It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who here believes in God?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I am a Jedi like my father before me.

And as such i know that there is no creator, only life that has patiently evolved.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I believe in God, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit, as three distinct and separate entities. I believe that God is the creator of the universe. I'm rather skeptical about the 6000 year thing, though, since the scientific evidence shows earth is much older (as is humanity).

I'm kind of a 'half-believer' in evolution. It is scientific fact that species can evolve. I read of a case of a moth species in england during the industrial revolution that evolved from being white-colored with black spots, to black-colored with white spots, in order to camouflage against pollution-covered surfaces.

I don't believe that people came from monkeys, or that life started with micro-organisms and worked its way up. I just don't see how characteristics like gender could have evolved naturally.

Faeryland: I believe in the co-existence of God and Science.

As do I. I think God follows the rules of science, He just knows them a heck of a lot better than we do!

DontTreadOnMe: I simply don't know how anyone could look at the universe, the skies, the planets, the earth and all that is on it and not believe something eternal and wondrous had a hand in it.

I'm a Mormon, and while I'm pretty sure DTOM is not, this is strikingly like a verse from the Book of Mormon:

Alma 30:44 (second half of the verse)
...all things denote there is a God; yea, even the earth, and all things
that are upon the face of it, yea, and its motion, yea, and also
all the planets which move in their regular form do witness that
there is a Supreme Creator.

I think that says it pretty well, at least from where my beliefs stand.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I believe in God. God the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. I have faith in his Word, and believe it as truth.
I do believe Genesis account of the 6 day creation also.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I believe in God, his son Jesus, and the holy spirit that they are seperate and the same.

I believe that God created life, but that our time frame is different from his.
I think that there is an evolution but that God is that evoultion (example he changes the creatures as he sees fit to make them work better in life).

I don't think that man evolved from apes though. I believe God created us seperatly in his image. That will bring to question what image is God. I believe God is the image of all of mankind not so much a peice of flesh like we would think but a pure engery.

Darwin once said

I cannot persuade myself that a beneficent and omnipotent God would have designedly created parasitic wasps with the express intention of their feeding within the living bodies of Caterpillars.

But the bible clearly says that Adam and Eve were sent from the garden of eden because of sin. This is why our God have put things on the Earth that are not safe for us this is why IMO some see him as not having anything to do with this experiment we call earth. We must now search for him ourself. We as ppl must make the constant effort to hold firm to our beliefs. Just because there is a God or we are christian does not mean life will be gravy from there on. But opinions will very and this is mine.

Raist

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Hi Mash:

Which "GOD" are you believing which (as you say) "created" all the known (and unknown) universes? YHWH the viscious clan god of the Jews who likes nothing better than to exterminate Amalekites and who wants all the Jebusites dead and takes some kind of perverted special interests in middleastern nomads lost in the desert throwing urim and thummim dice?

Doesn't sound too "creative" to me ...! I suggest you pick another god to create your universe...Brahama seems like a nice start...!

"Creative intelligence and design by a SINGLE DIVINE MIND" has little to do with the genocidal vomit placed into priestly racist and superstitious documents like the shizophrenic(and bad tempered !) desert clan god YHWH featured in "the Bible" who likes to keep talking ad Nauseam about some kind of a Master Race---eerrrr....umm..."chosen people" , whoopps ! I forgot !!--- who are somehow "different and better" than other people...i.e. the other people being called pejoratively such charming epithets as "goyim", "gentiles", "dogs" (to use the word Jesus used, and those persons who penned the Dead Sea scrolls) "cattle" "dumb-oxen" "soul-less idolators" and other such endearing names that those charming Rebbes in the Talmud just love to call us "other" folks--you know the ones that prefer to remain un-circumcised, thank you....

[edit on 19-8-2005 by NEOAMADEUS]

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I absolutely believe in God. But as for my take on creationism, I'm still thinking that one through...

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 11:06 AM
link   
In reply to NEOADAMUS (sorry if I spelt it wrong) the Bible and other books were written by man remember. So it will be slightly twinged.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 11:26 AM
link   
It's amazing to see all these people actually believe...
Good stuff... Me too.. I believe you can't get to heaven unless you claim jesus christ your saviour. My grandfather was a good catholic man who held strong to his faith, and what keeps my faith alive is the story my mom told me about her dream the morning my grandma died. He came to her in a dream and had a big smile on his face, my uncle called her in the morning and told her ruth was dead. But she didn't upset since her dad let her know that she was 'coming home' so to speak.

I do believe there is a heaven, I believe when you die, your spirit/essence is welcomed by jesus/god after he judges you to see if you gave much of yourself, helped other people, and well followed the 10 commandments and repented whenever you messed up.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I'm a Catholic and have a semi-strong belief in God. I suppose the "semi" comes partly from being a teenager, partly from past experiences, but I don't doubt that there is someone there...

My take on Creationism is unfortunately not tweaked to every golden detail. While I believe that it is all God's work, I also believe in evolution, and that evolution IS God's work... But that's pretty much just my basis of it all...

My only beef with the Bible (to the people who were talking about it being written by man-- which actually as a Catholic I believe man wrote it down under the influence of God) is that it wasn't originally in English-- It was translated... And I've noticed a significant difference even between just English versions and Latin versions, having translated the Latin literally for a class... Translators have sometimes taken the Bible, translated it, but put it in a way they best saw fit, rather than just translating... I'm just a Latin enthusiast, so really that's all that bugs me...

[edit on 19-8-2005 by Alcor]

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I believe. I m 100 % sure that there is a God!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join