It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biblical Pool of Siloam Is Uncovered in Jerusalem!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I would agree but as time goes on, when the Bible hold fast in credibility no matter the assault, it strengthens that faith. It is not enough to put it in peoples hands but when the Word of God is constantly being assaulted as written by a bunch of old men, and not inspired, its nice to see a "see its just as it said" once in a while.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   
as far as "proof" goes:

this pool being found is not "proof" that the bible is right / wrong...

for example:

i could write about a shooting that took place in a mall (but it never really happined) and then 1000 years later people found my writings and the mall...

does this mean that this event occured???

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
as far as "proof" goes:

for example:

i could write about a shooting that took place in a mall (but it never really happined) and then 1000 years later people found my writings and the mall...

does this mean that this event occured???

Oh of course not, just as the Jews treck through the desert after leaving Egypt huh? Oh wait, that DID happen, again just as the Bible said it did.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I think there is ample proof in the historical records that Jesus existed - in fact, lots of them did. That whole region was lousy with Jesuses claiming to be the Messiah - it must have been a good business to be in!

Then, there were those other nutjobs claiming True Messiahood and they weren't even named Jesus. They probably didn't get a lot of business, though. If they had been smart, they would have invented their own town - like a Nazereth, only more believable.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Funny try there really, but the Jesus whom was crucified is the most WELL documented person from that era....

Care to try again?

OH wait, that would be documents that speak of God so you can not count those, better go with the Roman stuff then....

[edit on 15-8-2005 by edsinger]

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
Oh of course not, just as the Jews treck through the desert after leaving Egypt huh? Oh wait, that DID happen, again just as the Bible said it did.

No it didn't. There's no evidence of that. And like many have said, the existence of real places in stories of certain events doesn't exclude those events from being fictional, there's the example of the mall or of Robin Hood. Did Robin Hood exist because both Nottingham and King Richard - held captive by the Moors just as described in the story - existed?

[edit on 16-8-2005 by Simon666]

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 05:20 AM
link   

[

Sure, nice try, lets see what the next hole in the ground in Jerusalem will yeld, perhap we will find the entrance to heaven.

Every time something in the "holy land" gets discovered it has to be "holy" Right?

Because the bible tells you so.

If you're not interested in the topic about something that was in the bible was possibly found -archeological-wise...why don't you just go to the christian religion debate area??????????????????????????:shk:

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
as far as "proof" goes:

for example:

does this mean that this event occured???:

well, if any person was worth his salt he would ahve tried to find police reports of the event, or newspaper clippings that supported your writings, might even have tried to look at other records that proved you and the mall existed at that time. If you wrote other things they would have check those to see how much validity your writings were or if it was just fiction.

But you allways have to start with the absense of contray evidance that it COULD have happened, and it only turns into DID happen when there is sufficant evidance to support the event, or there are numerous other corroberating events recorded in said work that it can be easy to assume it is correct without checking for further evidance

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 04:33 PM
link   
great job Jehosephat...

i was praying someone would say this...

anyway, i guess there are many other writings that i could write and then people from 1000 years later could find some "proof" that was in my writing and, still, this does not mean that whatever i wrote occured...

the bible has stories that people believe to be true...

sadly, there is little to no evidence that support these stories...

i guess this is why it's called a leap of faith...

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 07:35 PM
link   
But what anger comes when the Bible is actually found to have been accurate in its depictions, Yes, its a leap of faith but the faith comes easy when its constantly being found TRUE!

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Just because they found a well that is mentioned in the bible doesn't mean that the bible is completely true....by using that logic, Jeruselam and other cities mentioned in it that are still here today means that its true.

Again I ask, if someone was to start a new cult/religion, would it be more convincing if they mentioned actual places or fictional places?

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 09:00 PM
link   
When the evidence continues to pile up and support one central idea, that the Bible is true.......you take notice.

Not of one single thing or theme, but the overall picture which is that the Bible represents "Truth".

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 04:57 AM
link   
though ED is right, they also have evidents of a 6000 year flood.

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   
it isn't just the pool they have found. To this day you can walk through the mount of olvies where Jesus spent some time in prayer and medication.

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Where did they find it??????

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by slymattb
Where did they find it??????

Is this enough?

The newly discovered pool is less than 200 yards from another Pool of Siloam, this one a reconstruction built between A.D. 400 and 460 by the empress Eudocia of Byzantium, who oversaw the rebuilding of several biblical sites.

LINK

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Thats tight, so we have found a pool that jesus was at, they said some where in john.

my question is where in john does it talk about the pool??? Some would say this is more proof that John is a good account of the bible. Because we do not know the wrighters of some of the gospels they're not good accounts. But finding the pool shows the gospels are more truer. Or at least john.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I would think it surely helps with wether its accurate or not, archeology has continued to find the Bible accurate.......

As for the pool, it is mentioned here:

Neh 3:15 The Fountain Gate was repaired by Shallun son of Col-Hozeh, ruler of the district of Mizpah. He rebuilt it, roofing it over and putting its doors and bolts and bars in place. He also repaired the wall of the Pool of Siloam, by the King's Garden, as far as the steps going down from the City of David.

John 9:6 Having said this, he spit on the ground, made some mud with the saliva, and put it on the man's eyes.
John 9:7 "Go," he told him, "wash in the Pool of Siloam" (this word means Sent). So the man went and washed, and came home seeing.

John 9:10 "How then were your eyes opened?" they demanded.
John 9:11 He replied, "The man they call Jesus made some mud and put it on my eyes. He told me to go to Siloam and wash. So I went and washed, and then I could see."

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join