It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PETA, open mouth insert foot !

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
I mean I support their right to exist (said while eating a chicken sandwich).

Well there's nothing wrong about that, but I'm talking about the people like Amory's friend.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Who are these people to tell me that I cannot own an animal? Yes, there are a lot of irresponsible pet owners out there. But I think that the majority love and respect their animals. I have spent thousands, yes, thousands of dollars on my dog. Most of it in vet bills. She was a great friend and companion. She was my protector in times of danger, my comforter in times of sadness and my constant companion. I miss her tremendously. A few weeks ago, we held her in our arms and cried as the vet injected her with the overdose that would finally give her rest. She suffered a lot in her last months, but when it was clear that there was no hope, we finally made the difficult decision to end her pain. She was our faithful friend for 13 years.

How dare anyone try and make me feel bad because I loved and protected an animal. If PETA had their way, all of our dear friends would be released into the wild where they would starve or be killed by predators. These people need to actually adopt a pet and let that pet teach them how to love. They obviously don’t have a clue.

Edit spelling

[edit on 8/10/2005 by darkelf]

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Consuming the high protein within meats of animals such as fish, chickens, deer, and others is what lead in evolution to the development of the modern day human brain. If our ancestors and ourselves had not consumed these vital proteins in meat, then we would be reconquering the tree and not the skies or the oceans.

And because PETA people only eat plants, their brains will not develop the same way as ours (which explains why they are like they are) and will eventually deevolutionize and crawl back into the tree and we will never have to hear about them again. FUnny how natural selection works out.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Thank you Darkelf for reminding me of my long lost friends and companions!

My heart travels along with yours, It is so hard to depart with a pet who has been a steadfast friend through thick and thin, the good and the bad, and they are always there when you get home, excited and happy that you are there to be with them.

Pets are companions to the elderly and the ill, they bring joy to a child and sight to the blind, they search for the injuried and find our missing, and at the end of the day they snuggle at our feet knowing they have a friend who will protect and care for them till the end.

You are correct, PETA does not have a clue.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I wonder if anyone from PETA has ever stopped to wonder why we as humans have these great canines and incisors in our mouths. They surely are not for tearing away the leathery rock hard flesh of a tomato.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Ethics barely apply to human-human interactions, nevermind human-animal relations.

As far as I'm concerned, if I can kill it, cook it, and eat it, it aint worth shedding a tear over.

I'm fine with the fact that grizzly bears and sharks think of me the same way.

People kill stuff, so do animals. People eat stuff, so do animals. Thus, using my incredible powers of deduction, people=animals. Case closed.

No biggie.

Next time you meet a PETA putz, and want to grill their onions a little, tell them about this...

The Sooper Dooper Bunny Exploder
www.belowtopsecret.com...

(Works on other varmints too, but it sounded funnier this way.)

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne

The Sooper Dooper Bunny Exploder
www.belowtopsecret.com...

(Works on other varmints too, but it sounded funnier this way.)

We have the Gopher-Getter, too. It's a big vacuum truck that sucks them out of the ground.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 11:34 PM
link   
It should be legal to make dog food out of PETA members. PETA typifies what happens when a good cause is commandeered by the delusional. At least, people are omnivorous. Why don't they picket carnivores. They act like people invented meat-eating. What a bunch of jerks. This is one case where I firmly agree with the NAACP, which is rare.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer
A friend of mine is a vegan, and a staunch supporter of PETA. I've spent hours arguing with her over all of it. She continues to support those people who blow up chicken houses and whatnot, and claims it's not terrorism.

True story. One night this resident who was a staunch PETA member tried to preach the gospel to me and another nurse (the two biggest meat eaters in the unit) about why we were evil. He got quite huffy and stormed off to bed. Made the mistake of leaving his oversized PETA coffey mug at the nurses station. The next moring he had a total fit when he found it cover in real sheepskin that somehow had been crazyglued (The use it for closing cuts now and its called dermabond) to it

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Fred, how is it that everyone with a decent sense of humor invariably ends up in the medical field? Perhaps because it takes such a sense of humor to deal with some of what you see there?

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
True story. One night this resident who was a staunch PETA member tried to preach the gospel to me and another nurse (the two biggest meat eaters in the unit) about why we were evil. He got quite huffy and stormed off to bed. Made the mistake of leaving his oversized PETA coffey mug at the nurses station. The next moring he had a total fit when he found it cover in real sheepskin that somehow had been crazyglued (The use it for closing cuts now and its called dermabond) to it

pwnz0r3d!!1!

What I never understood was why. Very few other groups and organizations (with the exception of some christian denominations and greenpeace) go around trying to get you to "convert" and almost no one else does it by trying to insult you. Can they honestly think these (yelling, wrapping selves in packaging, relatingslaves to animals, etc.) are good methods?

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
I'm leaving my apartment now. Why? Because I am going to Wendy's and I am going to eat about a dozen hamburgers.

PETA is a terrorist organization.

And you wonder why your fat..........

I guess because of this incident this negates their cause and reason not to support it?

Some of you people aren't even people, i'd put you on the rung of wild animals who don't know the difference between right and wrong, And I would say that it would be ok for them to eat you if they ever got the chance.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies
I would say that it would be ok for them to eat you if they ever got the chance.

So would I, because that's how nature works.

I don't think this negates anything. I think their repeated show of exhibits like this and their attitude towards others does them the most harm. If you act like a fringe group, you'll be treated like one, simple as that.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 10:45 AM
link   

I was making a point, that's all. Besides, if I were to ACTUALLY eat a dozen hamburgers as a method of protest it would only be hurting me. PETA's methods of protest end up hurting lots of people.

I guess because of this incident this negates their cause and reason not to support it?

I'm all for better treatment of animals, I'm just not about to support a terrorist organization to achieve those ends. It's not as if this is the first incident from PETA!

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Some of you people aren't even people, i'd put you on the rung of wild animals who don't know the difference between right and wrong, And I would say that it would be ok for them to eat you if they ever got the chance.

The tasty treat, that can't be beat... Errr... Never mind...

As a resident "wild animal" of ATS, I would remind you of the omnivorous tendencies of my primate brethren. Of course it's years of laboratory testing that has allowed me to keep fit and trim into my "silver back" years.

www.beyondveg.com
A comparison of humans vs. allegedly "vegetarian" anthropoid apes is frequently a part of comparative anatomy/physiology "proofs" that assert humans are natural vegetarians. ("Anthropoid" means the most human-like apes in the "great apes" family, which includes the chimpanzee, gorilla, and orangutan.) However, as knowledge of the actual diet of wild primates/anthropoid apes (from field observation studies) increases, the reality that most primates/apes include some animal foods (even if only insects) in their normal, natural diet is becoming better known. As a result of this, the myth of the "vegetarian ape" is slowly slipping away.

www.beyondveg.com...

Maybe it's the dilemma of the proper wine pairing with tofu.

Previous attempts at circumventing the natural culinary selection of humans:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Wild Monkeys, not just for "girls gone" anymore...

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   
When i think of PETA... It's time for a roast.......

When an animal decides to protest themselves and stand there with a mic saying they don't want to be eaten, then I guess I would re think the whole meat eating concept...until then how can they say they speak for an animal or what the animal wants, maybe the animal quite enjoys being a sacrifice on my plate...maybe the animal enjoys the thought of being made into a fur coat...until we know for sure these people are just another nutter mouthpiece with no idea of reality

Fanatics really, everything in moderation and balance. If our bodies require protein then I guess we were made for meat eating as well as our veges.....

It's weird though, when i think of eating monkeys my stomach churns, same with grasshoppers and the like but then I think if I had grown up eating grasshoppers, it would come more natural to me.

Muslims don't eat pork but yet it's my favourite roast. We are taught from a young age what foods we will eat for life.

I guess PETA never got taught proper like.......or they have no life

[edit on 11-8-2005 by Mayet]

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mayet
When i think of PETA... It's time for a roast.......

When an animal decides to protest themselves and stand there with a mic saying they don't want to be eaten, then I guess I would re think the whole meat eating concept...until then how can they say they speak for an animal or what the animal wants, maybe the animal quite enjoys being a sacrifice on my plate...maybe the animal enjoys the thought of being made into a fur coat...until we know for sure these people are just another nutter mouthpiece with no idea of reality

Fanatics really, everything in moderation and balance. If our bodies require protein then I guess we were made for meat eating as well as our veges.....

It's weird though, when i think of eating monkeys my stomach churns, same with grasshoppers and the like but then I think if I had grown up eating grasshoppers, it would come more natural to me.

Muslims don't eat pork but yet it's my favourite roast. We are taught from a young age what foods we will eat for life.

I guess PETA never got taught proper like.......or they have no life

[edit on 11-8-2005 by Mayet]

A post full of contradictions... You don't even know what to think...
If a monkey stood and talked to you saying he doesn't want to be eaten then you wouldn't eat him, same goes for cow or whatever.. chicken, pig, lamb, duck,frogs.... But because you grew up eating these meats you've conditioned yourself to believe that maybe they like being eaten because they don't protest? Your dog is defenseless towards you because you have opposable thumbs, you are his master and choose when to feed him. He will let you harm him as you are on a more powerful level then he is, and for that he respects you, even if you hurt him.

Animals are the same way, they are defensless towards humans, within the animal kingdom they fight and defend themselves, when they are caught and caged within our human kingdom, they are oppressed. When they have grown up in a farm their whole life they no no better, but the instinct of survival is within every living breathing being on this earth, including plants.

A monkey makes your stomach churn to think about eating him, i'm sure eating your dog does too.. How could someone do such a horrible thing to a dog? Chinese/Japanese have a reputation of eating dog... It's only meat.. But when you put an animal on a similiar rung as humans, calling dogs man's best friend, you fail to see the condtraction in your theory...

Cannibals don't have a probelm with eating humans...

Ahhh the beat within us all, perhaps if we removed your vocal chords and caged you with other humans similar to yourself, we could make the same assinine assumptions as you just did. well you didn't protest and speak into a mic so you must want to be eaten...

And so we stick you on a rotisserie hogtied, stick pineapples in your ears and an apple in your mouth and cook you for dinner...

Why not? Meat is meat...

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Damn it I'm fat because I don't excercise enough not because I eat meat. Hell there is a guy dieing because all he eats is veggies. He is 38, can't get his d*ck up, and has oseoporosis(sp?) because all he eats are salads, 5 pounds of it a day. It is a crime I tell you, unless his wife leaves him and finds me.(She is fine looking)

Anyways, watch the Penn and Teller BS episode on PETA. THEY KILL ANIMALS! That's right in the PETA HQ they kill animals!!!!! They kill more then they save!!!!

They also fund terror groups which the government has proof of since it is a non-profit org. all tax things are public record.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 01:10 PM
link   
quite frankly, their ideology is wrong.

with a perception of how the world functions, they should change their whole approach from trying to completely stop people from eating meat to correcting the flawed system that is used to mass farm and slaughter animals for our intake.

if one of their main objectives is to stop the cruelty to such animals, they should be trying to lobby for a much efficient and less cruel way they are farming and slaughtering these animals. heck, us regular meat eaters should be doing the same because what goes on in these slaughter houses is down right appalling.

my 2 cents.

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Call me crazy but I am not a bit scared of any of you PETA bashers. Furthermore, I'm willing to wager not a single one of you has ever talked to a PETA representative.

Of course the media tries to make them look bad. Do you really suppose agribusiness wants their skeletons exposed by PETA or any other group. Making sure they appear as radical fanatics is a given by the corporate owned media.

Having only the word of people like you and what I'd seen on TV, left me very apprehensive about attending PETA's "Helping Animals 101" conference in San Francisco last February. But not being easily intimidated and curious by nature, I went anyway.

I imagined being attacked and having all my hair cut off for daring to wear leather or committing some other unknown offense in their presence. I anticipated I'd be walking on egg shells the entire weekend.

My paranoia couldn't have been more groundless. These people were absolutely the nicest most dedicated individuals I'd ever had the privilege to make my acquaintance.

After meeting these wonderful people, I considered it an honor to do their bidding. Today I am a proud member of PETA, Farm Sanctuary and Humane Farming Ass.

in the last twenty-five tears, PETA has done more for the rights of animals then all man's previous efforts combined. Sure they use graphic imagery to get your attention. Do you think that anybody would care about the plight of CA happy cows?

They expose the truth no matter how ugly or upsetting it is. Did Malcolm X gain notoriety by peaceful assembly? No, but he paved the way so Martin Luther King JR.

I think the bottom line for many of you PETA bashers is, on some level they make you feel guilty as a result, you lash out at them. Three's is no other logical explanation for the misguided anger you feel for them.

All PETA wants from you is your acknowledgment. Acknowledgment of the horrors animals suffer behind closed doors. Because even the most vile of you can't condone what's being allowed to happen. And maybe some of you, will even campaign for change.

The reason vegetarianism is so strongly advocated by them, is because it's the most powerful form of protest. Swift changes are urgently needed for the billions of animals suffering at the factory farms and slaughter houses.

PETA's newest campaign comparing the plight of modern farm animals to the dehumanization of slavery, is meant only as a comparison of circumstance. No one ever implied that an animals plight is as important as that of a humanes. The outrage of the black man sounds to me like the same old persecution complex that many blacks, still refuse to let go of.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join