It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brainwashing little children to join the army in Britain

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 10:36 AM
link   
They have this thing called "Combined Cadet Force" which is setup for teenagers. It is supposed to teach you discipline, responsibility, work as a team etc... and is funded by the Ministry of Defence. We do military things, like shooting, marching and exercises (army exercises) and quite a few people join the army as officers. It's worked on me, and now I want to join the Royal Marines. Not really sure where I'm going with this, but it could be a NWO plot.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Dicipline, responsibility, teamwork......yup! Sounds like that dang 'ole NWO to me!!

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by mashup
They have this thing called "Combined Cadet Force" which is setup for teenagers. It is supposed to teach you discipline, responsibility, work as a team etc... and is funded by the Ministry of Defence. We do military things, like shooting, marching and exercises (army exercises) and quite a few people join the army as officers. It's worked on me, and now I want to join the Royal Marines. Not really sure where I'm going with this, but it could be a NWO plot.

1. You are a member and cannot complain if you are still one surely?
2. I was a member of Cadets as have many others without having been co-erced into the Armed forces.
3. It is soley an opportunity for people of a young age to make new friends, provide them with career insight should they previously be interested in such and also provided subsidesed activities including flying, shooting and outdoor pursuits.

I think CCF and other similar organisations are excellent for providing social guidance and a fun way of allow the youth of today to meet people and have fun...

...all I ever normally hear is that kids get into trouble because they have nothing to do.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   
That's the whole point Klepto! It seems quite harmless, but it could be something a lot more sinister. I agree with you about those things, I love it and have loads of fun in it.

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Are we making something out of nothing here?

Seriously, im a Sea Cadet, and in the past 5 years that i have been there, we have sent about 2, maybe 3 cadets off to join the RN,with 1 more to join the army and another 1 to the marines, out of a cadet turnover of around 100ish.

A generic mission statement for the cadet forces in the UK is to teach young people the worth of community, and to provide them with some moral framework, to teach them self discipline and life skills, and of course, to make friends, not to turn them into ideal recruiting ground for the forces.

And if you yourself have been swayed by the evil corrupt government, why are you complaining about it? If you are being indoctrinated, shouldnt you be singing the praises of the CCF?

Stop seeing conspiracies where there are none.

Krgds,

Rob

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 05:19 PM
link   
We have JROTC here in the US in high schools, and Civil Air Patrol outside of them. I know several people that had no desire to join the military, and never DID join the military that joined CAP or JROTC during their high school years. They said it was one of the best things they ever did, precisely for the reasons you stated. It gave them discipline, taught them to shoot and the PROPER way to use a firearm (several of them were VERY antigun beforehand), and showed them how to work well as a team to meet goals.

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I agree with most of the sentiment here; the organizations you are talking about seem to just be motivated by a sense of camaraderie and responsibility, and likely not as indoctrination camps. However, I'm sure the government has no objections to organizations that teach discipline and military basics to draft-age individuals. As you said, it is funded by your Ministry of Defense - that much says that they have an interest in the services provided by these organizations.

top topics

join