It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars close encounter 57,617 BC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 09:42 AM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

Mars and Earth pass closer to each other on Wednesday than at any time during the last 60,000 years. Helen Briggs looks at what life might have been like the last time it happened, in 57, 617 BC.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Cool. Liked the article, GOOD MAN.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 05:17 PM
link   
all this bullshyte needs to stop. 60 thousand years africa and my ancestors were thriving in a trinity of love for the creator and all that is this supposed new world # is blastphemy and for your lack of respect for these men of african descent for their ancient wisdom will be forever recgonized as those who act in way will have to live with their decisions call it cosmic retribution.

ID

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 05:44 PM
link   
It is events like these that make me glad to be living in the time that I am. We got the turn of the millennium we got this Mars thing and we got 2012. No other generation can come close to that.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I watched it. I was sitting in my front garden at 1:30 last night with a beer and a big smoke, reflecting on the fact that I had to be up in four and a half hours for a full day in the office.

Mars was spectacular. It was a jewel in the sky. Even though it was slightly hazy (I could only see a few stars) Mars was bright enough that it was causing the lens-flare effect in my eye agains the black sky, which is why it looked like a jewel to me.

It will be pretty close for a few weeks, so you haven't really missed it.

This software

winstars.free.fr...

Is superb and free, it shows the night sky and is very easy to use if you are having trouble finding mars or any other planet. Blah blah blah.

[Edited on 28-8-2003 by Zzub]

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zzub
I watched it. I was sitting in my front garden at 1:30 last night with a beer and a big smoke, reflecting on the fact that I had to be up in four and a half hours for a full day in the office.

Mars was spectacular. It was a jewel in the sky. Even though it was slightly hazy (I could only see a few stars) Mars was bright enough that it was causing the lens-flare effect in my eye agains the black sky, which is why it looked like a jewel to me.

It will be pretty close for a few weeks, so you haven't really missed it.

This software

winstars.free.fr...

Is superb and free, it shows the night sky and is very easy to use if you are having trouble finding mars or any other planet. Blah blah blah.

[Edited on 28-8-2003 by Zzub]

Thanks alot for the link, this program looks really interestomg.

top topics

join