It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oil Business Buying natural gas???????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Yes you heard it right.

I used to live in the Minnisota area for almost 3 years and I have been keeping track of some interesting things that are were happening.

This hits close to home because some friends own a small natural gas company in MN and in TX.

Its was about 2 years ago and my friend was suprised to see a unformiliar car parked out side is company doors. He walked in and a gentlemen came up to him and said I would like to talk to you for a couple of min.'s. Now, this is what happened behind closed doors.
The gentleman sat down, lite a cig. and then told my friend that he woud like to buy out right the company.
Of course my friend said no and asked way and the gentlemen stood up walked over and explained that if he couldn't buy him then the next company will. My friend asked, Who is the next company he said,"Haliburton."

He said what does an oil company have to do with natural gas. The man laughed and said that it will be the next thing we go to and its just the beginning.

That was 2 years ago and guess what not only did the big "H" come by to say hello but a number of mid sized companies as well.

Makes you think that the oil companies of today might be gearing up for a HUGE change in the economy.

What do you guys think?

PS. I just farted.

[edit on 10-8-2005 by texmiller]

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Well if this is true it's no real surprise the the big H is getting into natural gas.

Most oil companies own both because the products are linked. Gas deposits are found in oilfields among other places.

There is a major change underway. The oil and gas companies are no longer growing their reserves through exploration (nowhere left too look that is thechnically and economically accessible) they are growing them through mergers and acquisitions.

The "Seven Sisters" are now just five and Unocal is about to merge with Chevron. I expect every small player out there will get bought out. I'd keep an eye on Halliburton. They may try to pull an Enron with the Natural Gas market.

edit: brain fart

[edit on 8/14/2005 by Gools]

join