It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Power Cut

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Yeah its pretty overcast all over.

We've got a special report on the TV, the Mayor of London is speaking. The presenter is comparing it to New York.

-Edit-Heres a complete overview so far
www.bbc.co.uk...

[Edited on 28-8-2003 by MrEisenhower]

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Somebody get a radar image loop of the area around the time of the outage. If this is EMP, we should see the same signature as we did during the NYC blackout. Also, watch for another one to hit somewhere in Russia or China in retaliation.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 01:42 PM
link   
omg this is gonna be the same as NY, whats next, the lightening strike and a not too bothered prime minister speaking.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 01:43 PM
link   
On the radio, they are saying 60%+ of the countries "tubes" are affected, and are evacuating them.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Good thinknig on the radar loop there astrocreep. I remember looking at the one around NYC at the time and it had a "streak" that should not have been there.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 01:44 PM
link   
If Mr Blair even bothers to give us a speech!!!!

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by FULCRUM
Yeah, But ThePrankMonkey.. arent we supposed to be a bit paranoid? After all we are the ATS..

Inf, yeah.. i know where Kent is.. i suppose.. it is a channel port city/town.. or is it?

but not at the expense of screaming the sky is falling every time something happens.

it tends to make people look more like paranoid people who have no reason to be paranoid than people who are being cautious.

of course being cautious means thinking clearly. which means waiting to get SOME info before screaming its a terrorist attack or the NWO or aliens or my ex wife coming to take over the world!

GET A GRIP PEOPLE!

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala
If Mr Blair even bothers to give us a speech!!!!

asala good point lol after todays events with Hutton, i think he probably pulled the switch to take the spot light of him

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 01:49 PM
link   
lol

You ARE PROBABLY RIGHT.....

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by FULCRUM
Yeah, But ThePrankMonkey.. arent we supposed to be a bit paranoid? After all we are the ATS..

Inf, yeah.. i know where Kent is.. i suppose.. it is a channel port city/town.. or is it?

Kent is a county(state) and it has many ports in the area like Dover.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 01:52 PM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...

This is the UKs weather

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 01:52 PM
link   
some areas have got their powerback, but some places have gone down i think

[Edited on 28-8-2003 by infinite]

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Ill have to ask timmy, if his power went out, next time i talk to him. he lives in essex.

Checking out radar data maps is a great idea. Since if it is EMP, then we will no for certain that this blackout and the one in NYC are related.

By any chance, does anyone have a radar map of Phoenix AZ a few days ago? They had blackouts there as well, maybe another EMP?

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 02:05 PM
link   
But there is City called Kent in Channel coast?

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Power is now back on, it was off in central London only for 34 minutes. It was a problem with a power unit.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrEisenhower
Power is now back on, it was off in central London only for 34 minutes. It was a problem with a power unit.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

so much for the NWO/alien/terrorist claims again......

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I didn't claim anything ...
Well, as long as it's all sorted now.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrEisenhower
I didn't claim anything ...
Well, as long as it's all sorted now.

oh i know YOU didnt, but those who did know who they are.....

hahahahahaha

and right now i'm having a chuckle at their expense.

thank you folks, you're an endless source of amusement for me. you never cease to amaze me.
keep up the good work!

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 02:45 PM
link   
what about the rest of the affected areas, other than london? they powered yet? anyone get radar images to confirm that its only a mechanical unit?

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Someone playing with the switches. Is this a test for the UK to see how managable the chaos is?

Nah...Tom Ridge is here, not in England...

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join