It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Africa-Radical Reform.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 05:44 PM
link   
With the ongoing problems with the continent of Africa, such as, drought, starvation, corruption, genocide(the list goes on), drastic measures are required to alleviate the ongoing problems mentioned.

In my opinion, the blame lies in several areas. Here are a couple of main points.

1. Corrupt government, inability to manage country, economy, etc.
2. Trade and the lack of access to a fair and level playing field,(west's protectionism)

Radical reform is certainly required to deal with these problems.

The possible idea of Re-colonising Africa is not as "extreme" as the idea suggests.
When i talk of such measures, i do not mean in the same way in which many European countries empires had done this.
But more in a way of, countries being assisted more with the day to day running of countries,(government, economy, infrastructure, law, education, health, etc)

There is absolutely no reason, whatsoever, why millions of people are dying of starvation, disease, and not having the means for even, basic education or health care.
We live in the 21st century, and as world, we are very rich! So there is no excuse, for people to have to endure such sick and inhumane lives.

The cancelling of debt, that has been agreed recently, is a positive step towards the reforms i speak of.

Huge investment is also required from the west, in education, health care, services industry, and for the industries of natural reources, oil, gas, gold. minerals, etc. In return for this investment from the west, African governments must be made accountable, to not just the companies that have made the investment, expertise given, etc, but, most importantly, the people of this continent.

This in a way would ultimately mean that alot of western countries/companies would in effect, own a percentage of this continent.
But that strict guidelines that the west would have to adhere to, would be openly srutinised by independant bodies/associations.

The exact figures/calculations on this proposed project, need to be worked out thoroughly. I don't have the time to actually do this right now.

With these reforms that i have proposed, more money is therefore available to spend on the key issues that i outline earlier.
This could mean that the people of Africa, need starve no longer. They would all receive mandatory education and health care for all.
After time the abilities of the people of africa, would increase dramatically.
Their knowledge would be greatly enhanced, and their ability to make the continent of Africa a success, could become a reality.
The point to emphasise haere is that eventually, it will be the people's of Africa that will be achieving this for themselves!
The benefits and rewards, are great and aplenty.

If you speak to most Africans, you will hear that, they all want the abilty to help themselves, rather than just AID being given.

Of course Aid /help assistance that i hace explained, is needed first, which it is and has been received. But eventually being able to achieve the success for themselves.

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a large portion of the reason why many of these african countries are in the situation their in is because of colonization. but the first goround, the countries raided africa's natural resources and sent the proceeds back home to europe. after decolonization they set up local governments, which many of the people they left in charge were the YES men that kissed ass to the occupying power(s) who were only concerned with themselves and not the country in it's entirety.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Realist
The possible idea of Re-colonising Africa is not as "extreme" as the idea suggests.
When i talk of such measures, i do not mean in the same way in which many European countries empires had done this.
But more in a way of, countries being assisted more with the day to day running of countries,(government, economy, infrastructure, law, education, health, etc)

There is absolutely no reason, whatsoever, why millions of people are dying of starvation, disease, and not having the means for even, basic education or health care.

Recolonising Africa is never going to happen,at least not with the blessing of the majority of Africans.They fought against overwhelming odds and severe barbarism to free themselves,no way they will go willingly under the Europeans yoke again.
Western governments who amassed huge wealth under both slavery and colonisation need to accept the responsibility for their actions and pay fair reparation for the damage caused by the African Holocaust and the deliberate underdevelopment of the continent.Pay for what they did and let the people get on with it,their presence is neither neccesary or welcome.
There is a reason why all these things happen,hundreds of years of stagnation of African development under European influence,it's plain and simple,same as anywhere else look at the history you'll see the formation of the present.

[edit on 6/9/2005 by Ras Dedan]

join