It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Small Gold Flat Chips Extracted From Throat - Need Help

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Need Help

I tried the link but it says that i have to register. Were you able to check this info out? And if so, what did it say? I'm lazy and don't want to register.

Me too. But I may check into it later , depending on whether or not I'm up for it.

Was anything abnormal in the MRI's ? I take it that the object was either not present at that time , or did not react to the MRI.

I have no real idea, but I think a foreign object would show up on an MRI, even though it is so small.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Not trying to debunk or piss on your bonfire mate but iv had one of these things under my eyelid about 2 years ago. I visited the hospital to have it removed. It turns out i had been to a concert 5 days before and they were using pyrotechnics that sprayed sparks and glitter up into the air. Obviously it was more like industrial strength stage glitter being sprayed from the pyro explosions. I got a piece in my eye and didnt even know about it for days until i had a itch. It looked remarkably like your picture. could this be your answer

just a thought

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Hi Need Help!

I must confess I have not read every post in this thread ... YET! Your chip is certainly a fascinating little artifact and I hope you are able to positively identify, if not what it is, at least what it is made of.

While I am thoroughly enjoying peoples observations and suggestions, I will offer the following and apologize (don't mean to nag) if someone has already mentioned Bill O.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

pespmc1.vub.ac.be...

Occam's Razor:
one should not increase, beyond what is necessary, the number of entities required to explain anything.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Occam's razor is a logical principle attributed to the mediaeval philosopher William of Occam (or Ockham). The principle states that one should not make more assumptions than the minimum needed. This principle is often called the principle of parsimony. It underlies all scientific modelling and theory building. It admonishes us to choose from a set of otherwise equivalent models of a given phenomenon the simplest one. In any given model, Occam's razor helps us to "shave off" those concepts, variables or constructs that are not really needed to explain the phenomenon. By doing that, developing the model will become much easier, and there is less chance of introducing inconsistencies, ambiguities and redundancies.

I was feeling pretty low down a while back. A friend advised, "Cheer up! Things could be worse." So I cheered up and sure enough, he was right on. Things got worse.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Okay, wowsers ... what a thread. Emotion, mystery, adventure, the passion of Brazil, hi-tec, low-tech, UFO's, Drs., crow pie and, well ... it has everything. I was/am expecting Harrison Ford and Sean Connery to show up.

But seriously and I know this is serious for you, Need Help. I have gone a little cross-eyed and developed a wee migraine looking at the pics you took of the artifact. Great job, great shots, by the way.

The images of your chip pings a couple of long neglected axons in my abused neural net. Did your partner and her sister ever have to wear orthodontic braces? Does your partner ever "chew on the end of a pen" or jewelry like some of us might do absent-mindedly while studying, for example.

I suggest these two (three?) things because I have seen some rather sophisticated and complex dental appliances that have small retaining bits "welded" to the mainframe ... well, maybe that's a stretch but it would put the metal in the right place and if your partner's sister sees the same orthodontist.

Now, the second suggestion ... I have seen little bits of shiny metal imbedded as a design in the surface of pens and mechanical pencils and they can come loose especially with a little gnawing. These bits usually spell out the name or logo of the manufacturer. The same as with certain types and designs of jewelry which I am sure you have seen.

It is just that the overall appearance (smooth on the upside, grooved on the lower) suggests to me this bit may have been cut from a "roll of jewelry thread" and epoxied/glued to some item like a pen or necklace.

Just a couple of thoughts. I'm really curious about what your experts will have to report. Thank you for keeping us posted. I really hope the answer turns out to more exotic and less mundane than anything like what I have offered.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Peace begins when expectations end. - Sri Chinmoy

(spelling ... lol)

[edit on 2005/8/15 by Zadeh Redux]

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 08:32 PM
link   
folks................go back and re-read the ENTIRE thread.............you will see that this has been occuring with NH g/f since she was a KID..........so its not a pen.............nor pyrotechnics.........

go back and reread the entire thing before you throw your hat in the ring.

both she AND her sister have both had these things "appear" periodically throughtout their lives.

angie

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Well, Angie,

I have read the entire thread quite thoroughly and I read NH/Jessica's original post several times. I believe I have a very good idea about what Need Help is saying.

I understand that the offending "chips", at least 7 have shown up over the years in J.'s partner's throat. And the sister of J.'s partner ...

So I have made a couple of suggestions ... after having a good look at the pictures. It's my hat and I can throw it where I like, right? No harm, no foul.

Peace,
Don

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Need Help, I am very interested in what you have to say.
I hope you will continue to let us know what is going on.
I learned a long time ago to not tell of my experiences because there are some people on this site that loveto make you feel like an idiot.
So I just stopped telling about my experiences.
Good Luck!

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 03:01 AM
link   
While I am certain that there are 'some' people who would like to make others feel like idiots here, I think the majority of humans, the majority of ASTSers love a good mystery. They seem to be a decent, intelligent bunch who like to get to the bottom of things. However, it is also human nature to be inquisitive and I think most of the people on this thread are also doing that actively. I think that's why we are here participating.

Need Helps' thread is fabulous in terms of story/development/imput. We as a community are getting the chance to interact because she has let us in on her questions, complete with background and photos. In turn our questions and comments have helped developed this into a great thread.

There are a lot of good suggestions, theories and rational advice. I enjoy reading every one of them as well as Need Helps' latest updates.

I don't think in order to support her, that we need to coddle, be closed-minded or ignore any data that is presented by a member. Just because someone thinks the thing may be terrestrial or injested in the form of diet coke, braces, pens or jewelery, doesn't mean we have to close our eyes and think that NH needs to be supported in an alien theory conspiracy without even the slightest murmer of doubt.

Hey, I am following this closely and the romantic in me would love for it to be a metal unknown to humans - but at this point if ithe lab was to find the object to be diet coke tab or pen cap, I would feel that research was conducted to appropriately find the solution to a problem - In another words - brilliant solving of a good mystery and my time well spent.

Which is more than I can say for (errrr) the rest of my time.

Please don't think because people question it is an attack. In some countries a few well placed questions is a sign of respect

Peace.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 06:02 AM
link   
I think I'm the only one that thinks Occam's Razor should be outlawed. It's not even a theory, it's an excuse.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by QuietSoul
Well considering the piece is not magnetic, there is no fear of a MRI.. but if they were magnetic, and she had more of these in her, she'd be dead. They'd literally be pulled from her body... shes very lucky

[edit on 8/15/2005 by QuietSoul]

Gross and scary. Thank God it isn't magnetic then!!!!!

Who knows how long this thing was in her?? We just don't know. There's no way of telling.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by lost_shaman

I tried the link but it says that i have to register. Were you able to check this info out? And if so, what did it say? I'm lazy and don't want to register.

Me too. But I may check into it later , depending on whether or not I'm up for it.

Was anything abnormal in the MRI's ? I take it that the object was either not present at that time , or did not react to the MRI.

I have no real idea, but I think a foreign object would show up on an MRI, even though it is so small.

The only thing abnormal was the benign cyst in the back of her brain. And I just looked at the scans again and I just can't decipher anything. I'm not a doctor. I saw a couple weird shapes that I couldn't explain but she probably could because she has a trained eye for that stuff.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Greetings, all. I was turned on to this thread through the weekly newsletter. It is quite interesting that these particles have been showing up for so long.

The reason I'm posting is because of the strange familiarity of the object. I can't quite place it right now, but I have a couple questions for Jessica:

1) Have all the objects been the EXACT same size, or just very close in size?

2) With careful examination of the edges, does it seem jagged as though this particle broke off of something larger? In one picture that certainly appears to be the case.

LazarusTheLong - when you mentioned the bottle top tabs it almost triggered a full recollection, but I remember them well and they didn't have the thickness that this particle does. I think you're on the right track, though. The ridges really make it seem as though it's a part of a larger object, possibly a cylinder. If this was somehow consumed during their youth, it could have broken up over the years and been expelled gradually.

I highly suspect it was a part of a tube of some sort. How, exactly, I have no theory on yet.

I wonder if there was any surgery done on the nasal cavities at one point. Very, very interesting.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zadeh Redux
Okay, wowsers ... what a thread. Emotion, mystery, adventure, the passion of Brazil, hi-tec, low-tech, UFO's, Drs., crow pie and, well ... it has everything. I was/am expecting Harrison Ford and Sean Connery to show up.

I'LL ANSWER IN CAPS. FIRST OFF, I CRACKED UP WHEN I READ THIS ENTIRE POST. 'UFO'S, DR.S, CROW PIE' LOL. YOU FUNNY. SOOO...

But seriously and I know this is serious for you, Need Help. I have gone a little cross-eyed and developed a wee migraine looking at the pics you took of the artifact. Great job, great shots, by the way.

SORRY! DIDN'T MEAN FOR PEOPLE TO GET MIGRAINES!
The images of your chip pings a couple of long neglected axons in my abused neural net. UH OH..Did your partner and her sister ever have to wear orthodontic braces? YES, THEY DID, NOT GOLD THOUGH. I AGREE THAT THAT WOULD BE SERIOUSLY CONSIDERED BLING BLING, BUT THEY WERE STANDARD BRACES. Does your partner ever "chew on the end of a pen" or jewelry like some of us might do absent-mindedly while studying, for example.

LOL, NO SHE DOESN'T CHEW ON PENS OR JEWELRY! I'VE SEEN HER PENS AND HER JEWELRY AND NO LITTLE BITE MARKS. SO THAT'S A NEGATORY ON THAT ONE. BUT NICE GUESSES.

I suggest these two (three?) things because I have seen some rather sophisticated and complex dental appliances LOL!!! that have small retaining bits "welded" to the mainframe ... well, maybe that's a stretch but it would put the metal in the right place and if your partner's sister sees the same orthodontist.

I LITERALLY HAVE TEARS FROM LAUGHING. YOU SHOULD WRITE A BOOK! HAVE YOU READ TERRY PRATCHETT'S NOVELS? DISCWORLD?

Now, the second suggestion ... I have seen little bits of shiny metal imbedded as a design in the surface of pens and mechanical pencils and they can come loose especially with a little gnawing. LOL; NO GNAWING! These bits usually spell out the name or logo of the manufacturer. The same as with certain types and designs of jewelry which I am sure you have seen.

It is just that the overall appearance (smooth on the upside, grooved on the lower) suggests to me this bit may have been cut from a "roll of jewelry thread" and epoxied/glued to some item like a pen or necklace.

EVEN THOUGH I'VE SEEN HER GOLD NECKLACE A MILLION TIMES AND KNOW IT'S COMPONENTS, I ASKED HER THIS SAME QUESTION ABOUT FIVE MINUTES AFTER SHE GAVE IT TO ME. I ASKED HER IF IT CAME OFF HER NECKLACE. (IT DIDN'T)

Just a couple of thoughts. I'm really curious about what your experts will have to report. Thank you for keeping us posted. I really hope the answer turns out to more exotic and less mundane than anything like what I have offered.

UH...I APPRECIATED THE HUMOR!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Peace begins when expectations end. - Sri Chinmoy

(spelling ... lol)

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by nikelbee
While I am certain that there are 'some' people who would like to make others feel like idiots here, I think the majority of humans, the majority of ASTSers love a good mystery. They seem to be a decent, intelligent bunch who like to get to the bottom of things. However, it is also human nature to be inquisitive and I think most of the people on this thread are also doing that actively. I think that's why we are here participating.

Need Helps' thread is fabulous in terms of story/development/imput. We as a community are getting the chance to interact because she has let us in on her questions, complete with background and photos. In turn our questions and comments have helped developed this into a great thread.

There are a lot of good suggestions, theories and rational advice. I enjoy reading every one of them as well as Need Helps' latest updates.

I don't think in order to support her, that we need to coddle, be closed-minded or ignore any data that is presented by a member. Just because someone thinks the thing may be terrestrial or injested in the form of diet coke, braces, pens or jewelery, doesn't mean we have to close our eyes and think that NH needs to be supported in an alien theory conspiracy without even the slightest murmer of doubt.

Hey, I am following this closely and the romantic in me would love for it to be a metal unknown to humans - but at this point if ithe lab was to find the object to be diet coke tab or pen cap, I would feel that research was conducted to appropriately find the solution to a problem - In another words - brilliant solving of a good mystery and my time well spent.

Which is more than I can say for (errrr) the rest of my time.

Please don't think because people question it is an attack. In some countries a few well placed questions is a sign of respect

Peace.

Very well said! Thank you.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raistlin
Greetings, all. I was turned on to this thread through the weekly newsletter. It is quite interesting that these particles have been showing up for so long.

THIS WAS IN A NEWSLETTER?

The reason I'm posting is because of the strange familiarity of the object. I can't quite place it right now, but I have a couple questions for Jessica:

1) Have all the objects been the EXACT same size, or just very close in size?

ANSWERING IN CAPS: VERY GOOD QUESTIONS. I HAVE ASKED HER THE SAME. YES THEY HAVE BEEN BASICALLY ALL THE SAME SIZE, COLOR, AND SHAPE. SHE SAID, "THEY COULD HAVE BEEN A LITTLE LARGER BEFORE".

2) With careful examination of the edges, does it seem jagged as though this particle broke off of something larger? In one picture that certainly appears to be the case.

YES IT DOES, DOESN'T IT? IT LOOKS AS THOUGH, ON THAT ONE SIDE (WHICH YOU CAN ONLY SEE IN THE PICTURES, NOT WITH YOUR EYES) THAT PERHAPS, IT WAS PUNCHED OUT OF A MACHINE OR SOMETHING. BECAUSE ON THE GROOVED SIDE ON THE ENDS THERE'S TINY "WALLS" OF METAL. AND ON THE BACKSIDE THE OUTER SMOOTHED EDGES SEEM TO BE ROUNDED, NO? OR CURVED.

LazarusTheLong - when you mentioned the bottle top tabs it almost triggered a full recollection, but I remember them well and they didn't have the thickness that this particle does. I think you're on the right track, though. The ridges really make it seem as though it's a part of a larger object, possibly a cylinder. If this was somehow consumed during their youth, it could have broken up over the years and been expelled gradually.

BUT BY ONLY THE TWO GIRLS AND NOT THE PARENTS? I VERY SERIOULSLY DOUBT THAT IT IS THOSE CYLINDERS THAT ARE AROUND BOTTLES. THAT IS A WHOLE DIFFERENT ANIMAL. THIS IS A FLAT, FLAT CHIP. I HAVE ABOUT 5 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE IN THE ELECTRONICS INDUSTRY I IMMEDIATELY THOUGHT IT WAS SOME KIND OF CURCUITRY AND MY MIND HASN'T CHANGED. I HONESTLY DO NOT KNOW WHAT IT IS, BUT THANK GOD I'M IN CONTACT WITH SOMEONE WHO CAN RESEARCH THEIR HEART OUT ON THIS THING.

I highly suspect it was a part of a tube of some sort. How, exactly, I have no theory on yet.
I DON'T AGREE. IT'S TOO WEIRD. THIS IS A CHIP THAT SEEMS LIKE DESIGNED TECHNOLOGY. LIKE IT WAS MADE FOR A PURPOSE, NOT MERELY A FRAGMENT. IT APPEARS AS A UNIT.

I wonder if there was any surgery done on the nasal cavities at one point. Very, very interesting.

NOT ON BOTH GIRLS.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Do you all know why this seems to be so "interesting" and "fascinating" as people have said? Because no one is lying and no one (I know) created this object and because I have told the events exactly as they have happened.

For me, it's not interesting, or captivating, or fun, or fascinating. It's damn scary. Either she and her entire family are lying and are putting me on. (And let me say she is ready and willing and confident to interview with Gevaerd) Or it's some HUGE coincidence with food consumption, or something terrestrial that I haven't thought of yet (very possible! weird stuff like this happens), or something spookier.

My only question is why just the two girls? Why aren't there more people reporting this occurrence. I just get lost with all the questions that race around my head with this situation.

That's why I'm glad to give it to qualified researchers.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 10:45 AM
link   
what happened to the blog? I clicked on link and it no longer existed.
- aWoman

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I started to follow this thread at the begining, but lost track...without going thru all the previous posts, can someone give me a rundown on the series of events that Needhelp has taken to find out what this object is?

thanks!

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Only a link to this thread in the ATS weekly newsletter. You can subscribe to it in your profile options.

[edit on 16-8-2005 by Raistlin]

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raistlin

Only a link to this thread in the ATS weekly newsletter. You can subscribe to it in your profile options.

I don't see it in the last newsletter (10 Aug 2005).

edit: Just got the latest news letter, and yes there is a link. Looks like Need Help is a celebrity. Don't worry, it only goes out to ATS members.

[edit on 8/16/2005 by Hal9000]

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join