It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you become a mason?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
how long does it take to rise in the degress of the scottish rite?

In the United States and Canada, the degrees are usually conferred over two weekends, twice per year, at Reunions. Master Masons apply to join the Scottish Rite, and receive those degrees one right after the other.

Some Scottish Rite Temples will hold one day classes, so people can go all the way in a day. In the Mother Jurisdiction, there are five degrees that are mandatory, i.e., that must be worked in full ceremony: the 4th, 14th, 18th, 30th, and 32nd. The other degrees are optional. In one day classes, only the 5 mandatory ones are worked. For all the remaining degrees, a summary is simply read to the candidates.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikedw
I think they did ask for my SSN on the petition and also about any previous covictions. I did have a bankruptcy on my credit history from about eight years before and nothing was ever said of it. They do interview you and as long as you seem to be a decent person, you have nothing to worry about.
In my state asking for an SSN on the petition is verboten, though possibly a good idea... We do have a question about prior felonies an we recently caught a brother in a lie concerning that. We'd like to be able to do background checks to prevent that happening again, but not being able to ask for an SSN might limit that ability.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light
In the United States and Canada, the degrees are usually conferred over two weekends, twice per year, at Reunions. Master Masons apply to join the Scottish Rite, and receive those degrees one right after the other.

Some Scottish Rite Temples will hold one day classes, so people can go all the way in a day. In the Mother Jurisdiction, there are five degrees that are mandatory, i.e., that must be worked in full ceremony: the 4th, 14th, 18th, 30th, and 32nd. The other degrees are optional. In one day classes, only the 5 mandatory ones are worked. For all the remaining degrees, a summary is simply read to the candidates.
In my jurisdiction we try to do 3 reunions a year. They'll either be one day or start on a Friday night and then run all day Saturday. Even when we do a one day, we try to squeeze about 10 degrees worked, and the ones that aren't mandatory, we're trying to rotate through so they all get done within a 2 year cycle or so. Keeps them fresh, dusts off degrees that hardly ever get seen or worked, and gives members who aren't a part of degree teams a reason to come to reunions.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
BEWARE..!
BEWARE..!
BEWARE..!

*** This is proselytizing and recruiting ***

Deny ignorance before, by Reading '' ALL '' the posts in this thread..!

Be smart..!

*** Achilles 13 ***

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Achilles 13
BEWARE..!
BEWARE..!
BEWARE..!

*** This is proselytizing and recruiting ***

Deny ignorance before, by Reading '' ALL '' the posts in this thread..!

Be smart..!

*** Achilles 13 ***

How is this prosyletizing and recruiting?

The OP asked "How do you become a mason?"

It sounds like that's exactly what people are trying to answer.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Don't let your self be mislead, DENY IGNORANCE..!

- Before a trip we check the weather chanel AND a road map...
- In a dark room, we open the light before going in...

So...Deny Ignorance..! have a criticle mind...
and think twice...before going throw those doors..!

****** '' Stop the Freemasonry's proselytizing and recruiting on ATS '' ******

We, the ATS's, Gentlemen, Conspiracy Theorists, are here to expose conspiracies

*** Achilles 13 ***

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Achilles 13

lolwut?

he asked about our ancient institution, so he will receive answers from us fellow masons that belong to ATS. i don't see what the problem is here if you don't want to read our answers then don't come onto this thread and read the info we type.

we aren't recruiting, we are not aloud to recruit, you must come of your own free will and accord.

2B1ASK1

mk?

<< 1  2  3   >>

join