It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Twist on Russian Sub entangle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Hmmm, I wonder if she will be honored for breaking the news story?

My best guess is that she will end up dead in a car accident!

Whistleblower broke secret of Russian sub and 'saved men's lives'

news.yahoo.com...;_ylt=AtKqdHyWvcTMEbY2XOptgMSs0NUE

PETROPAVLOVSK-KAMTCHATSKI, Russia (AFP) - Without an anonymous phone call by a tearful woman to a local radio station, the world may have heard too late about the Russian submarine stranded in the Pacific to save its seven crew, the journalist who took the call claimed.

Guzel Latypova, a journalist in the port city of Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky, says the mysterious caller shattered an official silence and in doing so pressured the authorities to look abroad for help in mounting the rescue.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I say the woman should be praised and given an award or something...

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Argh I hadn't heard that, Russia......

On top of that I heard that the Russian government is mounting a criminal investigation, trying to blame military officials.

Russia opens criminal investigation

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Wow, and we all thought Russia had actually learned something from the Kursk disaster.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Wow, and we all thought Russia had actually learned something from the Kursk disaster.

With respect I think they did, would you want the world to know you "couldnt defend your own sailors..."

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 03:05 AM
link   
I will get alot of flames for this, but I will speak my mind anyway...

Although it was good news for the men trapped on board, it is bad news for their country. It shows russia cannot save their own people, and shows that they are falling behind in naval technology.

If I was one of the men trapped on board, I would think hard about saving myself and seeing my country embarassed and shown as weak, or letting fate take me. I hope it will never happen to me or anyone of my countrymen, but I know it has happened in the past...

Reminds me of the movie K19 when the captin orders the sub to submerge with a serious reactor problem instead of taking help from the Americans(though its just a movie).

top topics

join