Warning! Watching these videos could do a 180 on your views on Freemasonry

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Hey..Fiorina...there's no need to turn it into a trolling game.

That does nothing for your credibility, let alone that of anyone else.

If you disagree, great - but at least give reasons instead of just trolling.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by sebatwerk
Then it's obvious that these videos are lying or misinforming regarding what Freemasonry, as an institution does. Freemasonry is a school, nothing more. How can a school be "intertwined" with political control, especially when it doesn't involve itself in politics?

Why then is the duke of kent the GM of UK masonry? Your telling me its mere coincidence and it could have been joe bloggs the dustbin man?!?!

Is it just coincidence tha its the most powerful and rich people that make it to the higer echelons of this little boys club?

Or is it coincidence that the seat of ssome of the greatest power the earth hath ever seen (Washington DC) is built by masons?
They are so proud of thie ferat they have littered the citywith their symbols etc.

Please this veil of "we-only-get-together-on-weekens-coz-we-enjoy-these -funky-hand-jives" excuse is just incredible, when the evidence to the contrary is staring us in the face.

[edit on 12/8/2005 by Corinthas]

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 07:31 AM
link   
You have voted Cug for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month.

Thanks, Cug, for the post refuting the tabloid journalism against Crowley. I'm not a Thelemite, but nevertheless have a respect for him due to his high level of scolarship in esoteric matters.

Needless to say, 99% of the stuff that the fundamentalist fanatics write about Crowley is pure B.S. In fact, Crowley regularly recorded everything that he experimented with, be it Magick, consciousness-altering substances, etc. If Crowley didn't write about it, chances are the claims are a hoax.

Furthermore, most of these people either ignore, or are ignorant themselves, of Crowley's refreshing (although bizarre) sense of humor. He often wrote things out of love for their shock value, with the sole intent of offending the puritans. The cat-killing and keeping a dead body in his closet while in college comes to mind. Although the people who know practically nothing about Crowley can't seem to understand this, during his time he was known as a great practical joker, and carried his leg-pulling over into his writings more than once.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corinthas

Why then is the duke of kent the GM of UK masonry? Your telling me its mere coincidence and it could have been joe bloggs the dustbin man?!?!

In English Freemasonry, it is traditional that the Grand Master is a royal. But it should be noted that in English Masonry, unlike American Masonry, the Grand Master is only a figurehead, with the real administration lying within the authority of the Provincial Grand Master, who indeed could have been "joe bloggs the dustbin man".

Is it just coincidence tha its the most powerful and rich people that make it to the higer echelons of this little boys club?

That's nonsense. The only thing a Brother needs to "make it ti the higher echelons" of Masonry are the votes of the members.

Or is it coincidence that the seat of ssome of the greatest power the earth hath ever seen (Washington DC) is built by masons?

Again, untrue. Washington D.C. was built by construction workers.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Again, untrue. Washington D.C. was built by construction workers.

LoL ML thats a good one!

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light
You have voted Cug for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month.

Yeah, greatly deserved indeed.

I'm sure any mason would've explained it away the same way Cug did. Big deal.

I still stand behind what I said earlier.

Thanks, Cug, for the post refuting the tabloid journalism against Crowley. I'm not a Thelemite, but nevertheless have a respect for him due to his high level of scolarship in esoteric matters.

You know what, I find more enlightenment in ME than I do with Crowley's chaotic literature.

Why don't you study the great teachings of great philosophers instead? To me, that makes more sense. Sex Magick, Occult, Tarots, and all of Crowley's demented writings don't do a damn thing for the further evolvement of the human race.

Needless to say, 99% of the stuff that the fundamentalist fanatics write about Crowley is pure B.S. In fact, Crowley regularly recorded everything that he experimented with, be it Magick, consciousness-altering substances, etc. If Crowley didn't write about it, chances are the claims are a hoax.

I wouldn't dare to even look what went on in Crowley's consciousness even if he was holding the greatest secrets of the universe

Furthermore, most of these people either ignore, or are ignorant themselves, of Crowley's refreshing (although bizarre) sense of humor. He often wrote things out of love for their shock value, with the sole intent of offending the puritans. The cat-killing and keeping a dead body in his closet while in college comes to mind. Although the people who know practically nothing about Crowley can't seem to understand this, during his time he was known as a great practical joker, and carried his leg-pulling over into his writings more than once.

Yeah, you really said it. BIZARRE. But refreshing? HA! We definitely don't have the same type of humor. Shock value? If I want to see shock value, I'll watch Jerry Springer.

Crowley, a great practical joker.

Sigh, he truly is a great man. Can I be a mason now?

Cug

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Thanks ML!

That's something I never understood. Just using things that really happened should be enough for the fanatics to hate him. Really I don't care if someone hates him, but I would like the reason for the hate to be something that actually happened.

The thing I find troubling is the same type of missinformation is out there in the occult/pagan comunity also. You should see how some Wiccans react when the subject of Crowley is brought up.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by eudaimonia

Why don't you study the great teachings of great philosophers instead? To me, that makes more sense. Sex Magick, Occult, Tarots, and all of Crowley's demented writings don't do a damn thing for the further evolvement of the human race.

Now I have heard everything. Batgirl tells Masonic Light to study philosophy.

I couldn't laugh any harder if I tried. I am beside myself.

Who has the popcorn?

[edit on 12-8-2005 by Stegosaur]

Cug

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 04:49 PM
link   

I'm sure any mason would've explained it away the same way Cug did. Big deal.

Why would they? They don't have any connection with Crowley.

So show some evidence to counter what I said.

You know what, I find more enlightenment in ME than I do with Crowley's chaotic literature.

Name one Crowley book you have read.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 04:53 PM
link   

...I'll watch Jerry Springer.

That says more about you than anything you have posted thus far...

And I HEARTILY reccomend you determine who it is you're talking to before you admonish others to study... Masonic Light needs to study philosophy... Oh, the HILARITY!!!

You make me laugh little girl, you really do.

Originally posted by Stegosaur
Who has the popcorn?

[edit on 8/12/05 by The Axeman]

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Axeman
That says more about you than anything you have posted thus far...

You're so clever! I suggest you read it over again. I didn't say I watch Jerry Springer, I said if I had a CHOICE between a madman's nightmarish vision of the world (or as Cug put it, a sinister prankster) and a midget in love with a 90yr old, I think it's pretty obvious which of the two I'll be more entertained.

And I HEARTILY reccomend you determine who it is you're talking to before you admonish others to study... Masonic Light needs to study philosophy... Oh, the HILARITY!!!

It's TOTAL HILARITY! YES! Philosophical teachings from a sex/coc aine addict? YES! A HOOT!

Uh, are you referring to someone else? Just because I have a female movie star as my avatar doesn't automatically give me a sex change.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 05:32 PM
link   

It's TOTAL HILARITY! YES! Philosophical teachings from a sex/coc aine addict? YES! A HOOT!

The point is, you telling Masonic Light that he needs to study philosophy is one of the funniest things I have ever heard of.

Uh, are you referring to someone else? Just because I have a female movie star as my avatar doesn't automatically give me a sex change.

I stand corrected.

*ahem* You make me laugh little guy, you really do.

Happy?

P.S. You should lighten up... Seriously though.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Axeman

P.S. You should lighten up... Seriously though.

That's one thing we agree on.

Cug

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   

You're so clever! I suggest you read it over again. I didn't say I watch Jerry Springer, I said if I had a CHOICE between a madman's nightmarish vision of the world (or as Cug put it, a sinister prankster)

I never said that.

Originally posted by Cug

So show some evidence to counter what I said.

Time to step up!

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Well, isn't that special.

Why don't you study the great teachings of great philosophers instead?

Actually, I hold a B.A. in Philosophy. Go figure.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 06:31 PM
link   

(Oh please please please can I be really juvenile just this once???)

*digs out best Kelso impression*

Did you hear that?...
I thought I heard something sizzling...

Oh wait... that was just eudaimonia recovering from that most excellent BURN!!!

Yeeeeaaahhhh!!!

*claps*

Priceless.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stegosaur

(Oh please please please can I be really juvenile just this once???)

*digs out best Kelso impression*

Did you hear that?...
I thought I heard something sizzling...

Oh wait... that was just eudaimonia recovering from that most excellent BURN!!!

Yeeeeaaahhhh!!!

*claps*

Priceless.

Well, you can't worship two masters. Socrates & Crowley?

That's like me having dinner with Charles Manson and Jesus Christ

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Can you imagine being able to have dinner with Charlie & Hey-Zeus? Talk about one heck of a conversation. I certainly wouldn't miss that opportunity. Bring the camera crew cuz I'm goin' LIVE!

By the way, I don't think finding merit in the philosophical leanings of one person or another (whether it be Crowley, Socrates, Jesus or Manson) necessarily constitutes "worship" of a "master". I think Oprah Winfrey has a lot of good things to say but I don't have a shrine to her either.

Being narrowminded and refusing to acknowledge the validity of anyone else's viewpoint only hurts yourself, spoiling the chance for true personal growth, to build a bridge where once there was a wall. When you blindly follow one shepherd and condemn all else as blasphemy, you run the risk of accomplishing exactly what you intended to avoid: getting fleeced.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Not at all; it's actually impossible to understand crowley without a knowledge of the Socratics. Crowley's mystical philosophy was based on the Qabalah, which was based on Neo-Platonism, which was based on classical Platonism, which was based on the teachings of Plato, who was Socrates' star pupil.

Crowley's moral and political philosophy was based on the works of Friedrich Nietzsche, which was based on the works of Arthur Schopenhaur, which was based on Immanuel Kant, which was based on Neo-Platonism, which was based on classical Platonism, which was based on the teachings of Plato, who was Socrates' star pupil.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Thanks for ALL the media links.

Apparently there's some sort of "I'm a Mason and know everything about it and am all trusting of what I'm told about it from other Masons" versus "Gee, maybe it ain't all good." argument going on here.

Same argument. Different masons.

You have voted eudaimonia for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

[edit on 12-9-2005 by 2nd Hand Thoughts]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join