It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Are Ghosts Made Of

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Pretty straight forward. Does anybody know what ghosts are made of? I've heard some say they are pure energy, but I've heard others say that can't be because energy constantly changes form and is used up. So, what really are they supposed to be made out of?

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I would think it depends on the type of "haunting." The repeating kind where the same event is replayed in reality is a form of energy but much weaker than that of a dynamic ghost. A replay could possibly be just an imprint left from the deceased memories that was strong enough to implant itself in this dimension. The dynamic kind though I would like to say are a manifestation of the will of that being on the other side, thus I would agree that it is purely energetic in form, although what type I do not know, perhaps ethric. Or in the case of a lost soul who can't find his way off this plane...well that I'm not so sure about. One would think that a lost soul would not posess the forehand knowledge of how to manifest, perhaps the confusion of not realizing what has happened stirs up enough emotion to cause them to appear to the naked eye.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Ghosts are primarily composed of the imagination and the, often emotional, desire to see a ghost. Like UFO's, many -- if not most -- of these so-called supernatural or unexplained events can, frankly, be explained away. This is certainly not to say that Ghosts or UFO's or whatever are not real but the vast majority of reports and occurences do have a rational explanation and are made real by a desire to believe or because the viewer does not have the wherewithall to find other explanations. But just because the viewer is unable to explain what he/she sees does not make his/her sighting "real".

Yes, there are probably somethings that we do call ghosts but they are probably energy that we simply cannot explain away in any other fashion. However this energy is beyond what modern science has incorporated or willing to accept in the framework of known understanding about physics.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 02:26 PM
link   
As far as energy changing form I just think it increases it vibration frequency or makes it more condensed energy.It changes forms of expresions through physical life but always stays the same just in a different layer of vibration that isn't outside the eternal body.In essence we take whatever form that meets our fancy.But if we are eternal which we are then it is constant.But we can either make our light brighter or dull.I think it is what we do with that energy that determines the outcome.

[edit on 10-8-2005 by menguard]

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   
honestly unless your a ghost buster, who really cares?

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Well Terminator wanted to know...

As well as myself, or I wouldn't have clicked the link. I thought this board welcomed curiousity, and to read comments like "who really cares?" just seems to me to me that it goes against everything this community stands for....

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   
what a ghost is made of would never be known by human beings, since we havent even PROVEN there really are ghosts. so how could anyone possibly know what a ghost is made of...this is common sense....and if we did know how could it possibly affect us? what help would that knowledge actually bring us?

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Well, there are several theories, including:

1. Ectoplasm
2. Pure Energy
3. Magnetic Field

and so on. However, there's no real way to know since nobody can actually capture a ghost or even give definite proof that they exist, those are all theories.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 07:44 PM
link   
It's hard for me to listen to this wolves because I am a petitioner to join a lodge at the end of the dark days and thus respect you as a Mason, but can you honestly say you don't hold the slightest bit of curiosity over the subject? Space Exploration at best might prove some beneficial results other than exploration in what 50 years; who knows what insight metaphsyics could yield?

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 08:03 PM
link   
To ask of what a ghost is made is to ask the very question of the ages, of what is the soul made of. No one truly knows, atleast no mortal man. We've wrestled with the question since the beginning of thought, created religions and gods and made wars and died on the alter of marytrdom over the question you ask.

Many answers can be offerred, none can be proven. The person who actually does offer the proveable answer will be a shoe in for the nobel prize. They will have read the mind of God.

Just my thoughts on it.

Wupy

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I have been training in the area of Reiki. I have met many attuned people who see "ghosts" or what would really be known as spirits. In my opinion I can't explain what they are made up of. Many believe these spirits or souls are lost and some people that are very connected to the earth or attuned say that we all carry a light around us and to the lost souls some humans lights are bright and they are confused. Thinking this light could be heaven. And so they show themselves to the light. Now this is just a belief of those who have seen the spirits. I just believe the souls stick around on earth till a new body is born and then they attach themselves to the new baby and that baby gets the old spirit. And they are reborn again into this world with a different new life! The spirits pick their new life. They pick if they want to have a new life. (Hense our free will...our spirits carry our free will...so people say. So they can pick and choose which path they want to take. ) Or if they want to be just a spirit. This is just a belief...I have no idea because I have never seen them.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 08:49 PM
link   
First off I would like to state that I agree with benevolent tyrant about that most things attribute to ghosts are rationally explained.

It is my belief that ghosts are made up of the same energy that was flowing through their body at the time of death and is just imprinted upon the surroundings or something that they were fond of in the vicinity of them. Now I do believe that is energy doesn't dissapate completely but also pulls energy from the heat of the area and people who may be in the area also. But as has been said, we honestly don't know what they are made of and if anyone says that they know what they're made out of without a doubt is lying, unless they can prove it.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I never used to believe in ghosts and I'm still not sure I do but I had a REALLY wierd thing happen to me once. I was living in a house that had been originally built in the early 1800's. There's quite alot of history about it. Apparently the story goes that a little girl died in the house at one point perhaps due to an accident or disease, and before we had good enough medical care. Well so the house is purportedly haunted by the girl who "lives" in the attic. It's a spooky old rickety house to begin with. I had some housemates and we had all gone to bed after a few beers and listening to these stories. My bed was closest to the attic doorway.

At one point in the night, I had a nightmare ... I distinctly remember being dragged upstairs by something to this attic (in the dream). It was pretty freaky. Somehow my own personal willpower overcame the dragging force, and I woke up to find my body on the floor of my room, having rolled off my mattress, with one arm outstretched point directly at the attic door.

VERY freaky. The next day, my housemates dog a cute little puppy, was hit right in front of the house. We took it to the vet but it was too far gone. They put it to sleep. After that, we never had anymore incidents with the "ghost." We sort of figured that the little girl now had a little puppy ghost to join her and so she was no longer lonely.

So, what were these ghosts made of? Well since I never actually saw them except in the dream (which was too freaky to repeat here) I am not sure they are material ... our bodies are very complex. We believe things that are not always rational. We have very intriguing belief and fear mechanisms that sometimes see things that really don't exist.

Many people believe there are certain parts of the Earth that are "energy hotspots." It's entirely possible, that some wierd things are being perceived. Maybe it's a passing gamma ray that blips a neuron in our brain. Maybe the sunspots happen to send strong fields suddenly to that part of the Earth. Maybe there is magnetic material under the house. Maybe the person is particularly hypersensitive to something and it causes them to "see" something.

The real question are ghosts actual material objects (like strangely correlated pieces of dust, perhaps ionized or energized somehow), or are they merely figments of our imagination, that are due to self-generated emotions based on legend.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by umwolves123
honestly unless your a ghost buster, who really cares?

This is the paranormal forum.
This is the kind of things people are interested in here.

I think anyone who has had any interactions with the non-physical world wonders what these "things" are made of.

Frankly, your closed-minded attitude surprises me. The Masons I've met on ATS are much more open to things we don't understand.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 09:30 PM
link   
i think that ghosts are just an illusion for all of us to see because nobody can really touch them.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 01:13 AM
link   
but an illusion by defenition is something we believe to be real but really isnt at all. so what your saying that you believe ghosts are something WE all conjure up in our minds but really arnt there, correct?

If that's so then perhaps you could enlighten us as to why MANY people believe they see them, or even a multitude of people at once seeing the same thing?

also what about that little override switch in our subconcious brains that make sure we only see things our brians can process, IF these are illusions pestered by our minds, then we really shoulndt see them if you dont understand them or our brain thinks its to much for us, right? or am i over thinking it?

[edit on 11-8-2005 by umwolves123]

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 10:11 PM
link   
They are made of energy - we are too. Everything is in one state of energy or another. The spirit is not something you can see with physical eyes. The kind of thing you can see is one that has basical 'clothed' (for lack of better word) itself with material from here (our physical reality). It may be nothing more than mist in the air or a particular vibration that we see in the form of color.
A 'ghost' needs no material form - material energy is 'trapped' energy. Who'd want to purposely trap themselves?! But can they? Yes. And when they do - I guess some set of circumstances may be best suited for their 'appearance' ... I don't remember what those are though.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Ghost are they same thing as a spirit, right? and then we have to ask, are souls the same as a spirt, or is a soul something else. I always wondered about this myself.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I have heard that they are made of ectoplasm and/or magnetic fields. If they are how do those people know that? They haven't been proven to exist so I doubt that you will find a good answer.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Here are a few links to some basic equipment used. I know some may look sightly "cheesed out" but like I said this is basic equip, relatively inexpensive.

EMF Meters

Other Meters

I know well-funded groups have equipment that blows this stuff out of the water. Just some small insight into the fact that we can detect them scientificly now.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join