It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PETA, open mouth insert foot !

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   
"Wow" PETA has really crossed the line on this one.
How can you compare a Black man to cattle, PETA has the answer!

"You can’t compare me to a freaking cow,"
shouted John Darryl Thompson, 46, of New Haven

Outrage on the green

NEW HAVEN — A two-hour animal rights demonstration on the Green Monday sparked outrage instead of sympathy from the public.

"This is the most racist thing I’ve ever seen on the Green. How dare you," roared Philip Goldson, 43, of New Haven at the protest organizers at Church and Chapel streets.

www.nhregister.com...

I myself SIRR1 support PETA!
People Eating Tasty Animals !!!

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I'm leaving my apartment now. Why? Because I am going to Wendy's and I am going to eat about a dozen hamburgers.

PETA is a terrorist organization.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Anyone want to learn about PETA, go look at the South Park episode about them, really funny!

Sorry got to go my Cheeseburgers are here.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   
"If it never had a face, it ain't worth eatin'."
-Dad

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
PETA is a terrorist organization.

I agree. They use shock and fear and guilt to scare people into doing things that fit their agenda. I love animals. I share my home with some. But I eat meat and no amount of shock or terror is going to change my mind.

Activism can be a good thing, but there's a way to do it reasonably and not force your beliefs on others. I hate it when religious zealots do it and I hate it when PETA does it.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Sorry but this is hillarious! It shows just how out of touch these PETA freaks are!

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Based on the type of protest PETA has presented, I feel they're right. We should stop eating helpless, defenseless animals. No more burgers made of cow meat, no more chicken breasts, ham sandwhiches, turkey dinners. Stop all animal testing, and no more circus elephants, bears, whatever. Everything that we do that involves animals in any way that can be considered cruel needs to stop right now. So we can replace them with members of PETA.

You read correctly, I suggest the members of PETA, if they are so devoted to their cause of bettering animal conditions, take the animal's place. I may not eat a PETA-burger, but even as distasteful as the idea is to me I find more appeal in that than tofu or soy. In principal if nothing else.

Instead of making sure the next cure-all drug is perfectly safe by testing it on a monkey, we'll test them on a PETA member and let them deal with whatever side effects arise. Just remember that when you have that thirty pound tumor growing in your left nostril, it isn't an animal that it's growing in. That and the fact that the pill you are taking twice a day in this project will possibly cure cancer should be enough to make you happy. The testing isn't going to stop, but it needs to be done on something so that way the people who need the medication won't die from some strange side effect no one predicted. Since the animals aren't in the picture anymore, why don't you take that noble cause on your shoulders?

And for those PETA members with a flair for show biz, you can still partake in it. In fact, I'd find much more entertainment value in seeing one of them held at bay with a chair by a lion tamer (well, PETA tamer in this case). And they can have nice, cozy settings in all the zoos and current wild-animal parks as well. I can see parents taking their kids for a stroll saying "Ooooo, watch out for that one, it's protest season." "Mommy, those things are scary, can we go to McDonalds?" "No sweetie, that thing in the cage is the reason McDonalds had to shut down last week; I told you that. Look out! It's throwing it's feces!"

Given how much of our society is based on animals that are being treated in fairly cruel ways, I'd be all for removing animals from those aspects of our society. But you gotta have something to take their place, or else large parts of the general lifestyle are going to be come down in a bad way. I would think that those who so vehemently support this noble cause would have no problems stepping in, for the better of society.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   
But just to remind those angered by this not so gentle "reminder" from PETA:

We did own, trade and use human beings as beasts of burden right up until (and after in some places) 1863. That's not ancient history. That's yesterday.

And the Christian abolitionists prior to that were seen as terrorists in places like Kansas. Why? They absolutley were terrorists. Absolutley. And good for them.

And this also has nothing to do with meat:

A photo showing a concentration camp inmate with a number tattooed across his emaciated chest was juxtaposed against a shot of a monkey in a laboratory with a number branded across its chest.

But it's how humans were treated elsewhere not long ago either.

So again, I have no axe to grind for or against PETA (dont' really care), but I'm always painfully aware of how things change. And how fast they change. And how unforgiving change can be.

So (relatively speaking) nobody in the year 2150 will be sitting in Professor Dolphin's class eating their vegetable pills and laughing at archived posts of mine talking about those 'radicals' that wanted to stop giving grants to shave and electrocute monkey balls.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Hey, getta load of this quote from that article:

PETA officials said they had hoped to generate dialogue with the shocking photographs.

Something tells me they got more dialogue than they asked for:

"This is the most hostile audience we’ve had," said PETA volunteer Ben Godwin.

Go figure...idiot.

[edit on 8-9-2005 by Valhall]

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 04:02 PM
link   
PETA= People eating tastey animals

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Thanks, bud; I needed a good laugh!

You have voted MCory1 for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Please tell me this is coming to Atlanta!!!!! To an actual place blacks were bought and sold!!!

I know a few guys that will be there with some baseball bats to teach PETA the true meaning of suffering.......

PETA is such a lame duck orginization that they have to resort to this kind of exhibit to spark "dialogue"...well the reason they need this trash is because people are sick and tired of listening to their old "dialogue".

I like meat....I like to wear the skin of another animal on my feet.......the only reason any of these animals(cow, chicken, pig) are not extinct is because they are tasty when roasted over a fire until they reach 180 degrees in the center. If we did not find a use for them ,we would have killed them off 1000's of years ago. And the smaller the cage the better, I like my meat tender.

I love animals (got a dawg I wouldn't take 1,000,000 for.......wellllll never say never....sorry Lady) but never liked PETA . PETA "cooks their books" in their "adoption" centers to show a higher % of adoptions when actuallity they were busted in NC for dumping dead dogs and cats (from their adoption center) in the back of a supermarket dumpster in the middle of the night...This was from of their "no kill centers"...but since they couldn't find the dogs and cats homes and had them for 30 days, they decided the best thing to do for the animal was to kill it and dump it in a dumpster...around 30 or so animals total..someone has a thread on here about it already and I am a lazy meat-eater and too lazy to surf for it because I did just eat 2 cheeseburgers

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
So (relatively speaking) nobody in the year 2150 will be sitting in Professor Dolphin's class eating their vegetable pills and laughing at archived posts of mine talking about those 'radicals' that wanted to stop giving grants to shave and electrocute monkey balls.

Of course, who would want to prevent such shake and bake research as simian testicular immolation? The thought of you standing between me and some lab coated degenerate that wanted to ritualistically shorn and shock my family jewels leaves me less than comforted...

Shock The Monkeys, not just for touring with Peter Gabriel anymore...

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Anyone want to learn about PETA, go look at the South Park episode about them, really funny!

Have you seen the episode of Penn & Teller's Bull@#$% that dealt with PETA? They completely destroyed any credibility they might have had (and made me laugh doing it!). It's an awesome show...

Originally posted by SIRR1
PETA, Open mouth, insert foot!

Ironic, considering they all claim to be vegetarians...

[edit on 8/9/2005 by ThunderCloud]

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I've always wanted to go to a PETA demonstration with a PETA sign that reads: Please Eradicate These A$$h0le$

Actually I haven't always wanted to do this, I just kinda thought of the idea will reading this thread, but I now seriously want to so that later on I can say I've always wanted to, honestly.

D

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 02:52 AM
link   
I've always wanted to tell all of them to go get a real job.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 03:27 AM
link   
If God didn't want us to eat animals, he shouldn't have made them out of meat!

PETA doesn't even get it! Look at their response:

"We realize these images are hurtful. It’s hard for me to imagine the hurt the animals go through. We should be treating animals according to their own best interests, not to the best interests of people,"

We're not talking about humane treatment now. We're talking about a human-animal equality.

Peta can (ba)CK off. Yeah... BACK off, that's what I really mean lol I certainly didn't parenthesize the "ba" because I would rather put two other letters in that word.
It's called a food chain! Somebody is going to die- either of being eaten or of stravation. Doesn't matter if its a plant, an animal, or a human- somebody is going to die. We don't have to prioritize luckily, because nature already did. The food chain is what it is. Anything with a machine gun is at the top. That's the rule. For now, that means humans. Later chimps might finally make it up there.

A logical proposition: If my need to eat does not eclipse an animal's right to live, but a tiger's need to eat does, then the tiger is more important than me, and therefore the tiger has a right to eat me. Afterall, you never see PETA go into the Zoo and protest the feeding of the tigers, do you? (although if I had three wishes, one of them would be to see PETA go into the cage and try to stop the tiger from eating)
It seems rather obvious that if PETA really believes their own logic down to the bottom of their hearts, they would feed me to a tiger without any remorse or hesitation.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I was really hoping that there would be some PETA supporters in this thread, but I believe that they were all scared away.

That or there is just no one THAT crazy on ATS. Yeah, that's probably why.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Me too, cmdr.

A friend of mine is a vegan, and a staunch supporter of PETA. I've spent hours arguing with her over all of it. She continues to support those people who blow up chicken houses and whatnot, and claims it's not terrorism.

There's a fundamental difference between animals and humans. That doesn't even matter, though, because there's something bigger at play. We are humans, and as we're higher up on the food chain, we eat things below us, animals included. We don't eat people. It's simple nature. Animals would eat us too because that's what species do. They eat.

I also fail to see why killing animals is wrong, and killing plants is okay.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
I was really hoping that there would be some PETA supporters in this thread, but I believe that they were all scared away.

That or there is just no one THAT crazy on ATS. Yeah, that's probably why.

I mean I support their right to exist (said while eating a chicken sandwich).

And they can witness their anti-meat cult til the cows come home (har) as far as I'm concerned. But I'll never actively support any prohibitionist movement seeking dominion over other's rights in any regard (said on way to smoke a cigarette).

I'm a [real] liberal damnit.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join