It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PETA, open mouth insert foot !

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   
After reading the posts here and being BLOWN away by the combined brainpower of independant thinking...I've come to only one decision.
(drumroll please...)

I will round all of you up, stuff you into small pens and force feed you until you're nice and plump and then I'll eat you.

It'll be ok.

I promise that I am advanced enough to transmute your small-low-brow- energy into a higher plane and hopefully save your soul.
I'd ask for volunteers but it appears (from reading your posts) that nobody would take me up on it.

Don't be afraid of the death process...all of your problems stem from this.

There is no enemy anywhere - Lao Tse

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 03:39 PM
link   
VOD
Good luck trying. That's what separates me from the animals I eat, they got locked up, bred, fed, and slaughtered. I'm too big a badass for someone to break down my door, take me into custody, hook me through the leg and steam my skin off, slaughter me and package me by the pound in styrofoam and saran wrap.

Things are the way they are, and there's no use in WISHING for them to be any different. If you don't approve of the slaughter of animals, don't create a market for the product by buying it. If nobody wanted to eat meat, no meat would be sold, simply put.

Supply follows demand, not the other way around.

I like eating tasty animals, and since my city forbids the keeping of livestock for slaughter, I have to go to the butcher shop when I want my fix of bloody animal flesh.

Reality.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   
PETA are eco-terrorists, pure and simple.

The bottom line is, life is designed to sustain itself by killing other organisms. We didn't make it that way, it's by design. Whether it's plants or animals, we kill to live.

If THEY don't want to eat meat or wear fur, fine, but don't infringe on my right to do so.

We're humans, not rabbits. We are designed to be omnivores, just look at our teeth. Nor are we built to digest only plants.

Personally, I enjoy the taste of meat, and I think there's a reason for that. We're biologically conditioned so that activities that are survivally beneficial are pleasurable.

If it didn't run, swim, or fly, it's nothing but an appetizer....

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 02:14 PM
link   
PEAT is nothing more than a pathetic joke.

They are for the protection of all animals, unless they are beeing shot by a Democratic Presidential Candidate desperate for votes.

Where was PETE, when John Kerry was shooting geese for votes?

Was that because they were EVIL GEESE ??

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frosty
I've always wanted to go to a PETA demonstration with a PETA sign that reads: Please Eradicate These A$$h0le$

You know there are plenty of websites where you can make your own buttons and bumper stickers. I made bumper stickers that said: PETA: Pompous Egotistical Tyrannical Assholes. I like your idea. You should look into having stickers made. Way to come up with a great acronymActually I haven't always wanted to do this, I just kinda thought of the idea will reading this thread, but I now seriously want to so that later on I can say I've always wanted to, honestly.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
PETA are eco-terrorists, pure and simple.

The bottom line is, life is designed to sustain itself by killing other organisms. We didn't make it that way, it's by design. Whether it's plants or animals, we kill to live.

If THEY don't want to eat meat or wear fur, fine, but don't infringe on my right to do so.

We're humans, not rabbits. We are designed to be omnivores, just look at our teeth. Nor are we built to digest only plants.

Personally, I enjoy the taste of meat, and I think there's a reason for that. We're biologically conditioned so that activities that are survivally beneficial are pleasurable.

If it didn't run, swim, or fly, it's nothing but an appetizer....

Then eat your dog Gazrok... Why don't you eat your dog, a dog is as defensless as a chicken is....Because they are not in the 'animal kingdom' but rather in the human kingdom.. We take things for our own pleasure, and we don't know how to take care of them properly, we are lazy beings, dogs don't operate off instinct like chickens don't once they become part of our society.. They become defenseless, and rely on us to take care of them, to sustain them...

As humans it is our duty to treat them ethically... Which many times we fail because we get lazy and complacent and or just don't even have an ethical foundation to draw from, as i've noticed from some of you people here....

Why do they have humane socieities? Why do I hear my neighbours yell at their dog to 'get over here' like a little kid... These people and we people don't understand animal behavior or psychology, we expect them to act however we demand them to act, like they don't have a brain, like they don't have feelings...

It's pure ignorance... And it makes me sick.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies
a dog is as defensless as a chicken is....

Oh, so when I was attacked by a dog a few years back and I got some pretty nasty scars on my leg... Yeah, that was pretty defenseless. I didn't even provoke it or anything! Just got loose and chased me! If anything, I was the defenseless one.

Because they are not in the 'animal kingdom' but rather in the human kingdom.. We take things for our own pleasure, and we don't know how to take care of them properly, we are lazy beings, dogs don't operate off instinct like chickens don't once they become part of our society.. They become defenseless, and rely on us to take care of them, to sustain them...

Ah, so the dogs that pull thier masters out of a fire arn't reacting on instinct? Or what about the dogs that defend thier house when someone breaks in, and I mean the dogs that are not trained as guards? Or the dog that gets lost from its owners and then treks hundreds of miles and gets home? No, none of that is instinct....

Why do they have humane socieities?

You're right, because not everyone knows how to take care of thier pets. Of course, the majority of animals in the humane societies I've been in were given to the shelter because the people were moving, or they were recently born, or the owner died, or something similar. Sure, there are some that come from being dropped on the side of the road, but not as many as from the other reasons.

Why do I hear my neighbours yell at their dog to 'get over here' like a little kid...

Probably because the dog is going somewhere the owner doesn't want it to. And dogs don't have the biggest of brains, sure they're smart, but they still only have the mentality of a small child.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   
One of the reasons we don't eat a dog is because dogs are one of the VERY few animals that have "eyebrows" much like a human and can make human-like facial expressions......like a dog cocking his head to the side, perking his ears, and squinting his eyes like he is trying to understand.....or when they open their eyes wide and raise their eyebrow ridge to look surprised. Notice a dogs face next time, they actually make expressions......now look at a chicken, or cow, or pigs expressions, they have none because they were not blessed with eyebrows.

I had chicken today.....I think I want beef for dinner.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Not to get too envolved with this but to the guy that said you are too big to be taken and treated like meat - False. You are a bully and a bully will always, eventually, run into a bigger bully. Sad but true.

Eating meat isn't needed, it is bred. It is brought on us by our parents who were forced to eat it by their parents, and so on and so forth. It is like a religon in a sense and any amount of comman sense will never conveince one that decides they will be ignorant of other lives, anymore than trying to conveince people that war is murder once they have decided that war(generally as long as they aren't in it) isn't that bad.

Eventually it becomes a matter or arbritrary lines. To eat a cow is good or bad? What about a pig? What about a dog? Sooner or later most will come to a point where they refuse to eat something because it isn't right, but what is right has more to do with their upbringing rather than any concious thought on their part.

Go further, if taking the life of a cow or pig or chicken is bad - what about fish? Doesn't their lives mean something? If you are against killing and eating a cow, how can you be for killing and eating a fish?

What about a Vegitiable? Isn't that a life as well?

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Passer By
Eating meat isn't needed, it is bred. It is brought on us by our parents who were forced to eat it by their parents, and so on and so forth.

Yeah, my parents forced eating meat on me! Definitely had nothing to do with natural selection or evolution. I knew my incisors were really there for nothing!

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid

Originally posted by Passer By
Eating meat isn't needed, it is bred. It is brought on us by our parents who were forced to eat it by their parents, and so on and so forth.

Yeah, my parents forced eating meat on me! Definitely had nothing to do with natural selection or evolution. I knew my incisors were really there for nothing!

Yepper, you never had to be forced to eat anything you didn't like before huh? If that is what your incisors are for what about your molars? What about your longer intenstines? What about no other great ape being a meat eaters? Hmmm?

Come on, if you want to eat meat then eat meat. I am sure I am not going to convience you not to, nor is it my intent to. I have eaten meat - used to say that if it didn't oink, moo or cluck it wasn't fit for my belly !! LOL!!

Just like when I was younger I would do some pretty cruel and stupid things because I was able to do it(No one would try to stop or could stop me), I eventually grew out of it and become a man knowing that I have a responsiblity to everything around me so no longer could I just act in anyway I wanted that I had to take into consideration those other lives around me - my turning away from eating meat primarily is more an extention of growing up.

Which is really all this is about. Growing up into being respectful people and not doing something "because we can", but rather because it is right.

IMO ofcourse - if you feel no way about it then cool

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 01:59 PM
link   
The PETA organization is like the zit that won't GO AWAY. Everytime you try and do something to get rid of it, the darn thing comes right back. Maybe I should go upto a PETA member with cheeseburger in hand!

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimmefootball400
The PETA organization is like the zit that won't GO AWAY. Everytime you try and do something to get rid of it, the darn thing comes right back. Maybe I should go upto a PETA member with cheeseburger in hand!

You should probably get rid of your signature that reads deny ignorance... Since you appear to be the empitomy of it.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Padron me if anyone has posted this already. You want to know just how "against" animal cruelty these freaks are? Anyone remember this?

Clicky clicky

Me too!

[edit on 8/19/2005 by CyberianHusky]

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 08:15 PM
link   

We take things for our own pleasure, and we don't know how to take care of them properly, we are lazy beings, dogs don't operate off instinct like chickens don't once they become part of our society.. They become defenseless, and rely on us to take care of them, to sustain them...

As humans it is our duty to treat them ethically... Which many times we fail because we get lazy and complacent and or just don't even have an ethical foundation to draw from, as i've noticed from some of you people here....

Why do they have humane socieities? Why do I hear my neighbours yell at their dog to 'get over here' like a little kid... These people and we people don't understand animal behavior or psychology, we expect them to act however we demand them to act, like they don't have a brain, like they don't have feelings...

It's pure ignorance... And it makes me sick.

It's pure ignorance to make assumptions that have no base. Just who are you including in all of your "we"s. I was not lazy or complacent in the care of my dog. I treated her better than alot of people treat their kids. Dogs do operate off instinct. But they can also learn to behave in social situations. They usually behave better than most people's kids.

Don't judge my ethics and I won't judge yours. I never demanded anything of my dog. We always knew that the best relationships are based on trust and respect. I respected the fact that she was a dog and did not have the same higher brain function that I have. I protected her and she inturn, protected me. She trusted me and I trusted her.

I understand that you are upset, but you cannot let emotions run away and make a valid point at the same time. You do everyone a disservice by turning this discussion into an emotional tirade.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 11:50 PM
link   

A post full of contradictions... You don't even know what to think...
If a monkey stood and talked to you saying he doesn't want to be eaten then you wouldn't eat him, same goes for cow or whatever.. chicken, pig, lamb, duck,frogs.... But because you grew up eating these meats you've conditioned yourself to believe that maybe they like being eaten because they don't protest? Your dog is defenseless towards you because you have opposable thumbs, you are his master and choose when to feed him. He will let you harm him as you are on a more powerful level then he is, and for that he respects you, even if you hurt him.

You are defenseless against, approximately, 6 Billion meat-eating humans. Seems to me that you are a WEE bit outnumbered! I have an idea!! How about we stop eating all that cognitive, left-brain right-brain, fish have feelings and experience pain, wildlife. How about we inconsiderate meat eaters just spit you grungy PETA- PUKES over an open fire and dig in??
.....Naaaa, we'd prolly reguritate due to the whiny-azz after-taste!

Mod Edit: Trimmed down large quote

[edit on 8/21/05 by FredT]

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by D
I've always wanted to tell all of them to go get a real job.

Like Bush said when he yelled out to Michael Moore in Farenheit 9/11. That stuff never gets old.

As for the PETA demonstrations, maybe they should spend thier time researching other things to debate about. Using human suffering for thier own need. Bush's Fox News does that too in replaying 9/11, and making public American casualties in Iraq for the sole purposing of supporting an occupation.

[edit on 8-20-2005 by websurfer]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join