It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bakri: I'm coming back. Britain: Um...No, you arent..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Score one for the good guys. Man I wish the suits in the USA could get their act together like the Britt’s...

Article

“No way back for extremist cleric as wife packs her (Tesco) bags
By Daniel McGrory, Richard Ford and Nicholas Blanford in Beirut

IMMIGRATION rules will be changed within days to ensure that the extremist Muslim cleric Sheikh Omar Bakri Mohammed will never be allowed back into Britain.
The new “exclusion order” will allow Charles Clarke, the Home Secretary, to prevent any attempt by the leader of the al-Muhajiroun group to re-enter Britain after he fled to Lebanon at the weekend…”

This friends, is exactly what the West needs to do. Pressure the radicals and make sure they don’t preach their hate on our own soil. Main stream Muslims are welcome, extremists are not. Be nice or get out!!

Come on Congress, take the Britt’s lead!!!

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 08:56 AM
link   

The new “exclusion order” will allow Charles Clarke, the Home Secretary, to prevent any attempt by the leader of the al-Muhajiroun group to re-enter Britain after he fled to Lebanon at the weekend…”

That's good news.
They should have kicked this guy out a long time ago and prevented him from returning. I wonder if Lebanon even wants him though. Why didn't he go to Syria?

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I read in another article that he has family in Syria. But who really knows?

As this is a conspiracy forum, I will happily speculate he was there to help plan more attacks agains the infidels!!

I really need to give Blair some credit, this is the right thing to do. Now we need him to talk to his buddy Dubya and convince him to impose the same....

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Actually I believe we will have to let the barstaard back in the country if he comes back within the next 2 weeks. This is how long it will take to change the law so that we can block "hate preachers" from re/entering the country

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 10:32 AM
link   
What good does his being in Lebanon do?

He can just convince some other poor bastard to go martyr himself for no reason.

Far better to have him here in the UK where he can be watched day and night by MI5.

Better the devil you know etc etc

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 08:07 PM
link   
MMMMM well Last I heard he was been held there! And if he does come back he's going in for a heart operation on the NHS.

But he's not the only one, Tonight as I was watching TV another Muslim dude just like him on TV. Saying he's a Muslim and although he is a British Citizen and has a British passport His first allegiance is to Muslims over in Iraq and Afghanistan.

How naughty can you get, here’s this guy saying yep I’m British and I support brothers in Iraq and Afghanistan on British TV. And I bet he’s not working and on benefits.

And the thing is how many more are they out there living in Britain, Don’t get me wrong I all for everyone living in peace together on this earth no matter what anybody’s religious beliefs are. And the right of free speech but If you have issues your not happy about then there are lots other ways a of getting your messages across.

Bottom line, These guys some British born or not, If you live and breath in Britain as one of its citizens then you must support and defend the British way of life. No matter what your religious beliefs are. And if they don’t like it …well they can always go somewhere where there are others that feel the same they do.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 06:34 AM
link   
But what is the british way of life?

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Getting drunk, fighting, swearing, eating fish, chips and beef etc etc

Alternatively its sipping tea at precisly 4pm before going out to hunt a few foxes.

There is no British way of life, its just people keeping their heads down and gettin on with things.

CX

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 07:11 AM
link   
News is now saying he has been banned from returning.

www.sky.com...

CX.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 10:00 AM
link   
The British way of life includes many activities including the ones listed!

I myself am a massive fan of fish and chips!

Seriously, in my opinion, its about acceptance and being allowed to do what you want to. Britain today is a really multicultural society and that really makes it a much beter place in my opinion. Yes there are problems, there will always be the biggots but at least the British are trying to integrate.

I believe people like this "cleric" moron should be deported and just to teach him a lesson we should deport his whole family as well.

Someone asked why he is being held in lebannon, well it is because Syria wants to charge him with offences he commited in the 80's. Somthing against the Government. Its seems this guy can't help but get into trouble!

He's gonna wish he never opened his stupid mouth when he goes to Syria cos they will give him what he deserves and I have no doubt he will be tortured and sent to jail etc etc and we will never hear from him again. He's gonna wish he stayed in our wicked and decadent society! Good riddance

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reminds me of orwells 1984. If you feel the need to speak ill of your government, you may do it from behind the bars of your cell.

i may be american, but i too like fish and chips.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Check this thread out..........

Discussion on Omar Bakri

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ideophobia
reminds me of orwells 1984. If you feel the need to speak ill of your government, you may do it from behind the bars of your cell.

i may be american, but i too like fish and chips.

Its funny you should say that ideophobia. I was chatting to an American in the pub last night who also expressed his love for fish and chips! Prehaps we should send some over to Afganistan to Osama and if he likes them he will see that the western world ain't all bad! hehe

In a way its Orwelian, but this "scholar" (I use the term liberally cos that would suggest this guy has one iota of brain power) is soooo out of line it is untrue. The legislation that is been used to keep him out is designed to stop people who incite hatred, not those who criticise the government. I'm glad that he is been kept out.

What really wories me is that young British Muslims are buying this crap. These guys are like a religious version of the BNP but for some reason have been able to operate under our noses for a number of years. It just saddens me to see young Muslims buying this guys hate filled rhetoric. It suggests to me that the Government needs to deal with the issues that are making these young Muslim men angry.

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I'm in two minds over this

1, he shouln't be allowed to come back to Britain as he clearly is a threat to national security and free speech doesn't include incitement.

2, By banning him from the Uk he is completely out of our control and free to preach hate/incite death to infidel etc/recruit terrorists via the internet? surely it's better to have him here as he was under virtual house arrest anyway or throw him in a prison. That way we know exactly what he is doing, we can find out who he is speaking yo, what he is saying.

hmmm

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Our government here in the US couldn't get away with doing something like that. To many liberals and the ACLU to contend with. Something to do with free speech and all. However I think it's a good idea.

It's a fine line between hate speech and free speech.

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Now he's saying he's not coming back. He's been arrested, good for him. But he can still preach his messages on the internet, which seems to be his favorite source: www.extremism.com *shakes his head*

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 06:13 PM
link   
He was released the same day he was arrested. As of now, he is not in any custody.

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Good stuff.

Would say its a no-brainer really...diss a country, talk smack about it and then get all pissy when you find out the country doesn't want you back. Bit like talking smack about my house, and then expecting to come over and crash for a few nights on my couch...hell no, ain't gonna happen.

Good on the UK!

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Thank you, Barki’s not coming back….

However I for one am against torture, wherever he goes, I as a British citizen hope he finds peace and understanding where ever he may be, and that realizes there’s a right way to do things and the wrong way. But right now he has a lot to say and a lot to answer for….

As for earlier posts I ask the question, has this discussion turned into a fish and chip lover’s paradise. Hope not!!! For the pour buggers are being hunted to Extinction.

The British way of life…MMM many of you ask what is the British way of life???

Well I can only speak for myself as to what the British way is life is to me.

Honesty, valour, respect for others, hard working, and loyal to my country (the place where I was born to) committed to making a better place for us all to live in. And to abide by the law.

And not drinking tea at four o’clock, I drink tea all the time mate (love the stuff), except on Friday nights when I have a few bacardi’s and coke. (Well its is the start of the weekend and I’ve been working hard hehe)

But seriously to it doesn’t mean getting pissed every night and falling out of pubs and starting fights. I can’t deny that there are some, all right a lot of people in this country that think it’s ok to do this and I think it’s disgusting. And how many people must now see Great Britain around the world.

Yea I like to keep my head down cos’ when I look up I see so much wrong in the world…so much Greed, so much abuse so much neglect so much hunger so many parents bring up children without respect. So many laws being broken and not just the written laws, laws of what’s right and wrong, And so much hate towards each other, right about now you’re thinking oh my god it’s another do gooder. May be so…I don’t know I find it hard to believe that we’re all doing this to each other, that’s all.

In this universe there are millions of planets that a dead with no life on them, no doubt there will be others with life. The point is Life is a miracle out of all these worlds ours has life, and life is not to be taken so so likely.

I find it hard to believe that people think that if you blow yourself up with loads of others that something or someone named god or alia will love you for it. If such a thing or person really excites. The universe is so big and so vast, with so many planets in it, I therefore seriously doubt weather it or he or she would give a toss weather we live or die and for whatever causes.

Religion is a very dangerous thing indeed.

top topics

join