It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explosions erupt at chemical plant

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Solvents, oil, gas, paint and many other unknown chemicals are burning away furiously in Romulus, Michigan. Many people evactuated up to a mile away. Firefighters not yet attacking the blaze, currently planning the attack strategy. Hope they bring this under control pronto. Think of the fumes coming of this fire.

abclocal.go.com...

Detroit was reporting numerous explosions in Wayne County Tuesday night at a chemical plant that borders Romulus and Wayne.

People living within 1 square mile of the plant were being evacuated because of all the hazardous chemicals inside the plant.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Wow, thanks for the info valkeryie!

Doesn't it seem too many of these plants are exploding recently? There were just two in Texas like a week or two ago...

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 11:01 PM
link   
wow thats only about a 15 to 20 min drive to the west for me, i guess i need to turn on the news and see whats up.

Thanks

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I was driving in the area as it was happening. I was coming home from the Dearborn Best Buy... I was driving and all of a sudden I saw this HUGE fireball in the sky. I tried to get near it, but since I was about 15 miles away when it happened, the police had already cordoned off the area.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 11:35 PM
link   
you were trying to get near the explosion cmdr

ummm... explosion = go the other way

any more news on this yet from the local front? is it under control? cause?

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
you were trying to get near the explosion cmdr

ummm... explosion = go the other way

any more news on this yet from the local front? is it under control? cause?

Well I thought it could have been an airliner crash... Wanted to get ATS some front row pictures. Haven't heard anything new yet though.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 12:46 AM
link   
WDIV Local 4 has reported that the major chemical thats is burnning is acetone. The primary job of this plant is to clean the Acetone that is used in factorys to clean hydrolics and other items.

They said they are going to let it burn it's self out. It's 1:45 Am now and said it could take 8 to 10 more hours to burn out.

The wind is blowing out of the south. And the area to the north 1/2 mile radius has been evacuated.

Sorry about the spelling

16 people have now been treated and gone through Decon at Wayne Oakwood hosptial.

47 People from a Nuresing Home have been put into the extra Emgery room at Oakwood. None of them are hurt, but a lot of them have major mental problems.

Reports are about 1000 people have been evacuwaited.

Aerial Photo Of plant area

I will Update if i get more new info.

Again Sorry about the Spelling

Zintac

[edit on 10-8-2005 by Zintac]

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Well it's now 1 Pm EST and it's still burnning.

They have let firefighters into the site, but they are haveing problems getting some of there trucks into the site.

Will update when i get more

Zintac

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Thanks for keeping us away from TVs updated Zintac.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Update:Situation is still unstable and the cause still undetermined

www.freep.com...
By Wednesday afternoon, 32 people -- including some firefighters -- had been to Oakwood Healthcare System's hospitals in Wayne and Dearborn, where most complained of a burning sensation in their mouths or difficulty breathing, hospital spokesman Tom Worobec said.

new topics

top topics

join