It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free speach problem

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I put this in "Political Conspiracies" as there isn't really any where else to put it, it's sorta political but more of a social issue.

If we have free speach, why do people on the forums...insult (I guess is the best word) other people? Like you can say things against Christianity, or something else, although you're being rude to someone, so someone can complain and a big arguement will start, and it comes full circle. Don't we have free speech to call each w*nkers? And then people talk about political correctness, screw it, I'm on a rant. Gee this is not a political conspiracy.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 08:31 PM
link   
People do get into heated discussion here at times.
But, this is a private board and we are guests of the owners.
We must abide by the Terms:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

So, what you say is subjet to the Terms.

2.) You will not behave in an abusive and/or hateful manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

[edit on 8-8-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Don't we have free speech to call each w*nkers?

End of the day, what will calling each other names like that achieve?

I think its better that we act in a manner, on which this board is based,
Deny ignorance.

Good healthy discussion is a good thing, having a good debate using knowledge is better than cheep fly comments and insults... it serves no purpose and really does not get any point across other than being rude and childish imho

one thing that stands out here on ATS in the great quality of the posts,
Yes lol some slip through the net and yes sometimes it does get heated but over all the posting in to a pretty high standered,

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Some people are just chaotic, and will disagree with you just to disagree with you. Healthy discussion is basically boring to these types of people. By taking on a self-righteous attitude, they can act this way guilt-free.

To respond to your statement, no, nobody has the right to verbally abuse(attack) another human being. As for these people with no intellectual depth.....

If you happen to interact with one of these people, the best thing to do is to let it roll off your shoulder and hope one day they will see the errors of their perspective..

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Some people use troll bait in their replies to threads. Sometime good intentioned folks respond to troll bait. Next is the heated dicussion which can take a perfectly good thread from "Hot Monkey Sex in Washington" to "You're an idiot neocon who believes in a stupid mythical book".

When practicing freedom of speech, please remember to use common courtesy and good taste.

top topics

join