It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Did the French Forewarn British Intelligence about Attacks?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Did the French forewarn British Intelligence about a possible threat? According to Le Figaro, a 20 page classified report was prepared and published by French intelligence discussing a possible threat by al-Qaida. It also reported that it had been tracking the increased movements of Pakistani activists from London and Asia visiting France.

French intelligence is usually considered reliable, but the interior ministry official has declined to comment.

www.guardian.co.uk
Both France and Saudi Arabia had advance warning that Britain was about to be attacked by al-Qaida, according to a classified report and claims by the Saudi ambassador to London. The warnings came at a time when the British intelligence services had concluded that there was no imminent attack planned.
In a classified report on the Pakistani community in France, presented to the French interior ministry in late June, the Renseignements Généraux, or DCRG, France's equivalent of the Special Branch, said Britain "remains threatened by plans decided at the highest level of al Qaida ... They will be put into action by operatives drawing on pro-jihad sympathies within the large Pakistani community in the UK."

Three of the four July 7 London bombers were Britons of Pakistani origin.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

It is clear that the French have been preparing for a possible threat to their own country. Was this intelligence report ignored by the British government? This is a little different from the Saudi intelligence claim as they can't really say they didn't understand the threat?

[edit on 9-8-2005 by nikelbee]

[edit on 9-8-2005 by nikelbee]

CX

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Thing is, and i'm sure i'll receive a whole load of flak for this, but its ok getting advanced warning that "an attack" is going to happen in London, but unless the intelligence services get specific details, its still like looking for a needle in a haystack.

I'm not sticking up for the int services here, but i do know that they are'nt superhuman and its a damn hard job to get it right every time.

Now i'll go back on this comment should it turn out that they knew that the tubes were going to be attacked and did nothing about it. There are a million and one targets that they could have gone for in London. Its like me saying now that the US and the UK will once again be hit soon by a terrorist attack, and if you do nothing about it then the government are at fault. It totaly depends on what information they were given by France and Saudi Arabia.

CX.

[edit on 9-8-2005 by CX]

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 07:00 AM
link   
CX,

I completely agree. There will be a lot of upset people if we find out they knew and didn't say anything. My concern is that they tried to deny it at first and then changed their answer to state they 'did not recognise' the claims.

Which is it? I also posted a link to an article that the French are now saying they knew as well. Although I thought I read something during the week of July 7th where the French immediately said it. Can't seem to find that link.

www.guardian.co.uk...

new topics

join