It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Records: Schwarzenegger's father was member of storm troopers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 07:52 AM
link   
www.sacbee.com...

VIENNA, Austria (AP) - It's just a tiny typewritten line tucked away in an immense archive, but it sheds further light on the Nazi past of Arnold Schwarzenegger's father.
The brief entry in one of millions of documents stored at the Austrian State Archives shows that Gustav Schwarzenegger, the late father of the film star now running for governor of California, was a volunteer member of the Sturmabteilung, or SA - the notorious Nazi storm troopers also known as brownshirts.

hmmm this isnt going to help his chances of becoming governor at ALL! i dont think arnold is a nazi or anything but this is just not going to help him at all.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 11:22 AM
link   
what?!?!?!

noones going to reply to this??

noone has an opinion or anything to say?

ARE YOU PEOPLE PUTTING ME ON???

THIS IS NOT A JOKE! this can really effect his chances for becoming governor!!!

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I don't think it will effect his chance at governor at all. Right now he is ahead of everybody in the polls. Not that polls mean a whole lot. But I think people are smart enough to realize that it was his father that was a nazi, not Arnold. Lisening to some of the things that Arnold has in the past couple of days, I'm liking him more and more.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyeff
I don't think it will effect his chance at governor at all. Right now he is ahead of everybody in the polls. Not that polls mean a whole lot. But I think people are smart enough to realize that it was his father that was a nazi, not Arnold. Lisening to some of the things that Arnold has in the past couple of days, I'm liking him more and more.

oh i agree but sheeple usually flee in droves when one is startled and bolts for safety....lemmings if you will.

it shouldnt effect his chances but in some way it will IF its made a big to do of.

he's for legalizing the medicnal use of pot so that'd get my vote right there but he'd wind up clashing with the feds who think that the states shouldnt be able to govern themselves (they've done it before on this issue).

i also found out some other positions he has on other issues. sounds like a guy i'd vote for.

i'm not trying to muddy up the guys name by bringing this up about his father but i think its interesting how far others will go to dig up dirt on others.

bustamante (or however you spell) has been shown to be in theleads in polls but then again i dont take any poll seriously as they usually dont reflect reality all that well but do reflect kneejerk reactions to things. in other words they show initial reactions, not thought out answers.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Let the mud-slinging and character assassination begin!!!

Though, to be quicker, they should just use William's avatar....

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 11:50 AM
link   
You know Prank....
I doubt it will have ANY bearing at all on Arnold's chance in California. Of course, as par with society today, the 'past' of an individual...as mundane as it is 3/4's of the time always seem to be made into a 'crisis' situation for anyone running in the public limelight. Does Arnold suppose to be held responsible for the "doings" of his ancesters? And why should this have any bearing today...in most cases?

If one wishes to, the "dirt" on anyone's family hertitage or on anyone period, can always be dredged up. Nobody is perfect and why should a person be held accountable for what his father or grandfather, or great uncle or whatever did in the distant past?!?

Anyone who uses this information from the past to judge a person, based on his or hers family past, is a diluted individual who obviously sits around and reads the National Enquirer and the Globe all day.

I see this have no bearing on the present day individual and it shouldn't.

regards
seekerof

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
You know Prank....
I doubt it will have ANY bearing at all on Arnold's chance in California. Of course, as par with society today, the 'past' of an individual...as mundane as it is 3/4's of the time always seem to be made into a 'crisis' situation for anyone running in the public limelight. Does Arnold suppose to be held responsible for the "doings" of his ancesters? And why should this have any bearing today...in most cases?

If one wishes to, the "dirt" on anyone's family hertitage or on anyone period, can always be dredged up. Nobody is perfect and why should a person be held accountable for what his father or grandfather, or great uncle or whatever did in the distant past?!?

Anyone who uses this information from the past to judge a person, based on his or hers family past, is a diluted individual who obviously sits around and reads the National Enquirer and the Globe all day.

I see this have no bearing on the present day individual and it shouldn't.

regards
seekerof

i know and i hope this doesnt effect his chances. i'd like to see him become governor personally.\

(edited because it posted this without my actual reply....:flame

[Edited on 28-8-2003 by ThePrankMonkey]

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Last week Bustamonte was leading in poll from the LA Times. It only polled 801 people in the LA area. Funny thing is the dems were all happy and dancing because he had a slight lead. Last night I was watching the news nad the interviewed a dem congress women and she welll polls are not always right,don't pay attention to them. I was lmao.
I would be surprized if the mudslinging really hurt Arnold. Really all he has to say, is see what the dems have to CA. He will get the votes. IMO........

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 06:02 PM
link   
A voice of moderation here - Its not like his father was a member of the Gestapo - in fact if you read a little history of the Nazi regime the Brown Shirts were little more than boy scouts to the "big" picture. Ita kind of like when I travel to the US i have to answer if i have been a member of the communist party - we if i have ever been a memeber of some of the Left wing unions in this country during the '70s then yes i probably have given that they were associated with such activities. However I think the truth is plainer than that - in the '70s here in the UK you could not work in some trades without being in a union - kind of like the teamsters in the US (before anyone crys foul on that) - so perhaps the guy did what he did to protect his family and that meant joining the party.

Not that I can really comment - here in the UK we respect the right to stand for office regardless of what someones forebears did - ahh but you have a consitution that allows that dont you ?. For myself having a family that dates back to the early 17th Century and were Knights im sure I have more than a few skeletons in my closet (thoughts of the rape and pillage done in the kings name in France over history come to mind)

And to rant a little - is it fine to accept the technology produced by Nazis to go to the moon or build an atomic bomb - but not to allow some actor become a state govenor ? cos his dad was some lowely party functionary ?. After all wasnt Armstrongs walk Americas finest moment ?.

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silk
After all wasnt Armstrongs walk Americas finest moment ?

That really depends on where you believe he was walking. A historical pinnacle of short-distance space travel, or orchestrated spun garbage.

Of more concern than Arnie's Nazi patriarchal link (and that might be a significant milestone in politics) is the impression of how many would vote for him because they believe he is Arnie the character portrayed in his action movies. (They are all the same character, of course).

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 10:47 PM
link   
well that might affect the opinion of people toward the governator.

www.sfgate.com.../c/a/2003/08/29/RAUNCH.TMP&nl=top

But I still think he'd make a good governor. After all, people like him care so much about being liked by the masses, he couldn't affort to be a bad governor.

[Edited on 30-8-2003 by m0rbid]

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 11:08 PM
link   
What surprises me is that anyone surprised by this. people, this is OLD news, from like, 3, 4 years ago. Arnold calmly admitted with a yeah, he was a nazi, i wasnt even born when the war ended, ect.

JFK's father was a Mafia criminal and a funder of terror. I dont see what Arnies Nazi daddy has anything to do with him. he obviously isnt a Nazi. You cant be a Nazi in hollywood, theres alot of jewish actors and directors that would rip u to shreds.

Compared the the spineless wimp for a govonor they now posses, even a steroid ripped actor is better. That should tell u how bad california is. # is I was down there, id even vote for Larry Flynt, or Gary Coleman. Hell, id vote for the local Taco Vendor. Davis just blew Californbia to pieces.

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePrankMonkey
what?!?!?!

noones going to reply to this??

noone has an opinion or anything to say?

ARE YOU PEOPLE PUTTING ME ON???

THIS IS NOT A JOKE! this can really effect his chances for becoming governor!!!

I started a similar thread and was closed for some unknown reason.

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 06:16 AM
link   
This is hitting below belt.

Btw, i think that i it more correctly called as a "assault troop".

SA - Sturm Abteilung (Storm Section). (Sturmgewehr -> Assault rifle..)

www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk...

top topics

join