It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Illegal immigrants have no right to sue!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by MCory1
I think this is a great step in the right direction. However, I'm hoping it doesn't get taken so far as to remove the basic human rights that everyone should have, legal or otherwise. I mean, emergency medical care, basic legal rights (ie fair trial if necessary), etc. I didn't see anything about education, but I hope that's considered more of a "benefit" than a right; always has been in my book at least. Although I think that people should be able to receive as much education as they want, I don't think that it's fair for citizen tax dollars to buy text books for an illegal immigrant.

First I think that we should refrain from using the term "illegal immigrants" and use the term of "illegal aliens"instead. To me the word "immigrant" implies that they have a right to be here.

I agree with the "basic human rights" bit to a point. Problem is define "emergency". There has to be a line drawn and it needs to be consistant through out the country. If these people know that they are going to be apprehended and returned to their own country they may just stop trying so hard. The problem is that the government of Mexico is is complicit in helping them get into the US.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Because not every illegal is the same?
now read this out loud .anyone crossing the border with out proper paper work is an illegal.their are was to come in this country legaly.I live in a town with a pop of 1900 +or- a few but that does not count the 3000 illegal mexicans

You got it. Not every illegal is the same.

You've incorrectly assumed that every illegal enters the country illegally. That's incorrect. Many (if not most, according to which source you believe) actually become illegal by letting their legally acquired visa/passport stamp expire, and/or not bothering to renew the original. This group in particular are generally earning money, paying taxes and contributing in countless ways to your community.

But that's not the point. The real terrorists? Please. Exactly how many of the alleged or convicted terrorists in the US were guilty of sneaking across the border? None of 'em.

Look. Nobody is saying it's OK to give illegal immigrants preferential treatment. But it's also a little blinkered to lump together every illegal under one particular misconceived belief.

S'all.

apc

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Im amazed that the Phoenix voters even got this in front of a judge.. they find dead Mexicans in the desert all the time. It is a serious problem there. No wonder they have 6 ft tall walls surrounding every housing complex. Attempting to keep the vermin out.

I'm sorry, I'm usually fairly moderate politically.. a dash on the conservative side at times, but this is one aspect I feel very strongly about.

If someone were on my land, uninvited, and unwanted, I would expect them to leave. If they refused the leave, I would use force to remove them.

Sorry but an illegal is an illegal, plain and simple. Either sneaking across the border or letting a Green Card expire, it's all the same. Not born here? Don't want to follow the rules? Go home.

I say shoot them as they cross the border and make sure their bodies land back on their side. Let them clean up their own trash for a change (I was amazed at how clean my neighborhood got after immigration conducted a few raids).

Oh, and to be nice about it, be sure to post signs along the southern border saying "LOS DELINCUENTES SERAN TIRO"

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 04:39 PM
link   
our government has to be blind or missled .There are far more mexicans here then they think I'd say 5 to 1.I was a supervisor at a factory in my small home town,and would have to go around and fire immigrants 6 or 7 at a time .for all having the same SS number,so how can anyone keep track of how many are realy here?

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 07:34 PM
link   
This is only happening now because if the current trends continue the state will be bankrupt before long. More states will follow suit because it is really a question about money than anything else.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I thought America was built on the Immigrant, looks like you have been to successful and attracted to many. Its the same in Britain Tony welcomes everybody even though we don't want them.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 08:20 PM
link   
there is a differance in being a illegal immigrant and a immigrant

212 GENERAL CLASSES OF ALIENS INELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE VISAS AND INELIGIBLE FOR ADMISSION; WAIVERS OF INADMISSIBILITY

SEC. 212. [8 U.S.C. 1182]

(a) CLASSES OF ALIENS INELIGIBLE FOR VISAS OR ADMISSION.-Except as otherwise provided in this Act, aliens who are inadmissible under the following paragraphs are ineligible to receive visas and ineligible to be admitted to the United States: -
(i) IN GENERAL.-Except as provided in clause (ii), any alien convicted of, or who admits having committed, or who admits committing acts which constitute the essential elements of-
§ 1182. Inadmissible aliens
C) Misrepresentation
(i) In general Any alien who, by fraud or willfully misrepresenting a material fact, seeks to procure (or has sought to procure or has procured) a visa, other documentation, or admission into the United States or other benefit provided under this chapter is inadmissible.
(ii) Falsely claiming citizenship
(I) In general Any alien who falsely represents, or has falsely represented, himself or herself to be a citizen of the United States for any purpose or benefit under this chapter (including section 1324a of this title) or any other Federal or State law is inadmissible.
(II) Exception In the case of an alien making a representation described in subclause (I), if each natural parent of the alien (or, in the case of an adopted alien, each adoptive parent of the alien) is or was a citizen (whether by birth or naturalization), the alien permanently resided in the United States prior to attaining the age of 16, and the alien reasonably believed at the time of making such representation that he or she was a citizen, the alien shall not be considered to be inadmissible under any provision of this subsection based on such representation.
B) Aliens unlawfully present
(i) In general Any alien (other than an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence) who—
(I) was unlawfully present in the United States for a period of more than 180 days but less than 1 year, voluntarily departed the United States (whether or not pursuant to section 1254a (e) [3] of this title) prior to the commencement of proceedings under section 1225 (b)(1) of this title or section 1229a of this title, and again seeks admission within 3 years of the date of such alien’s departure or removal, or
(II) has been unlawfully present in the United States for one year or more, and who again seeks admission within 10 years of the date of such alien’s departure or removal from the United States,
is inadmissible.
(ii) Construction of unlawful presence For purposes of this paragraph, an alien is deemed to be unlawfully present in the United States if the alien is present in the United States after the expiration of the period of stay authorized by the Attorney General or is present in the United States without being admitted or paroled.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   
We know, deadcat.

We know. (Some of us more than others. Like those of us who've been through the immigration process - believe me, there's nothing more irkworthy than knowing you've spent time, sweat, blood and tears doing it legally when there are millions who are here legally).

But still, there are those who - for varying reasons - slip into the 'illegal' category for awhile, and then do actually successfully change their status once more to that of 'legal'.

I know, I know. I'm certainly guilty of
, but I still think it's worth saying: There are many, many reasons why a person's status changes; not all of them are the money-grabbing, resource-draining wasters that people seem to believe.

That's all.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tinkleflower
We know, deadcat.

We know. (Some of us more than others. Like those of us who've been through the immigration process - believe me, there's nothing more irkworthy than knowing you've spent time, sweat, blood and tears doing it legally when there are millions who are here legally).

But still, there are those who - for varying reasons - slip into the 'illegal' category for awhile, and then do actually successfully change their status once more to that of 'legal'.

I know, I know. I'm certainly guilty of
, but I still think it's worth saying: There are many, many reasons why a person's status changes; not all of them are the money-grabbing, resource-draining wasters that people seem to believe.

That's all.

point taken, It is the ones who come here with the intent to lie, cheat and steal.go to any westernuion and watch them send $1000's to mexico while dropping there foodstamp card on the ground,driving cars that cost more than most houses.BTW congrats if you are here legaly you've earnd it.Deadcat

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 11:38 PM
link   
The truth is they are breaking the law and are here illegally and they should not be allowed anything except food and water when they are put in detention camps for deportation back to their country. THEY ARE HERE ILLEGALLY and should not be rewarded for breaking the law. If we continue to let them come here illegally are country cannot support all the people that want to come here. there is only so many jobs and resorces and in the end will be our downfall.STOP BREAKING THE LAW!!!

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by prophetseeker
. If we continue to let them come here illegally are country cannot support all the people that want to come here. there is only so many jobs and resorces and in the end will be our downfall.STOP BREAKING THE LAW!!!

It might help if citizens themselves perhaps weren't employing illegals and thus providing a fertile area of growth.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 04:16 AM
link   
It might also help tinkle if government agencies and corporations didnt look the other way. I dont know how many illegals without SSN's ive seen employed.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
It might also help tinkle if government agencies and corporations didnt look the other way. I dont know how many illegals without SSN's ive seen employed.

That's exactly what I meant. Citizens who own/control these corporations. They're responsible, too - if there was no availability, there would be far less of a problem; that's just simple economics.

And to be fair, the government can't really intervene if they don't know about something; if illegals aren't using SSNs, how are law enforcement agencies going to know? Should they respond with a SWAT team every time someone reports that WalMart is employing fifteen members of one non-caucasian family? The entire system is a mess.

From a completely pragmatic side, there just isn't the manpower or resources available to conduct random sweeps or even full investigations every time there's a complaint or report relating to X city's alleged illegal employees. As I've said before, lack of funding is a huge problem within the entire Immigration system, and one which needs to be addressed.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Well, the city of Dallas is trying to force all the teachers & principals, (are you ready for this) bi-lingual. If they do not learn to speak spanish, they will loose their jobs.
Here is the link:

www.nbc5i.com...

Can you believe this? What is this country coming to?

I have a better Idea..............why don't we make them learn English. This is getting a bit rediculous.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 02:30 PM
link   
i happen to live in Corpus Christi , Texas(about a 3 hour drive from mexico). My mother is a nurse and sees this all the time. A mexican mother can bring her child over here and have the child treated for free. Now explain to me why myself,a tax payer, has to pay and arm and a leg if i take my child to get the same care. It also affects the pay rate here. Why would a company pay me $8.00 (the least amount you can make to scrape by here) when they can pay an immigrant $5.15 under the table? Then they take their under the table money and send it home to mexico and collect benifits from my government. The system that was intended to support and help me never gets a chance to. This is why things need to change. I understand everyone wants a better life and wants to come here, but it shouldnt be at the cost of hurting the people that already live and pay taxes here in the US. We have created a system that helps those who do not live here and those that do but do not put back into it. Why not require someone to work 30 hours a week anywhere before the government will even give you a dime? We need to put something back in before our resources run out.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan

It is illegal to employ illegal immigrants.plain and simple.On the other hand why are US factorys moving to mexico when more than half of there work force is here?????

<< 1   >>

join