It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Small Gold Flat Chips Extracted From Throat - Need Help

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Need Help
Okay, so here it is.

The only thing I am going to post here next is where my new blog is with updates. Something else, the moderators have all the sudden dinged me points for "excessive quoting". (?)

Consider this thread closed. I will create a blog and leave the address either in this thread or with someone I trust on this website.

Great, well done everyone. I hope your happy with scaring her away.

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by SteveR
No, I think she just wanted advice.

And she has received plenty of helpful replies.

But you must understand, the general nature of public discussion boards (especially this one) is have an open discussion, not one-sided. And, ATS has a long-standing reputation of harsh critical analysis in an effort to ensure the truth prevails, no matter what it might be.

More importantly, many of our members and staff have some rather extensive experiences with Internet hoaxes and especially alien/ufo/conspiracy falsehoods. It harms the serious conspiracy theory community if obvious hoaxes are allowed to live a long life, so we naturally dig deep to ensure fantastic stories hold up under close scrutiny.

And, as for simple actions/reactions and depth of board involvement, the author of this thread exhibits all the classic behavior of someone attempting to pull one over on us.

Yeah I understand that.. but the harshness has just sent her away. See what I mean by making people feel unwelcome?

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Need Help> Please, be reasonable. The QuietSoul type inhabits every part of the net, Every. In my experience they feel they have the right to post anything just because they pay for their internet bill.

I suggest you sleep on it. Come back tomorrow and answer any questions we forum members might have, and please, please reconsider leaving this forum just for what one person said. I feel horrible right now, because I and a lot of other forum members were really looking forward to sharing this experience with you!

And really, you can't expect to not run into a few assholes in the world?
Again, please reconsider. I'm sure a Lot of poeple feel the same way I do.

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Yes, please reconsider. It was great having you here..

link   
No, I'm sorry there's nothing to sleep over. It's actually a decision I am quite comfortable with and am surprised I didn't think of earlier. This open forum thing is not good for this kind of situation. I am leaving this site for good and am creating my own account blog with links and updates.

I'll provide a link when it's finished.

Jessica

[edit on 30-8-2005 by Need Help]

link   

Something else, the moderators have all the sudden dinged me points for "excessive quoting". (?)

That can happen when you quote too much text from previous posts that is not needed. It hurts the readablity of the thread. It's only a small "learning" deduction anyway (20 points I think).

Anyway, please don't assume that staff members are out to get you (Hi, nice to meet you). We all have been around for sometime, but we also all have our own opinions, which do not (repeat do not) reflect in any way the opinions of ATS, the owners or the management.

We're just people with opinions who happen to volunteer our time to help ATS. That being said, I would encourage you to continue keeping us updated. In fact, I would offer an address to you so you can mail one of these chips (since you have a few) to me or even a council member (I know one would volunteer). This way, you could have independant examination of one of the objects by someone that is known and trusted here.

Then everyone could all kiss and makeup and move forward.

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Not that I care.. but what happened to my points anyway? I get them zapped just for speaking up for someone?

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   
SteveR, look up in the right hand corner, it'll say you have X# u2u's, click on it. It's messages.

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
SteveR, look up in the right hand corner, it'll say you have X# u2u's, click on it. It's messages.

Lol ah. Thanks.

I wonder why all the mods have jumped on this thread.

[edit on 30/8/05 by SteveR]

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 04:56 PM
link   
So the big guns showed up... I cannot believe what I have just read and witnessed here.
Need Help.... please keep us informed, I havent posted to this thread before, was watching it unfold and it made amazing reading. My full support is with you and your quest for the truth.

Let's hope everyone is happy now.

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by simon_alex0327
So the big guns showed up...

You obviously haven't been talking to my wife.

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Clearly state you will NOT post knowingly false information. Your handling of this 20+ plus day reparte caused some members to beleive that's exactly what you have been doing.

YOU chose to come to our site and put this situation under the light of day for scrutiny by our esteemed members, they have been MUCH more patient with you than with many other very similar posters...

Now YOU cry foul? Typical is the only word that comes to mind at the moment, VERY typical.

To the members who feel NeedHelp has been ill treated I would offer a review of the many hoaxers that have darkened our doorway.

It's unfortunate that it occurs but it does, people think they can waltz onto this site and pretend their way to lots of attention.

I make NO judgement on the validity of NeedHelp's story one way or the other, she has decided to cut and run before that could be done. But overall, IMHO, she has been dealt with very patiently and fairly. She was given guidence on how to avoid the "harsher" criticism and utterly ignored it but complained loudly about its appearence inspite of her neglect. Another classic reaction and sadly typical comes to mind again.

NeedHelp, you do what you see fit but I assure you your blog won't be an answer if you couldn't get one here.

Springer...

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drexon
Need Help> Please, be reasonable. The QuietSoul type inhabits every part of the net, Every. In my experience they feel they have the right to post anything just because they pay for their internet bill.

I suggest you sleep on it. Come back tomorrow and answer any questions we forum members might have, and please, please reconsider leaving this forum just for what one person said. I feel horrible right now, because I and a lot of other forum members were really looking forward to sharing this experience with you!

And really, you can't expect to not run into a few assholes in the world?
Again, please reconsider. I'm sure a Lot of poeple feel the same way I do.

The QuietSoul type inhabit every corner of the world. The Quietsoul types are the people that question stories that can't be proven otherwise. I have done nothing here except request a name. I was in return, as likewise earlier in the post, greeted with insults, unneeded defense, and now name calling and generalizations.

Because I seem to be the only one playing devil's advocate here, don't think for a second I'm the only one thats "being an asshole()" here. If you doubt that, then you're seriously misinformed.

Oh, and to play devil's advocate even more here.. just because your "article" will end up on ufo.com.br does not make it true. If you look at some of the material on that website.. alot of it's questionable at best. And for all we know, this whole thing could be a publicity stunt (performed by them or with thier blessing) to get more people to subscribe to their membership... if I'm not mistaken is $10 a month

I look forward to commenting on your blog.

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I think your debunking is coming at the wrong time. Maybe wait until Gervaerd and co make claims and assumptions?

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR
I think your debunking is coming at the wrong time. Maybe wait until Gervaerd and co make claims and assumptions?

No, actually, I think it's spot on.

The request to query the creditials of the individual performing the tests, claims, and assumptions is well within the "rules of engagement" if you want my humble opinion.

For all we know, the doctor performing these tests on this peice of metal is Dr. Luciano S. Dias that specializes in Pediatric Orthopaedics. (Children with Broken bones, sprains, sport injuries)

Is he worthy of inspecting, claiming, and making assumptions of this "chip"?

[edit on 8/30/2005 by QuietSoul]

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Springer,

Exactly! - they did not get unfairly scrutinized here.

In fact I was much more reasonable than I usually am with this "evidence teasing" stuff.

The fact that they didn't mention Reptillians once was good enough for me to not brutally reject them.

I wonder if it will become a pay-per-blog maybe?

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Some of you people are just way to paranoid, if people can't even come and share a strange story without being called Hoaxers and attention seekers to their faces, on this board.

I guess we must all be Hoaxers and attention seekers. I have had a close encounter with a UFO , so I must be a Hoaxer and an attention seeker too.

I don't see any of you jumping to expose EarthSister as a Hoaxer , she claims to talk to Aliens!

Need Help just wants to know what this thing is , so do I , and many others.

I also thought it was really cool to see how Gevaerd and his colleagues are handling this situation , but I guess we don't have to read about it on ATS. Although that would have been nice.

Thanks guys and gals

Edit: Apparently Ignorance is only denied on a selective basis around here. I have often wondered why threads that seem to be pure fiction like " The Ancients" by mengaurd are tolerated on this board.

When we have a real person with a real object under strange circumstances, that hasn't claimed anything other than her G/F coughed this thing up, members feel that terms and conditions are being violated !!!

Please!

[edit on 30-8-2005 by lost_shaman]

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by lost_shaman
Some of you people are just way to paranoid, if people can't even come and share a strange story without being called Hoaxers and attention seekers to their faces, on this baord.

I guess we must all be Hoaxers and attention seekers. I have had a close encounter with a UFO , so I must be a Hoaxer and an attention seeker too.

I don't see any of you jumping to expose EarthSister as a Hoaxer , she claims to talk to Aliens!

Need Help just wants to know what this thing is , so do I , and many others.

I also thought it was really cool to see how Gevaerd and his collegues are handling this situation , but I guess we don't have to read about it on ATS. Although that would have been nice.

Thanks guys and gals

I just sent you an email Shaman.

Here's the address goldchipinfoandupdates.blogspot.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by lost_shaman...

Please stop quoting entire posts. I think we've made the policy very clear.

jra

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Thanks for posting that link to your blog Needhelp. Although i'm very much a skeptic regarding most things. I try to keep my mind open. I'll be following along to see what happens since i'm curious.

Apparently Ignorance is only denied on a selective basis around here. I have often wondered why threads that seem to be pure fiction like " The Ancients" by mengaurd are tolerated on this board.

When we have a real person with a real object under strange circumstances, that hasn't claimed anything other than her G/F coughed this thing up, members feel that terms and conditions are being violated !!!

I couldn't agree more. Needhelp is just wanting to know what the hell it is. She hasn't made any claims as to what it is at all. I don't see this as being much hoax. Compaired to the ones we've had in the past and claims others have made on this board, this is rather mild. It may turn out to be something extrodinary, then again it may turn out to be nothing special. And we're here to figure it out.

I don't think there is anything wrong with criticism and skeptical analysis of course (like I said, i'm a skeptic myself). But claiming this is all a hoax and claiming Needhelp is lying, is not what i'd call constructive criticism and skeptical analysis. I'd rather like to see this played out and what the outcome is before claiming it as a hoax. No one has identified what the metal fragment 100%. Only speculation as to what it could be by other members.

Once Needhelp posts more information from the doctor (and hopefully some pics from the microscope), then we'll have more information to look at and judge and then use our constructive criticism and skeptical analysis on. Until then I think the need to call this a hoax should wait.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join