It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Iran 'has made 4,000 centrifuges'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Until now, the UN's nuclear watchdog was only aware of 164 centrifuges (rotating machines used in separation processes) in Iran's nuclear program. According to sources in the Tehran regime, the number is closer to 4000. These 4000 units have secretly been in production during the negotiations with the EU over the past 21 months.

www.guardian.co.uk
Iran has secretly manufactured around 4,000 centrifuges capable of weapons grade uranium enrichment - 25 times the quantity it has admitted to the UN, it was claimed today.
Alireza Jafarzadeh, an exiled Iranian dissident who in 2002 helped to uncover almost two decades of covert Iranian nuclear activity, said the centrifuges - rotating machines used in separation processes - were ready to be installed at Iran's nuclear facility in Natanz.

Mr Jafarzadeh, who runs Strategic Policy Consulting, a Washington-based thinktank focusing on Iran and Iraq, said the information - which he described as "very recent" - had come from sources within the Tehran regime that had proved to be accurate in the past.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Aside from weapons production, these centrifuges can be used for generation of nuclear energy as well. That is exactly what Iran is telling the UN they are being used for. The problem is the fact that they have been hidden from inspectors for over a year of negotiations. As of now, Iran is not being addressed by the UN security council.

Related News Links:
www.guardian.co.uk
www.guardian.co.uk

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
NEWS: Iran Will Reopen Nuclear Facility

[edit on 10-8-2005 by John bull 1]

[edit on 11-8-2005 by John bull 1]

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 08:08 AM
link   
So how much enrihed uranium do you need to run a energy program? 4000 to me smacks of wepaons production. They may indeed want to make electricty, but wepaons seems to be the #1 goal.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 08:24 AM
link   
For whoever voted no for this due to it being a "repeat", can you please list the ATSNN thread that is already discussing the 4000 centrifuges?

Thanks!

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Alireza Jafarzadeh, an exiled Iranian dissident

Well he couldnt possibly have ulterior motives in saying anything to get the existing regime removed could he? I'd take this testimony with a very large grain of salt.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 09:39 AM
link   
There is a duplicate thread found here, but yours was first up.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Once again, to whoever is voting no based on this being a "repeat", please post the existing ATSNN upgraded thread that is covering the 4000 centrifuge issue. As Fred T already showed, there is another thread that was posted after this, but that is it.

I don't care if this gets upgraded or not, I just want it voted "no" for the right reasons.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   
The guy who's saying this is a spokesman for the the Mujahedin e-Khalq terror group that was involved in the overthrow of the Shah and the U.S. embassy takeover in 1979.

He says the following about his group's goal: "(MEK’s) only focus is on overthrowing the clerics in Iran," link

He definetly has an agenda and that damages his credibility in my eyes.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Sounds to me like someone in Iran wants to blow up the world little by little.

Is there really any peaceful justification for 4000 centrifuges?

Is it really even a fact that they've made 4000 centrifuges? Maybe not.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 02:00 AM
link   
This is the same guy who said Iran had plans to put 6,000 nuclear warheads in America and blow them up. He seems to like these outrageous figures to build up the perception of an Iranian threat.

www.spconsulting.us...

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Well, it looks like Iran has removed the seals from the uranium-converting equipment at its plant in Isfahan. The plant is officially underway.

Iran Removes Seals at Nuclear Site

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by mpeake
Well, it looks like Iran has removed the seals from the uranium-converting equipment at its plant in Isfahan. The plant is officially underway.

Iran Removes Seals at Nuclear Site

i hope they stick to a friendly nuclear program.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Peaceful? Sorry, anything but. Years ago, maybe even a decade ago, I recall Iran stating that "someone" should aquire a nuke to hit Israel. It doesn't surprise me that Iran is now in the defiant shoes of Sadam. He did after all send his jets there to keep them from being obliterated and considering the 8 yr war between the two you'd think it would be the last place for refuge... unless of course they are all banding together (enemy of my enemy) which is a silly thought isn't it?

Bible code software PREDICTS that WMD's will be used in 2005, smuggled through Syria into the Bekka valley... time will tell.
Get right with the Lord people, I'm not saying this out of a religious fanaticism, I am saying this because of my Love for all. The end time is approaching at a breakneck speed... don't get caught with a disbelief.
It's your choice and I'll leave it at that.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I am having a really wierd flashback...
haven't we been here before?

shouldn't the drum beat of "what are they hiding from the inspectors" start about now...

cue the critics....NOW!

"well, we will look into these allegations of centrifuge construction... because when they do that, they violate there promise"

cue the drum beat of "search for the centrifuges".... NOW!

"we will find these centrifuges thru the UN, and if the UN doesn't find them, then we will go in and find them ourselves"

cue the first military action.....NOW!

"we, the embedded reporters, are being allowed total access to this vehicle divisions advance into iran, in the pursuit of the hidden centrifuges..."
the cruise missles are flying overhead, taking out armored iranian troops in advance of our location..."

"we have arrived at the alleged location of the centrifuges... they have obviously just been moved... we suspect they are on their way to Syria..."

any of this ring a bell? can anyone hear the drumbeat yet?
anyone notice how there is not ONE shred of evidence that there are any undeclared centrifuges other than "cited sources that have been reliable in the past" DOES THAT EXACT COMMENT NOT RING A BELL? does the phrase "bad intellegence that we didn't check into properly" ring a bell?

all I can say is "dumb dumb dee dumb dumb dee dumb dumb... which is exactly what this alleged info is...dumb...

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I have to side with Lazarus on this one. We only have one facility right here in the U.S. that refines Uranium. (How many Centrifuges it has, I have no idea.) But to believe Iran has 4,000 of them?

Hmm...wouldn't they be tripp'n over these darn things?

[edit on 10-8-2005 by Toelint]

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong
I am having a really wierd flashback...
haven't we been here before?

shouldn't the drum beat of "what are they hiding from the inspectors" start about now...

cue the critics....NOW!

"well, we will look into these allegations of centrifuge construction... because when they do that, they violate there promise"

cue the drum beat of "search for the centrifuges".... NOW!

"we will find these centrifuges thru the UN, and if the UN doesn't find them, then we will go in and find them ourselves"

cue the first military action.....NOW!

"we, the embedded reporters, are being allowed total access to this vehicle divisions advance into iran, in the pursuit of the hidden centrifuges..."
the cruise missles are flying overhead, taking out armored iranian troops in advance of our location..."

"we have arrived at the alleged location of the centrifuges... they have obviously just been moved... we suspect they are on their way to Syria..."

any of this ring a bell? can anyone hear the drumbeat yet?
anyone notice how there is not ONE shred of evidence that there are any undeclared centrifuges other than "cited sources that have been reliable in the past" DOES THAT EXACT COMMENT NOT RING A BELL? does the phrase "bad intellegence that we didn't check into properly" ring a bell?

all I can say is "dumb dumb dee dumb dumb dee dumb dumb... which is exactly what this alleged info is...dumb...

Totally agree mate, totally agree. The administration know this type of thing works. Iraq was the test run, now its the second run to take on the big boys i.e. Iran and syria. Bush and his mates will say anything to get their hands on Iranian oil tho sanctions may only be the start.

It is my opinion that Bush and his neocon buddies know that the US can't take Iran right now. Iran is too strong. As a long term game plan I think that they might be trying to grind down the Iranian army/airforce with sanctions/forment revolution by distabilising the economy (there are a lot of disgruntled young unemployed in Iran) with a view that future neocon presidents can take Iran once Iraq has been bled dry and the US army has been given time to recover from Iraq/Afganistan. Opinions anyone.

Also another thought. Herioin production has stepped up in Afganistan. This has the knock on effect of distabilising Iran because that is one of the routes to the rest of the world that it is transported through.

new topics

top topics

join