. You know that distinct KER-chunk when you quickly lock the bayonet in the forward position? Imagine the sound of twenty to fifty bayonets getting extended unseen all around you. Mike said that even the toughest Marine would swallow hard when he heard that sound. I wouldn't doubt it for a second as the very thought gives me chills...

Somalia

While the AK-47 improved on the SKS design, the SKS is still extremely inexpensive to produce (eastern bloc Communist military doctrine inclined towards throwing lots of expendable soldiers and weapons at the enemy, overwhelming with sheer numbers rather than quality) and yet reasonably accurate under battlefield conditions. The SKS is about half as accurate as an M-16, but costs about 1/10 as much to produce. It's still plenty accurate to stop a person (or deer, or mountain lion) at 200 yards (the standard battlefield "zero" distance").

Specifications:
Weapon nomenclature - Samozariadnyia Karabina Simonova (SKS)
System of operation - Gas, Semi-automatic fire only
Bolt type - one-piece, tipping, rear-cocking
Weight (loaded) - 8.8 lbs.
Length, barrel - 20.34 inches
Length, overall - 40.16 inches
Feed device - 10-round, fixed, staggered double-row box magazine
Sights, front - Hooded post
Sights, rear - Tangent leaf, graduated from 100 to 1000 meters
Cartridge - 7.62 x 39 Soviet M43 (Type PS ball)
Muzzle velocity - 2411 fps
Bullet weight - 122 gr.
Working pressure - 45,000 psi
Bore diameter - .301 inches
Groove diameter - .311 inches
Direction & rate of rifling twist - Right, 1 turn in 9.45 inches

SKS Specs

I own a Yugo SKS, and it is one of the most solid weapons I hasve ever fired. It is durable, reliable, and has the man-stopping power for a good carbine.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 03:13 PM
link   
My favorite will always be the AKM, the modernized AK-47, it's too bad it's so popular with thugs, gangs and terrorist, but it's also the gun which the Galil is based on, a wonderful weapon in it's own right, the AK was one of the first Assault Rifle only being preceded by the Stg44 which had some similarities to the AK-47 such as a 7.92x33mm compared to the 7.62x39mm, the rifles look similar too, that's my personal observation.

The AK is a good looking weapon, it's simple, reliable and durable and one of the most mass-produced weapon.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I'm really into shotguns

Heres the street sweeper.

Heres my personal favourate, the SPAS-12. I own an airsoft version.

I'm also a lover of flintlock weaponary. Especially the blunderbuss!

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Spreadthetruth.

Is is just me or is that Mac10/Mac11 machine pistol (Not sure which) actually attached to the shotgun? My God thats a killing machine if thats the case

That pistol can fire around 1000 rpm, coupled with a hich capacity drum on a semi auto shotgun, thats a lot of destruction. I think even the Terminator would struggle to stand up to that!

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 08:26 AM
link   
You are correct. It is indeed an Ingram Mac11 machine pistol attatched to the barrel

It also doubles up as a foregrip too

It is indeed a mighty gun!

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I'm suprised I never saw that in Hollywood lol...

both are pretty much spray and pray weapons though....

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join