It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alternative to evolution "intelligent design"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 09:44 AM
link   
What do you guys think about this. I didn't know if this topic should go with the Aliens & UFO forum but here it is.

Its intresting to hear Bush explain what he was meaning by " intelligent design." Coming for an extreem right winged Christain standing on everything Bush of all people saying that there "might" be an "intelligent design" theroy. Odd for him, I think, because of how he has politically said out loud that the bible is the word of God.

What I do think is that Bush is trying to loosen the viewers to the idea that " hey we all didn't come for apes" or Bush is just trying to win votes for the next republican march, who knows??!?

I think that with all the shows on ABC, CBS and History Channel..etc the publics knowledge of knowing we might not be the only ones in this universe might not be a bad thing.

Seriously, take a look at this falls line up on shows. There are at least 4 shows about aliens invading earth and others that are just paranormal experiences. Is the media softening us up for the "real deal"?

Is this all adding up to the "disclosure" time? Or is Bush just trying to make us all look like fools.

You decide. What are your thoughts.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure that there is no conspirecy when Bush talks about "ID". I'm sure he is only referring to God as the creator, and not prepping us for disclosure. Especially not that kind of disclosure.

I've said it before, disclosure will never come from the US government.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I think the same way but its just interesting that he is building up to the Alien VS God story that we, ATS members, have had a very large discussion on it.

So where do you think the Disclosure will come from?

The people?

The Media?

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 10:16 AM
link   
If full disclosure ever takes place, I'm afraid it will be soley on the shoulders of the ET beings themselves. In what way, I have no idea.

It is possible that another countries government could attempt to make some kind of disclosure, but they would be quickly "debunked" by one of the Western Super Powers.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 10:38 AM
link   
He means intelligent design as, rather than a series of random events shaping us into what we are, that an intelligence, in this case god, created us to a specific and intelligent design.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Well, what are the thoughts of other ATS people.

I know it will be mixed but can our government take our thoughts and say this is the correct way we became "human" or "intelligent humans"

This is absurd.

My thoughts are that we are of intelligent design. (not God).

Why would an almighty "GOD" create us in his own image and then say
"OKAY THAT IS DONE WHAT IS NEXT, HOW ABOUT SOME EXTRA PLANETS TO MAKE MY NEW CREATIONS GO NUTS OVER THEM" and then just leave us to defend for ourselves? That doesn't make any "intelligent" sense to just leave when you have created something does it?

I think that all the videos of Mexico with UFO's over the country is a sign that "they" are checking up on us. Or maybe they have been doing this for thousands of years and we are just now able to realize who they might be and why they are here.

[edit on 9-8-2005 by texmiller]

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by texmiller
What I do think is that Bush is trying to loosen the viewers to the idea that " hey we all didn't come for apes" or Bush is just trying to win votes for the next republican march, who knows??!?

Both...let's not forget USA has turned more conservative the last decade...it's easier to strip freedoms out of the people when in the 'fear' mode...

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 11:20 AM
link   

posted on 9-8-2005 at 05:06 AM

quote: Originally posted by texmiller

Both...let's not forget USA has turned more conservative the last decade...it's easier to strip freedoms out of the people when in the 'fear' mode...

To true. The US government has stripped alot of our civial freedoms and probable a lot more that we don't know about. Plus they now can get you for your freedom of speach. Did you guys know that now there are plans for designated "area's" for freedom speach. That is just one of the things the Patriot Act has in it that most people didn't know about.

But back to the topic at hand.

What do most ATS people think about this "intelligent design" that Bush is proposing?

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Personally don't see the problem in advocating the study and teaching of competing theories of human origin in the public schools.

I, having taken an extensive amout of advanced evolutionary theory in college, am very aware of many problems with current evolutionary theory - and find it disgusting how they teach it as pure dogma.

I mean the whole point is that it is supposed to be scientific but in glossing over or ignoring flaws in the theory they have turned it into more of a humanstic faith.

I also believe in intelligent design, but not for the reasons championed by most ID experts - many of which have little true understanding of biological principles.

At worst it would teach children how to think critically for themselves and help them understand that there are often more ways than one for trying to understand nature.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 02:42 PM
link   

I mean the whole point is that it is supposed to be scientific but in glossing over or ignoring flaws in the theory they have turned it into more of a humanstic faith.

I totally understand that. My college days are far done and when I took my evolutionary theory classes it was really interesting to see what the flaws were and how many different ways "humans" might have come to be.

I actully had a Catholic Professor raise the Bible up and say " who here believes this is the word of God."
Some people rasied there hands.

Then he asked " Who here believes that we were created by God." Everyone except a couple raised thier hands. Me included because of the peer pressure for standing out.

Then he said " I bet you guys didn't know that this book called the Bible is just a great history book of one mans legacy here on earth" It interesting to me to see how many people can't open thier eyes and see a different way of how life came to be. Mind you this is a Catholic Professor in a private college in a prodomiate Baptise area.

That has stuck with me ever since then. I have been looking for answers since on the difference of "Gods way" and the "evolutionary" way.

Its truely amazing what you can find out there in the research world.

I would be happy to see something come out of this that is positive because people need to have thier eyes open to other ideas then the ones that have been beaten into our heads all our lives.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by texmiller

Why would an almighty "GOD" create us in his own image and then say
"OKAY THAT IS DONE WHAT IS NEXT, HOW ABOUT SOME EXTRA PLANETS TO MAKE MY NEW CREATIONS GO NUTS OVER THEM" and then just leave us to defend for ourselves? That doesn't make any "intelligent" sense to just leave when you have created something does it?

How do you know he has left us? Just because he doesn't sit on a cloud with a "this is god" sign doesn't mean he isn't around.

If you're going to do something, do it right, add some more planets, a whole universe for us to enjoy, god is perfect, what he creates is perfectly how he wants it. His creation would be a bit poor if it only consisted of the sun and one planet wouldn't it?

Also, assuming god exists and is perfect as the bible says what makes sense to him may not to you. He is perfect, he has infinite intelligence, something I don't have and something you don't have.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 10:43 PM
link   
ID is just a stealth attempt to put one specific religion into schools. And for that reason I am totally opposed. If on the other hand a school wishes to have a 'comparative relgions' class where they teach ALL the various creations stories that would be fine.

I felt the same way about that insane Judge Moore's attempt to keep his '10 commandments' hunk of stone in his Courthouse. What many people do not know is that after he had placed that in the Courthouse he rejected other group's attempts to place their ideas alongside. As long as one group keeps attempting to be the only one who is allowed to insert their ideals into the public square I will oppose them. And since the choice seems to be Christanity or Nothing, I choose Nothing.

ID is not Science and has no place in the science classroom.

What probably will seem strange to many people is that I could see ID becomming science when, or if, we can ever prove that ETs were the ones doing the assisting. I see this more in the sense of nudgeing us along the way rather than creation but the theory is similar. The idea, as some have suggested that, GWB knows about Aliens and this ID stuff actually refers to that strike me as wishful thinking at best. If GWB were shown proof that Aliens exist his head would explode.

A.T
(-)

new topics

top topics

join