It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

D. D. Home, Real or Fake?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Daniel Danglas Home (pronounced hume, born and died: 1833-1873) is known as one of the world's greatest mediums. He was known for being able to materialize spirits, elongate and shrink is body, levitate, and make inanimate objects move during séances.

His "abilities" started when he was just a child. Some of them include his cradle rocking by itself, at four years old he predicted a cousin's death, when he was older he knew when his mother died three days in advance, and at 13 he had a vision of a childhood friend that died in a "faraway location".

He successfully materialized spirits numerous times throughout his career according to my sources. He was able to strecht his body as much as 11 inches and shrink it as little 7 inches (causing him to become 6.5 ft and 5 ft. respectively). He not only levitated himself during the séances, but those who were participating in it with him, while they were in chairs nonetheless! He also had tables tipped over and numerous other things and as a trademark he would put an accordian under the séance table and the spirits would allegedly play it shortly after they began it!

It should be noted however that he never did a public séance but only private ones in people's houses. This led to some people believeing he was nothing more than a simple trickster or magician.

So do y'all think that he was the real deal, or was he just a trickster? I believe that somethings he might've been responisble for, other things I think were an elaborate trick to keep his fame.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   
"when man LEARNS a (new description)of the world miracles are possible"

join