It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Special Forces on the ground….In Syria.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   
DEBKAfile is reporting that the US has special forces in Syria marking targets of interest.

Story
here:

“Although President George W. Bush and administration spokesmen have carefully skirted any explicit threat of military action against Syria, DEBKAfile’s military sources report that Sunday night, April 12, small teams of American undercover troops were already inside Syria marking out the hideouts of Saddam’s close family, his top lieutenants, military leaders and the directors of his banned weapons programs. US special forces troops were additionally directed to locate the men who drive the operational arms of the Hizballah, Jihad Islami and Hamas terror groups.

Twenty-four hours later, Monday night, three events brought Syria even closer to becoming the object of direct American action, additionally placing France in Washington’s sights - albeit for a different kind of punishment. Syria faces imminent economic sanctions at best – although, since experience shows they never work, military action is very much on the cards. France stands to pay a diplomatic and financial price for certain actions that have come to light…”

I have always maintained that Syria is far bigger of a threat to the US than Iraq ever was. Is this story true? Only time will tell. But lets hope for the Syrians sake that it isn’t…

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 01:55 PM
link   
It would not surprise me, but what I do question is them going after "the men who drive the operational arms of the Hizballah, Jihad Islami and Hamas terror groups".

Their main goal should be to stem the tide of Jihadists and foreign militia that is entering into Iraq thru/from Syria. Hitting 'hide-away' houses, etc.

seekerof

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I agree however in my opinion Hizballah is inextricably linked to the wave of insurgents pouring across the border, and the Syrian governments ties to Hizballah, and to a greater degree Hamas, is for all intents and purposes fact.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Also I was looking around for Jihad Islami because I consider myself to know alot about Islamic para-military groups and had not heard of them. Unless I've found the wrong group they're operating in Kashmir and Afghanistan. Except for the fact they are Sunni, I can't figure out why they would be operating out of Syria?

www.globalsecurity.org...

[edit on 10-8-2005 by Baphomet79]

new topics

top topics

join