It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone used the Bible Code to pick their Lottery numbers?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Yeah-yeah...call me the Devil incarnate, (I'm sure some Jewish readers are doing just that, as they are spinning infront of their monitors RIGHT NOW!) but this just might settle this Bible Code thing once and for all. Can you, or can't you, use the Bible Code to pick Lottery numbers? If so, then how?

Each Hebrew letter has a corrisponding number. This should be easy!

[edit on 9-8-2005 by Toelint]

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I can't answer you question of HOW, but no, i think the bible code is just some crazy guys lucky find. I mean come on, they found some of the same kind of stuff in moby dick!!

I applude you for thinking of using it for that kind of stuff though, very clever!

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   
The Bible Code is just as valid of a source as the William Shakesphere Code.
Take all of Shakesphere's works, put them all into one book.
Now massage it, put it through various data grinders and you also will be able to predict the future.
Beleive me!

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Personally I do use the Bible to pick the lottery, I also use horoscopes to dictate what I eat, Buddhism to schedule bowel movements and aboriginal dog & snake people myths to pick a life partner.

You may think I'm crazy but I'd rather use 2,000 YO garbled fairy stories than ever be responsible for my own actions. I find life much simpler and less-challenging that way!

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 08:43 PM
link   
While you couldn't use it to pick lottery numbers, you could use it to pick, say, Paris Hilton's next husband. Or the next President of the US.

...and that will give you an idea exactly how reliable it is (I personally bet you can't do it reliably.)

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Or just use the simple random number generator in MS Excel. About as reliable as the mythical 'Bible Code'.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 02:33 AM
link   
LOL You guys are the only TRUE Geniuses I know! Okay, here's at least ONE method I'd like someone to try. (If you're up to tweeking and possibly distroying your loaded Bible code sofeware.)

As I said earlier, each Hebrew letter has a numerical value. Take your software and tweek it so it searches letters in groups of two. Have the program then convert the letters to numbers. You might have to convert the letters to numbers first.

Assuming you can still operate it, search out the dates that the lottery has its draws. (In Hebrew, this would look like 07/04/57/65.)

Then, have your program search out patterns, with letters (now converted to numbers) that have a value less than 56 (for, say, the MegaMillions Lottery)with the last set being less than 47 (The mega number has to fall between 1 and 46), I'm also guessing that it's best if the date and the numbers you find fall on the same page.

There ya have it. Although, I'm assuming it WON'T work. I'm just following what I think is the most logical method finding out if it MIGHT work, ya know?

BTW, if you actually DO all this and hit the biggie...SPLIT IT WITH ME!

P.S. Excel has a random number generator? I'll be darned!

[edit on 10-8-2005 by Toelint]

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Uh, I think if the bible code existed, which it doesn't, it would be used to prophesy IMPORTANT THINGS!!!

What were we supposed to do here?

Deny something...

...what was that again?

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaos
Uh, I think if the bible code existed, which it doesn't, it would be used to prophesy IMPORTANT THINGS!!!

What were we supposed to do here?

Deny something...

...what was that again?

Deny Poverty! Deny Randomness? Deny Cinderblock...Deny Shortcake...

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Name just one thing (well, other than absolute power) that has EVER been more important to the church than money. I think that if the Bible Code really predicts ANYTHING that it probably is something somehow related to money.
Especially with my church- let me tell you man. Constant fund raising drives. They drove me away. Whole new spin on Bryan's "crucifixion on a cross of gold".

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Money's always the bottom line. Or land, or the exploitation of people for labor.

Anything that is profit driven, I'm sorry, is not very spiritual.

Christianity. Pshhh....

You think Islam has been hijacked?

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Deny stupidtude. Deny randomness... yes that's appropriate.

Deny trolling. Deny button pushing. Deny notariety. Deny.... reaching.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Actually I kind of wonder if Islam might have always been that way. Same for Christianity in fact. The more things change the more things stay the same you know. There is very little denying the Jesus was a political figure, and as far as my reading of the bible goes, none of the apostles had REAL jobs during the three years they spent with him.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Ok, here's an idea.

Maybe the Jews wrote the Bible with lotteries in mind. They sent to the future, with the Hebrew Bible, to the Jews of the future, messages. Telling them to start lotteries! Which they then did.

Then, they told them specifically when to fix the lotteries, and in whose favor, who of course, would be a Jew.

Yeah, that sounds like a Jew to me....

Good Lord, Toelint, you might just be on to something.

(Disclaimer: Everything preceding this disclaimer is fecetious, and should not be taken as otherwise).

[edit on 10-8-2005 by DeltaChaos]

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Did i miss something?

Whats more important than money?

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Ok, here's an idea.

Maybe the Jews wrote the Bible with lotteries in mind. They sent to the future, with the Hebrew Bible, to the Jews of the future, messages. Telling them to start lotteries! Which they then did.

Then, they told them specifically when to fix the lotteries, and in whose favor, who of course, would be a Jew.

Yeah, that sounds like a Jew to me....

Good Lord, Toelint, you might just be on to something.

(Disclaimer: Everything preceding this disclaimer is fecetious, and should not be taken as otherwise).

[edit on 10-8-2005 by DeltaChaos]

Hey...wait a minute...I think YOU'RE on to something here!! (And stop being so darn humble.) I'm telling ya, there's the Sci-Fi Channel Serial in here!

P.S., You did know the original Twleve Tribes divied up Israel using a lottery system, didn't you?

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Aw, come on people! It's been three days since I started this thread...and the BIG drawing in tomorrow! Surely someone in here owns a Bible Code program to give it a go!

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toelint
Deny Shortcake...

Not the shortcake...

Anywho, weird stuff does come out of randomness.

new topics

top topics

join