It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just like me...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Just like me, nobody wants to hear it. Just like me, Nobody wants to hear the American soldier body count for this new Vietnam in Iraq. Just like me, nobody wants to hear about the dead soldiers coming in from Iraq in aluminum cases draped with the American flag.

But you were all for it before weren't you? SHOCK AND AWE! LET'S GET IT ON! KILL! BOMB 'EM STRAIGHT TO HELL! Hey, Hey, HERE WE GO!

Well, here's the real American death toll by State:

www.capitolhillblue.com...

www.macleans.ca...

Maybe we should talk to the families of these dead soldiers to see how "shocked and awed" they are. Hey, do you think Bush has been to ONE funeral of a dead soldier during his time of fundraising?

I await my next warning and this to be dropped to the mudslinging pit.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I wasn't for attacking Iraq. I didn't see the country as an immediate threat.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I was nevr for attacking Iraq because I knew I was being lied to. Thank God my friend didn't go. She damaged her foot in trainng and had to stay back. If she didn't immediately die, then she may have suffered later from DU.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Is this combat casulaties, or total casulaties from non combat included as well? Hihest number of deaths from California and Texas. Wonder if california is aware of this, maybe change some minds of voting republican?

Texas will regardless, that state is beyond hope.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 05:25 PM
link   
We are aware of that most of the deaths are from CA. Quite a few from my area. Its on our local news all the time. Most of the parents still support Bush and the war on Iraq. But I also take it with a grain of salt. I think a lot of them say that because they are on camera. Just my opinion.
As far as national news goes I have not heard them mention much about CA having one of the highest death tolls.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 06:03 PM
link   
It certainly says something when the death toll is higher for the supposed peace than for the supposed war.

I think we passed that milestone a few days back.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Soldiers die in war. Its a fact. I hardly think this is another Vietnam. The casualties so far are not nearly as high. As for Americans not wanting to hear about casualties everyday, I do believe that the network I watch talks about any attacks and casualties on US soldiers each day. I think people are quite aware of American deaths in Iraq.
I suppose though that the point in this is that some people feel the war was not justified and that our soldiers are dying because of lies. In time I might agree with you on that. Or at least believe that we had some REALLY bad intell.

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Hardly another Vietnam. At times we lost 300 KIA in one week. Also, I don't remember anyone except the network talking heads telling us that this was only going to take a short time with no casualties. Vietnam went on and on for roughly 8 years. If there is not definite improvement in Iraq a year from now, then I will get nervous, but at this point I think it is about what I expected.

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Yep. The grateful people of Iraq have now killed more of our troops since the fighting ended than their military did during the fighting. Are we still "liberating" them?

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 12:43 AM
link   
liberals complain when there's no war,
Complain the we're gonna get massacred in afghanistan,

complain that it's gonna be another vietnam.

complain that the invasion of iraq is gonna take forever and kill countless numbers of both sides,

and complain when we don't start nation building and calling on the un to assist,

and now that we do,

you complain that it's another vietnam.

first off It cannot be another vietnam. it's not vietnam.

secondly.

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 09:39 AM
link   
If that is you in the taunting pic I'd assume you're in that 17-24 age group. So your one of the first call ups when the draft is reinstated if shrub is re-elected.

Thats right, since our all volunteer force is being decimated by the Afgan and Iraqi "police actions" and the number of "volunteers" appears to be drying up since no one willingly WANTS TO DIE, the DOD has proposed to shrub that the draft be reinstated.

GOP advisors have asked to hold off on such actions until after the 2004 elections, at which point its a free for all.

Have a nice time in Bagdad, show em all what a great big badass American you are and maybe you'll survive long enough to see your first pubic hair!!!

PEACE NOW!!!

Vote DEAN in 2004!!!!!

new topics

top topics

join