It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This man hasn't eaten in 65 years

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I don't know about you, but this story makes me wonder. I know this world exists only as I percieve it, but this guy took it to a whole different level.
news.bbc.co.uk...

Any theories? Aliens? Angels? The power of the mind? I atribute it to the amazing wonderous concepts brought about through the Indus River Valley

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 08:17 PM
link   
This has shown up on this site before. I think it's a fraud, it's not that hard to fool the BBC!

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 08:56 PM
link   
My only thought is that the article does say that he lost a bit of weight during the time they were studying him -- if he never eats or drinks wouldn't he maintain his weight. I believe he can probably live on very little but nothing??

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
I think it's a fraud, it's not that hard to fool the BBC!

ZING!

Put the guy in the room for a year. Then see what happens.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 09:49 PM
link   
i think the title of this thread is a bit misleading. First off the article claimes that he stayed in a hospital for 10 DAYS without food. This is not that extraordinary. As for him not eating for decades, this was HIS CLAIM.

I dunno about you but ithink we should take HIS CLAIM with a grain of salt. I can maybe beleive he stayed in a hospital under close surveillence for 10 days, but i dunno if i am willing to beleive he stayed in a cave for decades without food or water.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I know a restraunt where the service is that slow!!!!
Come to think of it there was a really skinny guy sitting by himself, chewing on the menu .. he may be waiting still...

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Honest Injun. I go on a diet all the time. My family is like, 'please eat, or you'll die'. I'm like 'no. No want food'. Then they all go to bed, I turn on ATS, and eat half the ice cream in the house when no one is looking.

Piece of cake.

I read a US Army history book once that said Hitler never ate in public to show his superhuman control of his own will
... suckers.

[edit on 8-8-2005 by Chakotay]

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 11:54 PM
link   
This is old news. Do any of you even bother to look at the date of articles? ;-) Look at the top of the article: Tuesday, 25 November, 2003

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420Any theories? Aliens? Angels? The power of the mind? I atribute it to the amazing wonderous concepts brought about through the Indus River Valley

I got one. Supposing his claims are true.

"Mr Jani, claims he was blessed by a goddess at the age of eight and has lived in caves ever since."

Either he's telling the truth or he's not. Simple as that.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I think the impressive part of this article is not the claims that he hasn't eaten in decades, which even the doctors will not address because it is beyond the empirical, but that he can live for ten days without water. That's pretty remarkable, in my book.

And I don't see why the publication date has anything to do with this discussion except that, as someone noted, it has been discussed before.

[edit on 2005/8/9 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 12:33 AM
link   
It doesn't matter so much about the food, its the water. I believe the record for going without food was around 10months due to prisoners on hunger strike or something.

But not drinking for 10 days is impressive. I believe he may telling the truth, there are alsorts of strange oddities in the human body recorded over centuries.

And no matter what some people think of the BBC. This was under strict scientific conditions and had nothing todo with the BBC.

Vorta

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 02:51 AM
link   
I like how he repreasents himself as a woman, kind of, and yet is a manm showing how both are equal and have equal advantages.

I believe that his body may have adapted were he alters his bodily waist into pure water, of course the hole in his palate may have helped. ?

I wonder if he never sleeps because I know a person who has only slept about four ours a night since he was a kid and meditates all the time.

I agree with Vorta!

My window is open, the breaze is nice, ah, the sound of the train in the distance shrouds out the plane above, they fly close around here.
The skeptic will never understand the honest truth.

[edit on 9/8/05 by The Surrealist]

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Impressive to survive for 10 days without water. I believe the limit was around 3-5 days. But surviving without food for 65 years?! That's a little harder to swallow.

[edit on 8/9/2005 by Lifeadventurer]

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Impriible... maybe a month... but for that many years... Spookie...

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 04:35 AM
link   
"Doctors and experts are baffled by an Indian hermit who claims not to have eaten or drunk anything for several decades - but is still in perfect health. "

Claims.

I doubt this is true purely because your body needs water to function, as Amorymeltzer said, stick him in a room for a year and see if he can still go without food or drink.

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vorta
This was under strict scientific conditions and had nothing todo with the BBC.

Vorta

His hospital stay was recorded, yes - and he's obviously not your "average" human.

But the claim of many years? Not recorded, not scientifically measured. It's not difficult to claim something...the difficulty comes from trying to prove it.

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 05:15 PM
link   
3-5 days without water is the maximum. A person can go without food for much longer, depending on their pre-starvation weight, but water is an essential to life. This has to be a hoax.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Yeah it's obviously not true. It's about a month you can go without food, 65 years? Yeah right!

new topics

top topics

join