It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warning! Watching these videos could do a 180 on your views on Freemasonry

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by df1

Originally posted by StickyG
For those interested, some good info to download here about the illuminati and skull & bones. Particularly good are the book "Pandora's Box" and the Bill Schnoebelen mp3s. Bill claims to be an ex 32 degree mason among other things and has some interesting stories to tell.

Some information on Bill Schnoebelen. Draw your own conclusion on his claims.

A bit biased, wouldn't you say? Not exactly the kind of website I would post to defend Schnoebelen, Masons will of course deny everything he says.

Try again.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeonHelmet
Now don’t come saying that G can stand for anything, like goat and gospel and globetrotter and it is up to the individual to interpret it! It stands for Geometry/G-D/Gnosis/GAOTU, don’t deny that!

Bill Schnoebelen says that the Letter "G" stands for generativity, sexual potency.

And that the square and compasses are representations of the generative organs—the "sacred altar" of Witchcraft. The blazing star at the center of the lodge is the Witch’s pentagram, symbol of the god of Satanism, Set.

Taken from:
www.jesus-is-savior.com...

Yes, I know, it's a christian site. I just want to know if generative and if the square and compasses being generative organs had any truth to it.

Found another link with pages from the book THE SYMBOLISM OF FREEMASONRY that says on page 112,

"Perfectly to understand this symbol, I must refer, as a preliminary matter, to the worship of the Phallus, a peculiar modification of sun-worship, which prevailed to a great extent among the nations of antiquity.

The Phallus was a sculptured representation of the membrum virile, or male organ of generation, *) and the worship of it is said to have originated in Egypt, where, after the murder of Osiris by Typhon, which is symbolically to be explained as the destruction or deprivation of the sun's light by night, Isis, his wife, or the symbol of nature, in the search for his mutilated body, is said to have found all the parts except the organs of generation, which myth is simply symbolic of the fact, that the sun having set, its fecundating and invigorating power had ceased. The Phallus, therefore, as the symbol of the male generative principle, was very universally venerated a!nong the ancients, +) and that too as a religious rite, without the slightest reference to any impure or lascivious"

more on The Symbolism of Freemasonry

Any thoughts on that?

Oh and I haven’t watched the videos! So can’t say anything about them! Nor have I read any of the links provided!

If anyone wants to view those videos, I updated the links on the 2nd page.

[edit on 10-8-2005 by eudaimonia]

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Oh wow! You really showed us AngelWitch! You really proved to us once and for all that Freemasonry is 100% Pure In Heart! Give me a break. That's like saying, "Oh my goodness, McDonalds has donated so much money to sick and needy children, oh..wait, I just remembered, they sell poison." How is this even relevant to what we're talking about? I'm sure there is a nice group of masons out there but I still question their beliefs and practices.

Wasn't trying to show you anything, you obviously have issues discerning the truth from lies anyway.
All you're doing is posting some completely biased and misinformed trash, and declaring it fact.
Masonry is in FACT benevolent, which is far more than I can say for the motives of the creator of the trash you posted.

As for the practices and beliefs, you don't have a clue nor do the crackpots at www.jesus-is-savior.com.

PS I tried your updated links and they say it's unavailable.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by eudaimonia
Bill Schnoebelen says that the Letter "G" stands for generativity, sexual potency.

And that the square and compasses are representations of the generative organs—the "sacred altar" of Witchcraft. The blazing star at the center of the lodge is the Witch’s pentagram, symbol of the god of Satanism, Set.

Yes, I know, it's a christian site. I just want to know if generative and if the square and compasses being generative organs had any truth to it.

No, the letter "G" does not stand for Generativity, and the square and compass are not representative of sexual organs. Not even close! There have been MANY claims by anti-masons regarding Freemasonry and symbolism of sex organs, such as the masonic aprons being used to cover the groin, blah blah blah. There's absolutely no truth to any of it.

I think it's usually Christian anti-mason sites that claim things regarding Freemasonry and sex symbolism because they see all those things as being associated with satan, so therefore they will try to find anything to accuse Freemasonry of being satanic.

Cug

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Well first Witches don't give a hoot about Satanism and their pentagram represents no such thing. Not to mention they don't have the square and compass on their alter.

"Perfectly to understand this symbol, I must refer, as a preliminary matter, to the worship of the Phallus, a peculiar modification of sun-worship, which prevailed to a great extent among the nations of antiquity.

The Phallus was a sculptured representation of the membrum virile, or male organ of generation, *) and the worship of it is said to have originated in Egypt, where, after the murder of Osiris by Typhon, which is symbolically to be explained as the destruction or deprivation of the sun's light by night, Isis, his wife, or the symbol of nature, in the search for his mutilated body, is said to have found all the parts except the organs of generation, which myth is simply symbolic of the fact, that the sun having set, its fecundating and invigorating power had ceased. The Phallus, therefore, as the symbol of the male generative principle, was very universally venerated a!nong the ancients, +) and that too as a religious rite, without the slightest reference to any impure or lascivious"

That's ok, but what's that have to do with Masonery?

If anyone wants to view those videos, I updated the links on the 2nd page.

Nope I'm on dial-up. Can you tell me in your own words what they are saying?

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by sebatwerk
No, the letter "G" does not stand for Generativity, and the square and compass are not representative of sexual organs. Not even close! There have been MANY claims by anti-masons regarding Freemasonry and symbolism of sex organs, such as the masonic aprons being used to cover the groin, blah blah blah. There's absolutely no truth to any of it.

You're kidding, right? That's absurd.

BTW, not a Mason myself, even I know what the "G" stands for. And it make complete sense. Abstract thinking not required.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

BTW, not a Mason myself, even I know what the "G" stands for. And it make complete sense. Abstract thinking not required.

Nope, I'm not kidding at all. That nonsense has actually been repeated here several times by some of the more annoying trolls.

If you ask me, or MOST masons, they will tell you that just about ALL explanations for the meanings of symbols in Freemasonry make perfect sense. I also don't understand why people want to tell us they mean something other than the very obvious meanings that have already been given to them! :bnghd:

Cug

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 04:58 PM
link   
intrepid,

Are you just referring to the meaning of "G" or everything in his post?

Because the square and compass if they represent anything sexual.. would both represent the female. And that is not what a phallic worshiper would use. (speaking as a member of what could be called a solar phallic religion)

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Sorry Cug for being unclear, 2 different points. I bolded one for the first reply and the "G" for the other.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Nope, I'm not kidding at all. That nonsense has actually been repeated here several times by some of the more annoying trolls.

If you ask me, or MOST masons, they will tell you that just about ALL explanations for the meanings of symbols in Freemasonry make perfect sense. I also don't understand why people want to tell us they mean something other than the very obvious meanings that have already been given to them! :bnghd:

So now I'm a troll?

Know what, just keep bashing that head of yours, maybe some of that LIGHT you keep searching for hasn't penetrated far enough.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cug
intrepid,

Are you just referring to the meaning of "G" or everything in his post?

Because the square and compass if they represent anything sexual.. would both represent the female. And that is not what a phallic worshiper would use. (speaking as a member of what could be called a solar phallic religion)

Well, what about Albert Pike? You know him right? I'm sure most masons do.

This is what Pike said:

"Albert Pike states within Morals and Dogma [page 631-32] that the Monad [#1] is male, and the Duad [#2] is female. Their sexual union produces the Triad [#3], which is "represented by the letter 'G', the generative principle." This term, "generative principle," is code for the sex act."

I guess he's lying right? Or maybe a troll?

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 05:06 PM
link   

So now I'm a troll?

I saw no indication he was talking about you. In fact it seemed that he was talking about the past.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Actually, I just was listening to a debate today between the guys at Ephisians 5-11 (one of the debaters on their side is a founder of the "Order of Former Freemasons) and Howard L. Woods, Grand Master of Prince Hall Masons of Arkansas(2004), and he (the Grand Master) said that the Apron was a "symbol of innocence and upright conduct, and it covers the one part of the body guaranteed to take us to Hell" (referring to the groin)

I couldn't believe it, either. Perhaps that is merely his interpretation, though.

I have the .ram file on my hard drive, but I have no place to host it.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   
This could of course be incorrect, but I did a "G"oogle search on "G" and this particular site claims it stands for "G"eometry.

www.yorkrite.com...

"And like all symbols, they have a meaning.

The Square symbolizes things of the earth, and it also symbolizes honor, integrity, truthfulness, and the other ways we should relate to this world and the people in it. The Compasses symbolize things of the spirit, and the importance of a well-developed spiritual life, and also the importance of self-control -- of keeping ourselves within bounds. The G stands for Geometry, the science which the ancients believed most revealed the glory of God and His works in the heavens, and it also stands for God, Who must be at the center of all our thoughts and of all our efforts.

The meanings of most of the other Masonic symbols are obvious. The gavel teaches the importance of self-control and self-discipline. The hourglass teaches us that time is always passing, and we should not put off important decisions."

I don't know what this "Sacred Geometry" is that you are talking about, but people have always considered geometry to be sacred dating back to the days of the Egyptians and the Greeks.

Many altruistic and paranormal effects have been attributed to geometric arrangements of patterns in our lives and the planets. Euclid first observed the classic set of solid shapes and forms and pioneered Euclidian geometry.

Most of the modern symbols and geometric forms posted in the above diagrams are simply creative combinations of some of the more fundamental geometrical shapes.

The Great Pyramids of Egypt are frequently used as a symbol, and even appear on our dollar bill. But this is not so much a conspiracy as it is simply an artists rendition of a popular symbol. This symbol has been developed over time, and added to and modified, so that it takes on a mythical context, the same way the Holy Grail does. Does the Holy Grail exist? Some think it does some do not.

The point of this is simply that of course there are various aspects of masonry, as there are in other areas of life, that are geometrical.

For some reason the Egyptian pyramids always seem to be a common thing ... but there are other cultures that also built pyramids. I would say from the geometry of the pyramid on the US dollar, that it is more similar to the Mayan pyramids than it is to the Egyptian ones based on the width and height ratio.

But that would not make sense because what you are claiming is that it perhaps pre-existed the formation of the US and therefore all masons are controlling public policy by anonymously controlling our dollar bill artwork.

It's a funny thing, but I don't see any truth to it.

On the other hand, there are claims that certain cities and neighborhoods that are laid out with masonic symbolism in it, most notably Washington DC and there is a town in Ohio whose name escapes me currently, but that was designed with the square and compass geometry in mind.

These again are not so much conspiracies as they are creative implementations by the architect.

An architect has a certain amount of artistic leeway in their craft. If the architect also happens to have interest in masonic symbolism, these symbols might appear in their work either purposefully or accidentally. However, I still don't see any conspiracy in the geometry.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cug
intrepid,

This is what Pike said:

"Albert Pike states within Morals and Dogma [page 631-32] that the Monad [#1] is male, and the Duad [#2] is female. Their sexual union produces the Triad [#3], which is "represented by the letter 'G', the generative principle." This term, "generative principle," is code for the sex act."

I guess he's lying right? Or maybe a troll?

No, it says

in the center is the Hebrew Jod, the Animating spirit of fire, the generative principle, represtned by the letter g, initial of the name of the Deity in the languages of the North, and the meaning whereof is Generation.

It stands for the one god, where all life is from, not from sexual intercourse. Do you have the book? or are you reading off of some site posting half of the quotes? I have the book, and it is a worthwile read.

Pike states that the letter G ( not nessesarily combined with the S&C)can represent many things. On page 640, he states it represnts God and Geometry, on Page 632, the Generative Principle ( God), on 780, Geperaith (signifying sulpher).

[edit on 10-8-2005 by wiggy]

Cug

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I'm sorry intrepid, I totally missread your post!

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   

So now I'm a troll?

Know what, just keep bashing that head of yours, maybe some of that LIGHT you keep searching for hasn't penetrated far enough.

Where did I call YOU a troll? What the hell are you talking about? Like Intrepid said, there is no indication whatsoever that I was talking about YOU, but rather talking about trolls from the past.

Not everything revolves around you, understand?

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Looks like I was too late. I clicked on the second links for the videos, but I cannot download because it says the link has expired.

"Unfortunately, the link you have clicked is not available.

Your transfer cannot be completed. Most likely the file has exceeded its allotted bandwidth or has been removed by the original sender or a recipient."

Looks like something doesn't want me to see the videos.

Sorry eudaimonia I wish ATS could host files that big, I don't suppose you would upload again to another site just for me?

edit: You know what I find funny? That this thread has turned into yet another bashing fest. When the fact is no one even viewed the VIDEOS!!!! The entire thread is about veiwing the videos. And if anyone here has had as much trouble as me with downloading them. I'm sure few if anyone has seen them.

[edit on 8-10-2005 by CPYKOmega]

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by CPYKOmega

Looks like I was too late. I clicked on the second links for the videos, but I cannot download because it says the link has expired.

"Unfortunately, the link you have clicked is not available.

Your transfer cannot be completed. Most likely the file has exceeded its allotted bandwidth or has been removed by the original sender or a recipient."

Looks like something doesn't want me to see the videos.

Sorry eudaimonia I wish ATS could host files that big, I don't suppose you would upload again to another site just for me?

Arg! I'd like some suggestions where I can upload huge files without a limit on downloads, and on a server that's FAST! yousendit has a 25 DL limit, megaupload is slow, so where can I do this? I also want to upload this other video, but it's 580mb 2hours and it goes behind the scenes in a Masonic Ritual. Help?

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Arg! I'd like some suggestions where I can upload huge files without a limit on downloads, and on a server that's FAST! yousendit has a 25 DL limit, megaupload is slow, so where can I do this? I also want to upload this other video, but it's 580mb 2hours and it goes behind the scenes in a Masonic Ritual. Help?

Here you go..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join